Code of Conduct

Default The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

Ok, I've felt like this for about 6 weeks now, but I'm officially moved from tired of everything in my summer wardrobe to disgusted with my summer wardrobe. Citrus, Citrus, Citrus with some Citrus to take off the aquatic notes that have me yawning. While I've always liked my fall/winter wardrobe exponentially more than my summer (that's true for clothes as well) it's hit that desperate stage all of us get to as I'm pining to douse myself in A*men, Santal Noble, Dzing! and my beloved Piper Nigrum and my wonderful lineup of carnal musk scents. You start truly lusting for scents that you don't use the words, "refereshing, reminiscent of the sea, and cool" in the press release. Please, please, please, cold weather get here!!

Default Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesi

Oh man, I could not agree more.
    Bring on the spices, musk, vanilla, amber, woods and pine. Goodbye lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, and fruit loops.
    Agree about the clothes too....
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I'm dying. I sneaked in some JHL yesterday, and wore HOT Always today. I want to start wearing Amber again. I just have to leave the AC on all day.

Ambre Sultan soon!

I'm with you, Paul. Most of my favorite fragrances are of the heavier, cooler weather variety. I've been bending the rules or sometimes outright breaking them, though, by wearing them in my airconditioned lab, or at night, or right after the rain, or even in the sweltering heat just 'cause. To the naysayers, I reply, "nyah nyah nyah!"

It's finally cooled down here, but in a few short weeks I'll be moving back to California for school where I won't be able to wear them often again for another month or two at least. So I'm getting as much in as I can in the meantime!

~Silk

Tell me about it...This week when I travelled I took 6 different fragrances with me. Bulgari pH, Creed Royal Water, Guerlain Vetiver, Bulgari Black, Hermes Hiris and Chanel Cuir de Russie. I have grown SO tired of the first three by now, and I could not wear CdR as I had just worn it this morning. It is so hard to have to pick and chose within the same old Hadrians and AdPs and Guerlain Aquas and fresh Creeds.

About time to break out the spices and woods and resins and leathers and vanilla. So much more adventure. Enough with the pretty, bring in the exotic.

Sign me up, as much of my wardrobe is better suited for cooler weather. Living in Georgia, this means I don't get to tap my favorites for very long. I'm dying to drape myself in Piper Nigrum, Michael for Men, Santal Noble, Kiehl's Musk, Musc Ravageur, Visit, Cuiron, Dzing!, Chemistry, Ungaro III, Burberry Brit, Gucci pour Homme and Muscs Koublaï Khän. Today was the first inkling of fall, as the air is dry and night time is bringing below 70's weather for the first time.

Hi all,

Paul...I'm with you my friend! Although presently warm durning the day this week here in Maine, the warm weather will be short lived! AUTUMN is not far off! Ooooh...I have a NIB bottle of SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "ACQUA DI CUBA" I have been saving that I am DYING to wear again! I have not worn AdC for MONTHS! I also have a NIB YSL KOURSO, a NIB bottle of YOHJI (as well as a back up bottle of HERITAGE). I also have several one ounce decants of fragrances such as MPG ROUTE DU VETIVER, MPG PARFUM D'HABIT, CREED BOIS DU PORTUGAL, MILLER HARRIS FEUILLES DE TABAC. Of course, I have favorites fragrances such as LV PIPER NIGRUM, LV VETIVER, BANDIT, YATAGAN, DZING (which I use all season), MPG EAU DES ILES, KINGDOM, L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY, GRANDIFLORUM BLOND TABAC, MAZZOLARI PATCHOULI, L'ARTISAN PATCHOULI PATCH, DIPTYQUE L'AUTRE, CREED TABAROME MILLESIME, KNIZE TEN etc. etc. etc. If...if I were to buy ONE fragrance for AUTUMN/FALL/WINTER, it is going to be SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "NOSTALGIA!" However...due to the current state of GASOLINE prices (and EVERYTHING else that will INCREASE in price)...I had just better learn to BE HAPPY/SATISFIED with what I already own! Bring on the AUTUMN!

Regards,
    SixCats!

I've been wearing a lot of cool weather scents all along. I've found that some work very poorly in the heat - Derby, Poivre, Fumerie Turque, Chergui, Piper Nigrum, Envy - but others - Musc Ravageur, Santal Noble, Gucci PH - work just fine. And some scents - Azzaro PH, New York, Paco Rabanne, Chanel PM - work all year around. Then again, it isn't hot here in L.A. like it is in most of the country, and it doesn't really get that cold either. So what do I know?

