Code of Conduct

Default what do GAY/BISEXUAL basenoters wear

what do gay/bisexual basenoters hear wear?

i wear bulgari aqua and brit by burberry
    i love it

www.jason.fil.ph <----- check my pics out

Default Re: what do GAY/BISEXUAL basenoters wear

i also love claiborne sport

RTbar

stupid post

Great way to break down the walls of inequality, and help eliminate any possible generalizations and stereotypes!!!

Gay people like and wear what straight people like and wear.

NO NO NO NO NO.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    Great way to break down the walls of inequality, and help eliminate any possible generalizations and stereotypes!!!

Gay people like and wear what straight people like and wear.

Indeed.

But since I'm gay I figure I might as well answer the question. I like orientals, citrus and florals. My top 5 are HM, Happy, Silver Mountain Water, and the other 2 are constantly changing. As far as mass market goes, I like CDG2, John Varvatos, and Sung Paradise. For niche, I like L'Artisan Voleur de Rose, MPG Baime, MPG Centaure, SMN Nostalgia, CSP L'eau du Goveurneur.

Wow. I've been away for awhile, I come back eager to re-immerse myself in thoughtful discourse about fragrances, and am greeted with this stupidity.

Don't get me wrong: I don't dislike gay or bisexual people, just stupid self-excluding ones. Grow up.

geez guys. take it easy.

there are people with many different backgrounds here. i'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. how about pointing out the error of his ways nicely first?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    geez guys. take it easy.

there are people with many different backgrounds here. i'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. how about pointing out the error of his ways nicely first?
    Yeah, I think a lot of the posts in this thread are really overreacting.

Perhaps he's just looking for some gay pheromones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    [quote author=liquid link=1127349826/0#7 date=1127355329]geez guys. take it easy.

[/quote]

I think so too...

He was just asking an honest question that needs straight answers. Maybe he was trying to know if there are differences in the preferences of gay and straight people. There's nothing wrong with that... IMHO.

Just my 2 cents....

John

Quote Originally Posted by MacCOOL
    [quote author=Ren link=1127349826/0#8 date=1127355769][quote author=liquid link=1127349826/0#7 date=1127355329]geez guys. take it easy.

[/quote]

I think so too...

He was just asking an honest question that needs straight answers. Maybe he was trying to know if there are differences in the preferences of gay and straight people. There's nothing wrong with that... IMHO.

Just my 2 cents....

John

[/quote]

I don't there's anything wrong with that either. He asked what gay BN'ers like to wear, I gave my answer.

I've never thought of the sexual orientation of the general population here, but if I had to guess, the demographics here would be educated, well to do straight men. And because most of my favorites are well liked around here, that means there aren't too many distinctions in our noses.

Can`t say about myself, but some of my friends are gay.
    They wear all the same frags - as I could remember: L`Eau par Kenzo pour homme, Bvlgary pour homme, Acqua di Gio, Ambre Precieux MPG... Sounds true to me - as there`s no gay fragrance shops...

I only met one person with quite refined taste inclined towards selective frags.
    He wore very rare things as REN Cologne 04, Norma Kamali Perfume and Incense layered, and a lot of others...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

i'm just sayin that ppl come from all kinds of different angles, places, and stages in life. and as long as you can tell that they don't mean any harm or injury in an innocent comment (which i think fits the OP), then maybe we can cut them some slack. people aren't often just naturally enlightened ya know.

anyway, just my 2c.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My question is why does it matter what gay people wear? I think they have the same likes and dislikes as straight people when it comes to scents. This thread seems to be more like who here is gay? I don't see any threads like what do straight/lesbian/indian/black/white/mexican/etc Basenoters wear?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Excuse me while I stay the hell out of this thread!

(covers head with hands and runs quickly out of the room)

If there's any negative reaction or overreaction here to this question it's because IT'S BEEN DONE. I can think of at LEAST 3 threads like this one in the past, and nothing good of it has ever come of them.

