Code of Conduct

Default Which frag for my first day as attorney?

Ok, tomorrow is my first day of work as an attorney! I will be working up in Millburn, New Jersey doing Estate Planning/Administration/Tax work.

While attorneys in general tend to dress on the conservative side, I would expect even more so in estate planning when you are dealing with peoples fortunes and estates. That was the impression I got when I interviewed up there... some firms have a lax dress code, but the estate planning firms do not.

What frag should I wear? I am thinking more to impress my co-workers & the partners for my first day, since I probably won't have contact with clients for a while.

My thinking was Bois du Portugal, but I am open to other suggestions, and y'all have the link to my wardrobe.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Default Re: Which frag for my first day as attorney?

Congrats K!

I think you should wear a classic for your first day, and you have several. I voted for Guerlain Vetiver, because I always wear it as a "good luck" scent, when I'm in a superstitious mood. You can't go wrong with Bois du Portugal either. But I would suggest for the very first day, wearing something green like Vetiver.

Pasha!

Pure confidence, class and professionalism, babay!

Grats, K

My vote goes for BdP

First of all a huge congratulations K. I know how hard you've worked to get to this point. Why, I even remember a period there at the beginning of the year where you literally absented yourself from Basenotes for a few months. Now that's dedication and will power. Best of luck to you in your new job.

My advice is not to become the cologne guy from day one by wearing something that projects too much. Clearly if your colleagues are going to be working with you they are going to have to get used to your colognes and your cologne habit, but it might be a good idea to break them in gently, especially if it's a somewhat conservative environment. Also, I've found people are more likely to accept eccentricities once they feel comfortable with you and it's important to remember that for most people wearing different colognes each day of the year is a huge eccentricity.

Whatever you choose go very lightly on it so that they catch the merest whisper of what you're wearing. I think BdP administerd gently is an excellent choice. Definitely the fragrance of a man who's arrived, but then again all of your list offers wonderful choices.

Once again congratulations and the best of luck in your new career.

Your friend,

scentemental

P.S. Are you willing to trade legal advice for decants?
    ;D

I won't pick because I know the Vicomte knows scents too well to need to ask!

Congratulations K!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Congratulations and good luck! That's some accomplishment. I'm picking Blenheim Bouquet, for its reserve and social niceties. Nothing wrong with tradition.

I definitely say Blenheim or BdP as well, both will be perfect. Good Luck!

MMM

Congratulations buddy, you need to stamp your mark right from day 1.
    I was torn between Habit Rouge & Blenheim bouqet, but I settled for Habit Rouge, go on you know you want to...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    First of all a huge congratulations K. I know how hard you've worked to get to this point. Why, I even remember a period there at the beginning of the year where you literally absented yourself from Basenotes for a few months. Now that's dedication and will power. Best of luck to you in your new job.

My advice is not to become the cologne guy from day one by wearing something that projects too much. Clearly if your colleagues are going to be working with you they are going to have to get used to your colognes and your cologne habit, but it might be a good idea to break them in gently, especially if it's a somewhat conservative environment. Also, I've found people are more likely to accept eccentricities once they feel comfortable with you and it's important to remember that for most people wearing different colognes each day of the year is a huge eccentricity.

Whatever you choose go very lightly on it so that they catch the merest whisper of what you're wearing. I think BdP administerd gently is an excellent choice. Definitely the fragrance of a man who's arrived, but then again all of your list offers wonderful choices.

Once again congratulations and the best of luck in your new career.

Your friend,

scentemental

P.S. Are you willing to trade legal advice for decants?
    *;D
    Umm, what he said.

I agree 100%; I was about to post a very similar set of congratulations and advice, but damnit, scentemental beat me to it! (And was probably more eloquent than I would have been, as well... )

Good luck, K!

- John

Well my vote goes to Acqua Di Parma ,and of course good luck in his new job
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Well newby,

There is A must have first day attorney scent

Eau du COQ by Guerlain

Imagine people's face with your reply I am wearing today eau du COQ

CAREFULL it might also be your last................day

and good luck

coco rico the french coq noise

laurent
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    Well * newby,

There is A must have first day attorney scent
    Eau du COQ *by Guerlain
    Imagine people's face with your reply *I am wearing today *eau du COQ
    CAREFULL it might also be your last................day
    and good luck
    coco rico * *the french coq noise
    ;D I could always wear Goth Rosary - Graveyard the first time I meet a client.

Actually, I am pretty surprised at how the vote is turning up. I added Blenheim Bouquet as a last minute thought. ("Oh yeah, I have a decant of that...&quot
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

My vote went to Dunhill 2003. It's a friendly and inviting scent. It's also neutral in the sense that it doesn't create a first impression whether it be good or bad. BDP is good but I feel that it projects too much. But if you decide to go with this I'm sure you would go lightly so that's not much of a problem. Have you considered A*men? I heard the ladies love it. Just kidding. :P Good luck.

Ladies and Gents-
    Thank you all for your help! I decided to close the vote because I have to get up pretty early in order to get up to N. Jersey, and I definitely want to be early on my first day, so I'm getting to bed ultra-early, helped by a glass of Ouzo.

I wish I had something with a touch more duration in a pine fragrance, but I can't think of anything other than Bowling Green, but it lacks BB's formality. Though similar, Acqua di Selva dies a quick death.

I'm going to pull out my decant and give it a go for tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    K

Basenotes Plus

Congrats, bud! You can't go wrong with BDP for any occasion. I assume you are referring to PDN New York, also a great choice!

Congrats and nice work.
    Your collection is full of classics and not a stinker in the bunch you mentioned. Any one of these will fit the bill entirely.
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Damn! I'm too late to vote, but I too would have chosen Blenheim Bouquet. Excellent choice, and congrats!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Thank you everyone!

Wore Blenheim Bouquet today. Was unusually strong today, I think from the back of the neck application, and lasted for longer than usual (possibly due to my wearing an undershirt, which is not something I usually do due to overheating.) Though it may have been strong initially, I don't think this was an issue because it takes me (with a 77 mi commute + trip to Starbucks) around 2 hours before I arrive at work. :-?

Good choice fellers! Will go for BdP ... lightly tomorrow.

Still in shock that Eau Sauvage only got two votes!
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Still in shock that Eau Sauvage only got two votes!
    Hmmm...seems like it got plenty. If it was your choice you should have gone with it, as Chris implied in his suggestion. Maybe the consultation was well advised, though I don't know Blenheim Bouquet it sounds classy. Eau Sauvage suggests to me one of those sleezy personal injury types I see marching towards the camera lense amidst the grim early morning news stories.

A well chosen Creed such as Erolfa or Original Vetiver seems more appropriate to me.