Code of Conduct

Default A fall/winter frag

Hi

Just did some testing lately looking for another fall fragrance. I'd like some more suggestions or comments.

Givenchy - Very Irresistible:
    I don't like the start. Smells like they mixed chocolate milk with Sprite or something. I do really like it after a couple of minutes though. Lasts a good time on me. To me it's sweet, warm and still fresh at the same time and might be one I buy. Whoever thought up the name should be fired though.

Bulgari - Black:
    Every brand out there seems to be releasing "black" labels at the moment. This might be one of the few that actually really well fits "black". You can even tell how it smells just by looking at the bottle. I read the reviews and I never imagined to like a rubber-smell. I do really like it though. It's very warm, special and expensive too. Rubber and vanilla. I wonder how - but it seems to work.

Burberry - Brit:
    Another one I really like (yeah - I might be a little easy to please). Spicy, warm and somehow seems fresh to me. I just might feel a little too young for this one (20 yrs). I'll definitely test it again though.

Chanel - Antaeus:
    Not a bad scent but my first thought was "Hmm, I've yet to turn 40". I'll never buy this one because it really reminds me of old people. Probably someone I know who wears it I relate it to.

D&G - PH:
    Smells nice but I instantly recognized this one because I've smelt it sooo many times before. I don't want to smell like everybody else.

Azzaro - Visit:
    I liked this at first but after a couple of tests it began to seem almost sour on my skin. Don't know what happened but I really dislike it now.

YSL - Opium:
    I like this one too but it might be a bit too powerful. I might re-test this one.

Chanel Egoiste/Platinum:
    Gives me a headache.

A*Men:
    No no no no. I'm not made of chocolate. Way too powerful for me considering the chocolate smell.

Comments or other suggestions for me to test? Right now I'm mostly considering VI, Black and Brit but I'm open for new suggestions. No niche as I would have no chance to test them.

Default Re: A fall/winter frag

Fahrenheit, for something lighter
    YSL M7, for something heavy and musky
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Without knowing what's already in your wardrobe I'd a suggest Habit Rouge for a nice fall frag.

Aaron

Blog Entries

Burberry London
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thanks. I forgot to mention Fahrenheit. I'm sorry but that's probably the worst thing I've ever tried. It was downright horrible. I might have to re-test it though since you mention it as "light" - that really wasn't my first impression about it.

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    Thanks. I forgot to mention Fahrenheit. I'm sorry but that's probably the worst thing I've ever tried. It was downright horrible. I might have to re-test it though since you mention it as "light" - that really wasn't my first impression about it.
    Yes, yes your impressions on this gasoline scent are correct, best avoided. Have you tried

Hanae Mori
    Rochas Man
    Mat Very Male
    Lacoste
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    [quote author=minilomaniac link=1127332993/0#4 date=1127335448]Thanks. I forgot to mention Fahrenheit. I'm sorry but that's probably the worst thing I've ever tried. It was downright horrible. I might have to re-test it though since you mention it as "light" - that really wasn't my first impression about it.
    Yes, yes your impressions on this gasoline scent are correct, best avoided. Have you tried

Hanae Mori
    Rochas Man
    Mat Very Male
    Lacoste[/quote]

Ok, so it isn't just me who doesn't like Fahrenheit...

I've tried Lacoste but didn't really like it... It's one of the best-selling fragrance brands here too which isn't a plus. I'll have a look at the other ones though. Thanks.

Why don't you try Emporio Armani Night?

Body Kouros is a great oriental that isn't sickeningly sweet. If A*men is too strong, you might want to try Rochas Man as an alternative. It's a lot milder.

i sugeest that you try burberry touch or carolina hererra and spray this one maybe once. touch is slightly deep and hererra is woodsy(almost cedar like)

gary(g303's son)

I'll second the YSL M7! A fall must have.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I've heard M7 mentioned so often that I wonder why I haven't tried it yet. I've even seen it in the shops.

I just have to be really sure of my choice as I can afford only one.

I absolutely love
    Comme des Garçons Parfum, it's perfect for and like a walk through a Christmas market with crafted candy, gingerbread, honey candles, mulled wine and snow flakes gently falling from the night sky, or to say it short:
    ABSOLUT KITSCH ;D and absolutely unwearable in most other occasions

I love Bvlgari Black, out of those listed at the top i would definitely go with this one. M7 is a complex scent, very masculine and a bit old for me (19). I would suggest trying Gucci Envy for a really nice nutmeg/ginger/incense scent.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Burberry - Brit:
    Another one I really like (yeah - I might be a little easy to please). Spicy, warm and somehow seems fresh to me. I just might feel a little too young for this one (20 yrs). I'll definitely test it again though.
    I don't think you're too young for this. It is a combination rose and gourmand scent ... that said, it is pretty sophisticated but not like robustly so as might be the case for something like Heritage, Zino, or maybe Baldessarini. I wouldn't give up on Brit.

As for other fall-winter frags you might want to consider:
    Body Kouros
    Habit Rouge
    Aramis Life
    Jazz (I have a feeling you like rose in your frags)
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

My Fall/Winter fragrances - Body Kouros, Rochas Man, Sandalwood body oil (Oriscent.com, I like this alot.)and Spark. I wear Burberry's Brit but it seems more suited for warmer weather to me. Just my 2 cents.

If you like wood notes, try Gucci Pour Homme. I also agree with the above recommendations of Spark, M7, Hanae Mori, Envy, Bulgari Black, etc.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Some other good fall/winter frags I'd recommend are:

Michael Kors
    Black Code
    John Varvatos
    Pi
    B*Men
    Armani Mania
    Drakkar Noir

Ok, so it isn't just me who doesn't like Fahrenheit...
    No, I dislike Fahrenheit as well! *[smiley=thumbdown.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

RTbar

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here
    Some other good fall/winter frags I'd recommend are:

Michael Kors
    Black Code
    John Varvatos
    Pi
    B*Men
    Armani Mania
    Drakkar Noir

[quote author=minilomaniac link=1127332993/0#6 date=1127338093]Ok, so it isn't just me who doesn't like Fahrenheit...
    No, I dislike Fahrenheit as well! *[smiley=thumbdown.gif]
    [/quote]

That's funny you list Mania as a winter scent, I alwayd thought of it as a strictly warm weather scent

Gucci PH
    Ysl M7