Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Guilty Pleasures?

I know this thread's been done before, but now that we have some new members, I'll ask it again....

What are some frags that you LOVE wearing when you're spending a day @ home? You're spending a day to yourself, no social contact, free to wear whatever your lil heart desires?

For me, I LOVE the smell of patchouli in the fall!!!!! I'm talkin' PURE patchouli. However I'd never wear it out...

And you?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Guilty Pleasures?

If I'm by myself...hrm...

Chlorine. I love the smell of Chlorine and I don't know why, but to clear up any fears, no I DON'T sit around sniffing it. I just find it intruging. That and the smell of metal.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I don't mean to come across as snobbish but if I were afraid or reluctant to wear something in public I wouldn't own it in the first place. I detest that socially uncomfortable feeling of wondering what people think or if I'm offending anyone by what I'm wearing.

My .02

Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

Drakkar Noir. I just plain love the stuff but haven't been able to bring myself to wear it for ten years.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth pour Homme Haute Concentration.

Ah, quite a few. Mitsouko. Black Cashmere. I don't know why BC is a guilt-ridden frag because I wear KM Oliban and they are just about the same thing.

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazycalm
    I don't mean to come across as snobbish but if I were afraid or reluctant to wear something in public I wouldn't own it in the first place. I detest that socially uncomfortable feeling of wondering what people think or if I'm offending anyone by what I'm wearing.

My .02

Aaron
    That's the beauty of PERSONALITY though! It's like the biker who's all badass w/ his buddies & then goes home & cries along w/ his taped soap operas, the meek little nerd who goes home & listens to death metal, etc. There's something in all of us that we do alone that we'd be embarrassed if our friends ever found out... This being a fragrance board, I'm sure we all have something we wear that we wouldn't wear out in public
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I enjoyed wearing Shalimar at home, but would never wear it to work.

It`s not sort of shy, but I`m still using Mitsouko, Habit Rouge and Chamade Guerlain at home. I was trying to wear it on streets and in office - and have some pleasure, but not enough... to wear them more...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I've never known guilt when it has to do with perfume.

I wear Vetiver Extraordinaire in my hermitage. I live it.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm having a lazy day at home with maybe just a little walk around town, I take out my precious bottle of discontinued Versace - Versus Uomo. It's not because I don't like to wear it in public (au contraire) but since it's probably the last 30ml I'm ever going to smell, I want to enjoy every minute of it! Mmmm [smiley=smiley.gif]

If I'm not going to be running into anyone, I'll wear Kouros, Nu EDP, samples and stuff i have decanted- That way I can wear several scents at the same time, and not cause a scene.

I just got off work, so I'm wearing Kouros. This has to be my favorite scent of all time. I don't wear it in public though, because like all the greats, it is simply misunderstood! If I were rich and famous and people had to be nice to me no matter what, I would douse myself in this everyday...

And if you hate Kouros, don't give up...It took a long time to convert me. It still sells for a reason.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To think I thought you were talking about the new Barbra Streisand album.

LOL

Moi, gay?

Noooooooooooooo. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    To think I thought you were talking about the new Barbra Streisand album.

LOL

Moi, gay?

Noooooooooooooo. ;D

LOL! I had mentioned casually about how i wanted to go see Bea Arthur when she was on tour a few years ago, but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go. And these dudes where like, "why would you want to go see Bea Arthur?" I said i wanted to find out why she was a gay icon, but these dudes had no sense of humor. They reacted like "that's really odd". I was pissed.

I'm straight and I've never owned a Barbra Streisand album in my life, but if I have alot of tastes in common with my gay brothers and sisters, whats the freakin harm in going to see Bea Arthur, or giving Barbra Streisand a shot ...why not. Why can't i like musicals and prance around the house with Madonna on the stereo. Its fun dammit.

Why can't I wear Le Male if i want to!?!

"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

More "girly" stuff - Opium (for women), Chanel's Coco. Can't say I feel guilty about it, though. I just put it on, and let the aroma ravish me!

Opium PH EDP or Tuscany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Opium PH EDP or Tuscany.
    I wear Opium PH EDP anywhere, but when i'm home by myself all day i BATHE in it!! [smiley=happy.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

90% of my colognes (perfumes) are there to be worn, and that includes Mitsouko or Bandit (wardrobe). I can identify myself with these and wear them regularly depending on the occasion. 10% are there for sentimental reaons, or to be admired the way I could admire a painting or carpet (several flowers like rose and Iris, plus a few exuberant femme perfumes, like Amazone). They are not in my wardrobe as I do not really consider them a part of myself.

(1.) Those 10% get their chance on me on days by myself at home. Can’t really say that ‚I wear them.‘ They rather get exhibited on my arm or more. And when they develop, I want to concentrate on whatever I choose for a while. Reading a book does not hurt. Also music works well in that process but duties or guests would be disturbing.

(2.) There is a small, but most treasured sector of my wardrobe, which is also for weekends only. The peculiar reason: I am a shy extrovert. On one hand I gravitate(!) towards the most powerful colognes to bathe in, and on the other I would hate himself for flooding the subway or office with those like a tsunami. So the best scents ever, ones that I feel to be part of myself, are almost just weekend scents: Bois du Portugal, Musk Ravageur, Noir Epices. Since ages Kouros also belongs to that category (cheers, Indie_Guy).

Holidays and weekends are never long enough. If they were I would buy Tuscany tomorrow

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Shalimar layered with Yatagan ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smellitnow
    Shalimar layered with Yatagan ;D
    I have not had a full wearing yet, but Yatagan is on my list for Mon-Fri this winter! Shalimar (and Jicky) - no, not even Sundays.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Stuff I've never smelt before and have samples of. I got to test it out first before I go out in public.

Rive Gauche
    Tabac Blond
    SL MKK

In the past, my guilty pleasure was patchully also since I was the only one arond me that seemed to enjoy it. Perfect for thos cold wintery nights. No days, I love kyoto. It is so mouth watering and inticing! However, I will sneak back into my samples of patchouly soon! shhhhhhh

The only scent that I never wear outside the house is Santalia. The relaxing blend of Australian sandalwood and Moroccan rose from Jean LaPorte is a favorite sleep scent. It has this amazing ability to calm me down and put me at ease after a hard day. I acquired it purely by chance and have never regretted having it. My bottle is only about 20% full and I may actually have to buy more once it is all gone.

Beyond that, there isn't much I won't wear outside the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Chopard Casmir
    Guerlain Samsara
    Houbigant Monsieur Musk

True loves for me alone. 8-)
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

It probably sounds kinky, but for me it's Maroussia, by Slava Zaitsev, Russian fashion designer. It's women's alright, but it is kind of a fencer, not strictly feminine at all. I love this stuff, sometimes water it down with Bel Ami or something like that when I go out, but I wear it pure quite often, always at home.

That, and everything by Guerlain. Coriolan and Habit Rouge mostly.