It is pretty much fall year round where I live. However, I still prefer to separate my wardrobe into summer/winter fragrances. I too am anxious to start off the winter season (at least when it comes to fragrances). I became a member of Basenotes this spring, and I have accumulated a lot of typical winter scents during the summer, like Antaeus, Escada PH, Pi Fraiche etc, and never really worn them. Oh well. I have cheated a little. Tried Angel a couple of days ago. [smiley=smiley.gif]

On the first day of fall I'll wear Cuiron to celebrate.

yes, please, dzing, mechant, datura noir, musc ravageur, royal delight, venezia, romeo, yohji, bois des iles....yes, yes, yes, all calling out to me...trish #9, joop le bain, must, roma donna, nu, patchouli....I'm wairting for you...only 6 more weeks....better get in all my light stuff before it's time for the heavies!

While I like the summer duds (thin shorts, sandals, and no shirt), I don't really care much for heat and with few exceptions the summer stuff is evil so I've been getting way too much repetition. Because of that I jumped the gun a few times, wearing Tabarome, L'Anarchiste, and Zagorsk for example and felt it just made the heat unbearable.

I must get me at least a bottle of Nicolai's Baladin before the cold day's arrive. Oh and maybe some Original Santal while I'm at it. I'm sure I'll have tried the new Dior homme also before winter comes and maybe some L'Instant p.h. extreme too! Oh and the sample of Hot Always I'm trying right now smells like the perfect winter scent too.
    I'll end up broke by the end of the year.

Even if it was summer, during the colder days I wore some winter scents like Opium PH and Fumerie Turque but in small amounth, but now that Fall is facing I look forward to bath [smiley=bath.gif] in all the lustful winter scents: Royal English Leather, M7, Musk Ravageur, Joop, Bois Des Iles, Antaeus... And the beat goes on!!! (the only limit is money endin [smiley=cry.gif]!!!
    Maybe I'll celebrate the 1st day of Fall dousing myself in REL!

I can't wait either. For me it is going to be Acier Aluminum, L'Instant Pour Homme, Dzing! of course and at last, Ambre Extreme, Quorum, Tabac Blond, and a new bottle of Feuilles de Tabac to celebrate the first day of fall. And oh man, I can't wait for the tar and powder and all the drydown of Amen either. Yatagan and Globe, Bel Ami, Santal Imperial, and Visit massage oil.

I've been jumping the gun a bit too. I've been looking forward to fall since mid July.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Count me in w/ this crowd! Cant wait to spritz on some D&G PH & snuggle up in a cozy sweater & jeans!!! I also wear patchouli oil in the fall/winter & I dabbed just a bit on my wrist last night just for fun . I "cheat" occasionally & wear winter scents in the summer...but patchouli is one I reserve for fall/winter, no exceptions!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

My solution is to wear anything I want in the summer especially since most of my time is spent indoors with air conditioning.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    My solution is to wear anything I want in the summer especially since most of my time is spent indoors with air conditioning.
    You have to admit though...there's a difference between wearing a fall fragrance in an air conditioned room, & wearing a fall fragrance while wearing a sweater & jacket, walking outside in the chilly air w/ the sound of fallen leaves crunching beneath your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=AZsmells link=1125622225/15#16 date=1125687600]My solution is to wear anything I want in the summer especially since most of my time is spent indoors with air conditioning.
    You have to admit though...there's a difference between wearing a fall fragrance in an air conditioned room, & wearing a fall fragrance while wearing a sweater & jacket, walking outside in the chilly air w/ the sound of fallen leaves crunching beneath your feet.[/quote]

I agree. A*men during the summer doesn't seem appropriate even if it's indoors with air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie

You have to admit though...there's a difference between wearing a fall fragrance in an air conditioned room, & wearing a fall fragrance while wearing a sweater & jacket, walking outside in the chilly air w/ the sound of fallen leaves crunching beneath your feet.
    I couldn't have said it any better. While air conditioning is one thing, crisp dry fall air is another.

I've been feeling this way for the past week, so I was intermittently using Hermes Poivre Samarcande to satisfy the cravings for spice since it was a light spice with delicate sillage.

