Code of Conduct

Default Witness by Jacques Bogart

I really like Witness, so of course, it is discontinued. I haven't said much about it as I have been acquiring bottles. I have about 6 bottles now.

I just received a couple of bottles and one of then was apparently for distribution in the EU since it has a sticker on the back listing ingredients (it was also, unfortunately, almost empty). Here is a listing of the ingredients:

Head Notes:
    Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Galbanum, Lavandin, Rosemary, Artemesia

Heart notes:
    Nutmeg, Pimento, Cinammon, Clove, Juniper, Thyme, Cardamon, Celery, Cinnamon leaf, Cumin Cistus, Geranium bourbon, Ylang-ylang from Madagascar

Body notes:
    Patchouli, Plum-tree evernia, Red sandalwood, Cistus-labdanum, Sage, Fir resin, Benzoin, Myrrh, Incense, Peru balsam, Opopanax, Abs. Castoreum, Chive, Musk
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Default Re: Witness by Jacques Bogart

I own and like Witness also.

It's a unique, refreshing scent for me, very versatile and OK longetivity.

It's far from being in my top 5, but I'm glad I have it and enjoy it on the rare occasions I pull it out for a blast.

OK longetivity.
    Yeah, the longevity is just OK. An EdP version would have been really nice - instead they discontinue it. I have been adding tincture of gum benzoin to it to extend the longevity; this helps and adds a bit more vanilla to the basenotes. At the moment I am trying to acquire some good East Indian Sandalwood oil, I think this will blend well with Witness and help the longevity.

It is interesting the number of ingredients that were listed. I thought the EU requirement was just that substances identified as potential allergens had to be list but this seems like they listed everything.

Bogart still exist ??????

I mean dont get me wrong but we were bombarded with bogart in the 80s but today in europe Bogart is just a thing from the past finnished

laurent
    Invisible Power

Witness and the infamous One Man Show are the only Jacques Bogart products that I see in the online stores and Witness will soon be finished.

So, since you are from Europe, are other fragrance bottles now giving complete lists of ingredients like I saw on the Witness bottle?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen View Post
    I really like Witness, so of course, it is discontinued. I haven't said much about it as I have been acquiring bottles. I have about 6 bottles now.

I just received a couple of bottles and one of then was apparently for distribution in the EU since it has a sticker on the back listing ingredients (it was also, unfortunately, almost empty). Here is a listing of the ingredients:

Head Notes:
    Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Galbanum, Lavandin, Rosemary, Artemesia

Heart notes:
    Nutmeg, Pimento, Cinammon, Clove, Juniper, Thyme, Cardamon, Celery, Cinnamon leaf, Cumin Cistus, Geranium bourbon, Ylang-ylang from Madagascar

Body notes:
    Patchouli, Plum-tree evernia, Red sandalwood, Cistus-labdanum, Sage, Fir resin, Benzoin, Myrrh, Incense, Peru balsam, Opopanax, Abs. Castoreum, Chive, Musk
    Reviving this thread since this is the very first time I have seen a listed note in a fragrance coming from the pungent flower bulb (onion) family! Chive in Witness? Who knew. I don't get any pineapple from it thank goodness. Huge labdanum in the drydown... fun juice. Guess it's still being produced since it's easy to find cheap on ebay.

Witness is another of Bogart's scents that I am happy to have in my collection.

That list of notes is something else!

Witness is good stuff, very mature (fougere?) with tons of resinous cinnamon. The longevity is good but not that good for a Bogart (6~8 hours)

AromiErotici

It's like a fistfight broke out on your skin..........with you winning however......

I love Witness. It's yet another forgotten power scent, and from the early 90s too! It smells expensive, so it's amazing how cheap it sells for.

Love the note pyramid. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a listing of notes for Witness, and I'm not surprised if it contains every one of those listed. My god, is there anything not on that list?!
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Great juice. Inexpensive to the point of near embarassment. I bought a half dozen 1.7 oz splash bottles a couple of years ago for under $7.00 each from an online discounter (no longer in business).

Does the EU require notes be listed and not ingredients?
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Dependent

I swapped for my splash bottle and decanted into a cheap plastic atomizer matching Witness' price range. I don't think it smells expensive, but I still like it. Also, I find its longevity to be very good, up to 12 hours. Potency is excellent. I think I'm getting the chive now (applied 9hrs ago). And yes, there is one note not on the list. Leather, thank goodness! Just ordered Eau Fresh, hope I dig it.

Dependent

Eau Fresh is a dihydromyrcenol setting, blech. But I still dig Witness. The pineapple is not that noticeable for those like me who tend to dislike "fruit" notes (as opposed to citrus which I tend to like).