Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Layering fun, the girls liked it!

OK...so I wear fragrance every day & I very rarely get compliments. Last night I couldn't decide what to wear to karaoke night @ the bar. I was torn between Curve & Banana Republic M. At the last minute I decided to layer 'em. Curve first, then BRM once the Curve was dry. About 10 minutes after I arrived, a friend of mine showed up. She walked over to greet me and when she was right in front of me she stopped, & then when she got right in front of me she looked like she was going to faint! She then proceeded to go into a fit of compliments about how good I smelled & asking what it was I was wearing. Later that night, I had another friend tell me I smelled good when she leaned in to give me a hug, and another girl complimented me as I walked past her.

Who would've thought??
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Layering fun, the girls liked it!

After reading your post, I put some Vaseline on my wrist and 1 sprit of Curve and 1 sprit of Bvlgari PH on top, and the result is weird its like Curve+Lemon but the combination also gives out a bad smell.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Blog Entries

Hmm...can't imagine what a lemony curve would smell like, lol. Banana Republic M is very orangey. It's a really simple citrus kind of like Clinique Happy.

I never smelt Banana Republic M but will try and order some, at the Moment the Curve and Bph is going to a stage that smells of Tobaco, but over all i will not stick with it, I was thinking of Layering Bph with GiT but i am one of does that does not want to waste a single bit of GiT
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Blog Entries

LOL understandable .

I dont believe in layering

If a scent do not deserve to stand on its own then It has not been done properly

OR like Jo Malone you advertise about layering now do I need to tell you what layering is it is PROFIT.

I am not putting Jo Malone alone here just look at the new Body Shop Concept and it is LAYERING

YOU CUSTOMERS TO BE "IN" well you will have to spend twice as much to smell good !!!!!

Why buy one bottle you can smell better if you buy two even three !!!!

Laurent
    Invisible Power

Blog Entries

Oh trust me, I VERY RARELY layer frags. Mainly because I don't have many frags in my collection that would smell good in a layering experiment (or at least none that I THINK would smell good). But I just did it on a whim last night & I'm glad I did! Claiborne should've used THIS creation & marketed it as their Curve summer frag instead of that "wave" crap, lol.

I read once that if you use a good sandalwood fragrance (Sandalo for instance) as a base, you can add nearly any fragrance over it because most of them have sandalwood in them anyway. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds interesting.

A*Men and Cologne are designed to be layered. It is the only way I wear A*Men outside the house...otherwise, its too overwhelming for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Longrove
    I read once that if you use a good sandalwood fragrance (Sandalo for instance) as a base, *you can add nearly any fragrance over it because most of them have sandalwood in them anyway. *I haven't tried it yet but it sounds interesting.
    This sounds reasonable. Curve made a good base 'cause of it's sandalwood & amber drydown.

i wreckon opium and envy would be good together,

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    I dont believe in layering

If a scent do not deserve to stand on its own then *It has not been done properly

OR like Jo Malone *you advertise about layering *now do I need to tell you what layering is * it is PROFIT.

I am not putting Jo Malone alone here * *just look at the new Body Shop Concept *and it is *LAYERING

YOU CUSTOMERS *TO BE * "IN" * well you will have to spend twice as much to smell good * !!!!!

Why buy one bottle * you can smell better if you buy *two *even three *!!!!

Laurent
    Do you press the space bar twice between words on purpose? [smiley=wink.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yvan

I hardly ever layer, but I'm doing it tonight. I kind of like the way Zanzibar and Black Code smell together--a delicious oriental mix. I've got about 4 sprays of Zanzibar (it's lighter) in one spot to get my ginger fix, and 2 sprays of Black Code in another spot for aniseed and light woods. It works for me when I'm in that mood!

LV vetiver with a touch of etro patchouly is a winning combination with my gf

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    i wreckon opium and envy would be good together,
    By accident I stumbled across a pleasant combo of Opium and Silver Mountain Water - I'd worn the Opium (EDP) the day before the SMW, but there were still traces on my sweater. The common blackcurrant note linked them together well.

Not that I'd make a habit of doing this, you understand.

Anyone tried L'eau par Kenzo pour Homme + L'eau D'issey pour Homme here? Interesting results!