Today, I had to bring out something heavier to quell my thirst for heavier notes...I chose three--Vera Wang, Aramis Life, and Boss In Motion. The Boss in Motion won thinking it was a happy medium with citrus/spice/woods/musk, but I was also thinking I was going to pay for it in overly sweet sillage! But all day I just smelled the bright orange notes with the bracing yet warm feeling of the woods and spices which felt oh so good! All day I was waiting to choke on the sweet amber notes but it never happened! I came to the resolve that the woody accords in this frag are heat activated to help keep it a fresh and dry frag to balance the heavier musk notes that gave this frag some body. It was always a warmer citrus musk scent during cooler weather...

WOW, A FRAGRANCE WITH TEMPERATURE CONTROL!!!! I actually appreciate this frag more with this newfound built-in feature! Hehe!

I'm getting ready though to boost my fall wardrobe with some L'Instant, Piper Nigrum, and Amouage. I also want to get some LV Incensi, but I've read that it has very little staying power. Anyone with some insight? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

The scent in which everything clicked on me with seasonal differences was Cristobal Pour Homme. I got the scent in late May and loved it in some testings, found a deal and got it. It was a record warm day and I decided to wear it out that night when it was very humid and sultry....felt more like August than May. I almost choked and the scent made me feel like I had something around my neck that was just radiating. It was like the scent had a mind of it's own and made me feel sick and gave me a headache. It just kept getting stronger and stronger and it became something that cloying and nauseating aren't strong enough to describe. I have to be careful what I wear during the summer. While I'll wear them to bed, the thought of wearing Ambre Extreme or Santal Noble in the middle of summer makes me queasy just thinking about it. Or how about MKK in 90 degree humidity.....yikes!! Air conditioning helps, but there's something to the whole idea of cool outside, a leather jacket, a sweater that just makes these scents go to a completely different realm. Probable psychological, but wearing these scents in the wrong weather leads to possibly having bad associations as they just don't perform like they were meant to to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins
    Bring on the spices, musk, vanilla, amber, woods and pine. Goodbye lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, and fruit loops.
    Amen to that, brother!! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

Paul how can you even smell anything walking outside in the winter in Chicago? When I lived in Chicago I took public transportation everywhere and was always so freaking cold my nose couldn't smell anything and my eyeballs would be frozen.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

The autumnal equinox starts today at 22:14 universal time.

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astr...alEquinox.html

Fall is here!! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Blog Entries

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And cool weather is coming to Kansas starting tomorrow!

M7 and HM work well for me all year 'round. I do save Santos Concentree and A*Men for cooler weather.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Talking Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

This thread from last year has perhaps my favorite thread title ever! I'm just bumping this one back up for our newer members to check out. And for old times' sake.

Ahh, yes...fall is coming. And I can hardly wait!!

Default Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

Ha Ha! Our summer here in L.A. had just begun. The weekend and the rest of the week promises to be in the upper 80's to low 90's. I did not limit my scents to citric/aquatics as today, I"m wearing MPG'S Santal Noble. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I like wearing rich, fall scents even in the summertime. Although, I'm not sure that Bulgari Aqua will work for me in the fall/winter months. Probably not.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

July and August are usually really hot and nice. Last year we had record rainfalls in August. This year the better weather left central Europe at about the end of the football championship. Pretty lousy! I feel like going south with all my summer bottles and not come back until they are empty in ....12 months maybe?
    Coriolan and Piper N can wait under an umbrella, moths, feel free to eat my wool socks in the mean time, I have not had a single sunburn yet! I shall need a lot of roses the coming months, or winter depression will get me!
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd September 2006 at 07:44 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Wow - I read the thread subject and thought "that seems familiar" and then starting reading and had to check the date. Its funny how you remember random things so well, while others are forgotten. Or at least, how easily your memory can be refreshed. Now if only I could find my keys...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    Wow - I read the thread subject and thought "that seems familiar" and then starting reading and had to check the date. Its funny how you remember random things so well, while others are forgotten. Or at least, how easily your memory can be refreshed. Now if only I could find my keys...
    Ha! I too got a bit of de'ja'vu reading the title. It was fun looking over this thread again. Now I'm thinking I should get another bottle of D&G PH for old times' sake . But...now I'm just looking forward to wearing Pi & Lolita Lempicka au Masculin.

