Code of Conduct

Default Amouage sent me a nice package of samples...

Gold, Dia, Silver and Ciel.

Dia, Silver and Ciel are OK. Gold is wretched.

Silver was OK, but it seemed way too strong to be called "sporty" on the back of their little info brochure.

Dia is probably the best of the 4 they sent me. (Free, BTW, via emailing them) It's not too unique, but not bad either. Vetivery, ambery, citrusy.

I thought Ciel was good first but I got some on my fingers and it smells like cheap drugstore shit. A bit like something Old Spice would crank out in a "high endurance" deodorant.

I won't even make a comment about Gold. "Wretched" is truly the word.

All in all, I don't get it. Dia and Silver are OK I guess, but you could easily find substitutes for a WHOLE lot less money...Gold and Ciel aren't really worth your time.

Default Re: Amouage sent me a nice package of samples...

Is Amouage going........... Creedy ?????
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    Is Amouage going........... Creedy ?????
    well, none of these stand up to the general quality of Creed IMHO, but Ciel is a bit like ZMP, and Gold is slightly like New Tabarome but not nearly as refined.

I emailed Amouage once a long time ago asking for samples, they told me to go to The Perfume Shop(a Perfume shop in Vancouver) which was close by, but you can't really test a scent at a perfume shop, you need samples.

Gold - got to agree with you on this one, too cloying in a bad way.

Ciel - It's nice but not worth the price tag.

Dia - By far the best Amouage scent but I wouldn't really fork over the big buck for this one right now.

Sliver - it's nice as well but I have to agree with you, it isn't as discribe on the website. I was looking for something fresh and sporty but instead got something more refined that you would wear with a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I emailed Amouage once a long time ago asking for samples, they told me to go to The Perfume Shop(a Perfume shop in Vancouver) which was close by, but you can't really test a scent at a perfume shop, you need samples.

Gold - got to agree with you on this one, too cloying in a bad way.

Ciel - It's nice but not worth the price tag.

Dia - By far the best Amouage scent but I wouldn't really fork over the big buck for this one right now.

Sliver - it's nice as well but I have to agree with you, it isn't as discribe on the website. I was looking for something fresh and sporty but instead got something more refined that you would wear with a suit.
    I agree with all of that. But even though I think Dia is good, it's not for me. It's in the vein of Heritage, a really nice refined scent that is probably best worn by a rich old man. I'm not rich, and I'm not an old man.

There were a couple of samples of the women's versions here. The Gold reminded me of a yolk-rich Nuit de Noel and very grandly conceived, as though no art or culture that influences scent had occured in the past 80 years. The Dia didn't make any particular statement.

Dissuaded me from trying the men's. Going to mail them anyway.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    [quote author=laurent link=1127859472/0#1 date=1127859609]Is Amouage going........... *Creedy ?????
    well, none of these stand up to the general quality of Creed IMHO, but Ciel is a bit like ZMP, and Gold is slightly like New Tabarome but not nearly as refined.[/quote]
    I thought Amouage used the best of the best for their scents as well? *Creed smells simplified compared to the fuller compositions of Amouage. *Longevity isn't an issue either with Amouage. *I agree that Gold is just too much, 200 different raw materials make it impossible to figure out what's in it, Silver is wearable with hints of original gold, and Dia to me compares to like nothing other, IMO, Ciel is very floral, but I think I can pull it off wearing it, although I sometimes have problems smelling that Wild Rose note directly on my skin, makes the scent smell like it's gone off.

I'm biased, Dia is one of my top 5! *[smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
    I walk tall and feel like a million bucks with this scent, I will probably never walk past another person wearing it. *$200 for a 50 ml bottle doesn't seem worth it, not because of the scent, it's worth every penny, but the crystal flacon, and gold plated cap I don't really care about since I stash my scents in a drawer. *Cut the fluff I say, and make it available to the masses!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    [quote author=Ren link=1127859472/0#2 date=1127859879][quote author=laurent link=1127859472/0#1 date=1127859609]Is Amouage going........... Creedy ?????
    well, none of these stand up to the general quality of Creed IMHO, but Ciel is a bit like ZMP, and Gold is slightly like New Tabarome but not nearly as refined.[/quote]
    I thought Amouage used the best of the best for their scents as well? Creed smells simplified compared to the fuller compositions of Amouage. Longevity isn't an issue either with Amouage. I agree that Gold is just too much, 200 different raw materials make it impossible to figure out what's in it, Silver is wearable with hints of original gold, and Dia to me compares to like nothing other, IMO, Ciel is very floral, but I think I can pull it off wearing it, although I sometimes have problems smelling that Wild Rose note directly on my skin, makes the scent smell like it's gone off.

I'm biased, Dia is one of my top 5! [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
    I walk tall and feel like a million bucks with this scent, I will probably never walk past another person wearing it. $200 for a 50 ml bottle doesn't seem worth it, not because of the scent, it's worth every penny, but the crystal flacon, and gold plated cap I don't really care about since I stash my scents in a drawer. Cut the fluff I say, and make it available to the masses![/quote]

To me, it seems like their emphasis is on marketing rather than making perfume. Their slogan "the most valuable perfumes in the world" may be true, but it seems really pretentious to me.

Dia is nice, but none of these 4 would ever work for me.