Code of Conduct

Default unisex fragrances

which unisex fragrances do you like?

Default Re: unisex fragrances

Mugler Cologne is nice but a little too soapy for me.

I really like Bulgari Black too that's also listed as unisex. Quite masculine to my nose so I'd consider this one a quite "daring" fragrance for females. Sure would require a lot of self-confidence I think.

I recently picked up Daim Blonde, Santal Blanc and Un Bois Vanille (not officially unisex but who cares)
    Also, I enjoy NEW HAARLEM, Chinatown, Hamptons, Millisime Imperial, Vetiver Tonka

Also, I received a big compliment today that made me blush....I was wearing my new Daim Blonde!

Blog Entries

Well...this one is kind of hard for me to answer...given that I'm a female who wears mens' colognes, lol. I don't wear anything that smells extremely masculine (Aramis comes to mind), & I like sweeter colognes like Burberry London/Brit, D&H PH, & Perry Ellis Reserve. I also like fresh & crisp colognes like Clinique Happy, Creed OV, and KC Reaction. To me, I think all of these could be CONSIDERED unisex, even if they aren't marketed as such.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Cologne Junkie you forgot your favorite CK Be ! this is the only Unisex in my
    wardrobe. Leau Par Kenzo although it says male smells rather feminine to me.
    I have Aqua De Loewe on the way, let;s see how feminine that will be.

Gotham

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City
    Cologne Junkie you forgot your favorite CK Be ! this is the only Unisex in my
    wardrobe. Leau Par Kenzo although it says male smells rather feminine to me.
    I have Aqua De Loewe on the way, let;s see how feminine that will be.

Gotham
    Hehehe, don't worry, I didn't forget. Instead of naming my favorite unisex frags for this thread (which, in case anyone is wondering, are CK be, SMW, MI, & an honorable mention to CK1) I named some frags which I think could be labeled as unisex, even if they aren't marketed as such.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

My GF and I wears Agua de Loewe, a fresh citrus scent with green tea notes and a smooth sandalwood base. Perfect for everyday wearing.

John

SMW is technically unisex and I'm a HUGE fan of that one.

And to the disapproval of many BN'ers, I really like CK One and CK Be.

Comme des Garçons Palisander
    Comme des Garçons Sequoia
    Comme des Garçons 3
    L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer
    Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum
    Mugler Cologne

I really dig on:

4711 Echt Kolnisch Wasser (if I'm spelling that right). *I've said it before, I'll say it again: *like sitting in the shade of a lemon tree on a hot, dry summer afternoon. *As with all the Eaux de etc. though, pretty light in the longevity dept.

Eau d' Orange Verte. *Favorite unisex. *Fruity, orangey goodness! *Yet, alas -- see above.

Lord Ashley Cooper. *Kind of a semi-sweet tobaccoey, vanillaish thing going on. *Sillage smells like that Burt's Bees lotion that smells like carrot cake. *Yummy stuff!

ckBe - though it has no duration on my skin
    Mugler's Cologne - pleasantly green soapiness and when layered over A*Men, makes it wearable for me
    Musc Ravageur - my all time favorite scent that is easily worn by anyone

Those are the favorites in my personal collection. Agau de Lowe is nice, but I prefer my Yang for green tea since I love the spicy aspects of it.

When I think of Bvlgari Black, NASCAR instantly pops into mind because of the burnt rubber I get from it. I could see Trinity and Neo sharing a bottle.

The new Montale Chypre-Fruit fragrance is listed as feminine ... but I find it very wearable as a man. Excellent frag! Definitely worth sampling.

Passage D'Enfer
    CDG incence series
    Eau Cartier Concentrée

D'Orsay's Arome 3 and Etiquette Bleue. Many, in fact probably almost all, of the CdG insense series, but especially Kyoto and Zagorsk. I also love Acqua di Parma, which is marketed as a unisex frag, although I tend to think of it as a perfume for blokes. And 4711 of course.

Oh man - I have and love several that I would consider unisex. Lots of good suggestions already, but I'll cast votes for the following:

Costes
    Etro...several....Sandalo...Patchouly...Mahogany.. .Etra
    L'Artisan Santal
    Comme des Garcons

Eau de Cartier,the original and the concentree version too.They seem to be more appropriate for men than for women,according to my nose!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I'll vote for Hypnotic Poison. I know it's not marketed as a unisex, but to me that doesn't matter. To me, this is a warm inviting fragrance that is also very uplifting. It lasts a while too.
    Last edited by Doc.T 1977; 13th August 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Silver Mountian Water

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.T 1977 View Post
    I'll vote for Hypnotic Poison. I know it's not marketed as a unisex, but to me that doesn't matter. To me, this is a warm inviting fragrance that is also very uplifting. It lasts a while too.
    Definitely. You'll find a lot of "unisex" perfumes are marketed as "female" scents; the reason being that more women wear perfume, then men wear cologne. Sales for women's fragrances are higher than men's, so if you market something as female-oriented, you're going to see increased sales.

Here's what I dig:

Gendarme Sky
    Un Jardin series (all three!)
    Domenico Caraceni 1913 (I don't see it being unisex. but it apparently is?)
    Menthe Fraiche, by Heeley

Some more not unisex but could be frags I enjoy:

Prada Infusion d'Iris (marketed to women)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (marketed to men)
    V&R Antidote (marketed to men)
    Montale White Musk (marketed to women, but dang sexy when I wear it)
    Douce Amere (marketed to women)

and a true unisex that I really enjoy so far after a few times sampling(although I'd say it is a tad bit more feminine than masculine)

Les Nez: The Unicorn Spell

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Some more not unisex but could be frags I enjoy:

V&R Antidote (marketed to men)
    Oh no, I poisoned you when I sent you the "antidote"! Haha just kidding. I'm glad it works well on you at least! Hey, was that mystery sample you sent me a long time ago actually L'Anarchiste?

I really like Dalimix. Me and my tenant bought a bottle of Dalimix together. We were supposed to share it, but she fell in love with it so much I can hardly snag any for myself.

The Basenotes reviews are not very favorable, i.e. too fruity, poor longevity. But on my skin, I experience only a brief fruity smell that dries to a wonderfully sexy and masculine musky base. Also, aside from Tiffany for men, Dalimix is probably the longest lasting edt I own.

Methinks I need to buy a bottle just for myself...

We also share a bottle of Bulgari Red Tea, and it is completely different on her skin than on mine. On her, it is a spicy fragrance combined of red tea & red pepper. On me, it dries down to something very suede-like. (Even though there is no suede or leather notes in the fragrance.)
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 13th August 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.