I just had my first chilly weekend of the summer here. I've never been happier that it was overcast, cold and drizzling for 2 days. Gucci PH and Must de Cartier were like soul food. Ahhhhh yes let it continue. Plus I'll get to ski.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yes, a cool day here today and I had the first chance to wear - really wear - Relax without fear of what might happen if I overapplied even a little. I'm not a fan of winter, and have always been a little fearful of fall for what it alludes to; but fall has a new meaning for me - time to wear my favorite scents.

Smile Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

Fall and winter in Chicago and I smell very well: Trussardi Umo, Jaipur edp, Bel Ami, Basala, Relax, Black Cashmere,Montale Black Aoud, Bal a Versaille parfum, Nu, Envy... can't wait!

By way of contrast, down here Spring officially started on 1 September the other day. After the longest, dreariest winter I can ever remember, I'm looking forward to bathing in citrus scents ad nauseam as the warm weather approaches.
    Renato

Post Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

I have a feeling this is the first real fall week here in Finland. I love it. Welcome L'Homme Sage, Musk and Vetiver by LV, Musc Ravageur and all the other stunning beauties.

God, do I know what you mean. Just craving for the opportunity to snuggle up with a warm oriental or musk (or both!). All the worse for taking a grand total of two scents with me on my hols - being Creeds SMW & MI - and becoming thoroughly bored of both. I don't know how I could survive with ~3 frags. Alas, the warm weather's still clinging on now I'm home, and I can't possibly take my full wardrobe when I go to uni at the end of the month.

Thumbs up Re: The start of meteorological fall has me jonesing

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanthree
    God, do I know what you mean. Just craving for the opportunity to snuggle up with a warm oriental or musk (or both!)...Alas, the warm weather's still clinging on...
    I totally agree, LT3. It's still VERY hot here in So. Cal. I really can't wait for the cooler fall weather, so I can start dousing myself with:

Bois du Portugal
    Gucci pour Homme
    Zino
    John Varvatos
    A*Men
    B*Men
    Burberry Brit
    Dolce & Gabanna pour Homme
    Envy
    Egoiste
    Rochas Man
    Very Irresisitible
    Dior Homme
    Vintage Tabarome
    M7
    etc., etc.

For me it is going to be Acier Aluminum

....Oh you bet.....and Ambre Cannelle......

Awesome.....

Had a wonderfully cool misty morning, so out came the Arabie after a long hiatus..........What a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    I agree. A*men during the summer doesn't seem appropriate even if it's indoors with air conditioning.
    Boy, a lot has changed since I wrote this a year ago...because I wore A*men a lot during the past couple months. While I do think that any scent can be worn in any weather, I admit it feels different when you're wearing a wool vest/coat as opposed to sandals/shorts/tank top.

Thank goodness for the fall weather. Now, if it would only hurry up and RAIN already so we can put out these damn FIRES that have burned so many acres and destroyed so many homes where I live in San Diego County!!!

I miss the cold weather, actually; first in a long time. Frankly, however, I'll go for a few days of rain given the INSANE fires we're having around here. What the hell is going on around here? Get out in the morning with ash all over my car? Good grief. That said, I get to dust off my jackets since I'll be staying in Denver over the weekend. Too bad I couldn't get rockies tickets!

As soon as it gets cold, whenever that may be, I look forward to using my CC X more.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Ha Ha Ha....I laughed when I read this thread (Even though it started in 2005)....I heard the hammer hit the nail real hard...LOL. I get so tired of things quickly so this thread struck a cord...I especially snickered when I saw the liking of Fall/Winter clothes wardrobe as well. When I was in the apple at the end of August there were a few days of cool weather. I was shocked when I saw turtleneck sweaters, leather jackets, boots and scarves come flying out on everyone-especially the asian etnicity (Please no offence here). Now here is me with a T-shirt, flip flops and shorts on feeling really out of place..LOL. I thought these folks can't wait to wear their fall gear...gracious.

Anyway back on topic......I also do enjoy the heavier, weighty fragrances in my collection-My cool/damp weather starts in December. I can't wait to wear JHL, Havana and this body oil which always gets rave reviews and I love traveling overseas in the fall/winter so I can flog these fragrances.....

Fragrance On,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 24th October 2007 at 01:11 PM.

i have already pulled out the varvatos, cuiron, santana, egoiste, allure and musk baby....fall is here in louisiana...it was 49 this morning(IN LOUISIANA!)

Can;t wait to get warm and cozy with Sables.