I don't think people meant to be rude. It's just that some of us that have been around for a while saw the thread and went "Oh no....not again..." in the same vein as seeing yet another post like "what scents pulls the ladies?"

You can only beat a dead horse for so long. At first it may be interesting, then it becomes really, really tedius.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    My question is why does it matter what gay people wear? I think they have the same likes and dislikes as straight people when it comes to scents. This thread seems to be more like who here is gay? I don't see any threads like what do straight/lesbian/indian/black/white/mexican/etc Basenoters wear?

Why do we make things more complicated that it is? He was merely asking for some preferences of gay people... if it does exist. He himself mentioned his fav scents and of course any non gay person could answer his question merely by stating some gay friend's/officemate's preferences in perfume. This is not a witch hunt for gay people. His post was an innocent question and that's all there is to it.... nothing else.

People here are overreacting....

John

Hm, as for whether Gay or Straight men wear different fragrances, I can't imagine there being any sort of correlation, but this thread has made me think of something, regarding a friend of mine. We were talking about fragrances and he told me that he really wants to find a fragrance to wear, and maybe will I go shopping with him one day for one. Anyways, this started me thinking about a fragrance that would suit him, I know nothing about what he especially likes, but I can sort of imagine him liking something light, earthy, sort of simple, 'cause that's the kind of guy he is. But also, it just occurred to me that a lot of people wear fragrances in the hopes of attracting potential mates. This isn't personally why I wear fragrances, but now I am sort of wondering if maybe he would like to wear something that is alluring to the same sex -- because he's gay, and just from the signals he's been sending, he is very lonely and looking for a nice guy. So, anyways -- uhh, don't flame me, but if there are any gay men who find particular fragrances sexy, I suppose I would be curious to know which ones. Although honestly, now that I think of it, I am probably more into the idea of finding a fragrance for this guy, than he is himself! Hm, anybody else just love picking out scents for people?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    Hm, as for whether Gay or Straight men wear different fragrances, I can't imagine there being any sort of correlation, but this thread has made me think of something, regarding a friend of mine. We were talking about fragrances and he told me that he really wants to find a fragrance to wear, and maybe will I go shopping with him one day for one. Anyways, this started me thinking about a fragrance that would suit him, I know nothing about what he especially likes, but I can sort of imagine him liking something light, earthy, sort of simple, 'cause that's the kind of guy he is. But also, it just occurred to me that a lot of people wear fragrances in the hopes of attracting potential mates. This isn't personally why I wear fragrances, but now I am sort of wondering if maybe he would like to wear something that is alluring to the same sex -- because he's gay, and just from the signals he's been sending, he is very lonely and looking for a nice guy. So, anyways -- uhh, don't flame me, but if there are any gay men who find particular fragrances sexy, I suppose I would be curious to know which ones. Although honestly, now that I think of it, I am probably more into the idea of finding a fragrance for this guy, than he is himself! Hm, anybody else just love picking out scents for people?

Now, this is the best post I've read so far!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Excuse me while I stay the hell out of this thread!

(covers head with hands and runs quickly out of the room)
    I'm with you, buddy, i'm staying out of this one too!! [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

,....But also, it just occurred to me that a lot of people wear fragrances in the hopes of attracting potential mates. This isn't personally why I wear fragrances, but now I am sort of wondering if maybe he would like to wear something that is alluring to the same sex -- because he's gay, .......
    , but if there are any gay men who find particular fragrances sexy, I suppose I would be curious to know which ones. *
    this is an interesting point, i mean we know already from previous threads what fragrances are used to seduce the opposite sex,...the curious question now what fragrances are used to seduce the same sex???

I am asexual, and I really don't think there is any real correlation between sexual preference and fragrance.

I personally am not offended by this thread. However, to some this question may sound just as ridiculous as "What do gay/bisexual people EAT?"

First of all, i would like to apologize if anyone who was offended by my post.
    I was not intended to belittle or seclude anyone or any gender in particular.
    I was a question raised based on curiosity.. simply asking if there are fragrances that seem to be more appealing to gay men.. The point of contention is.. Gay men being open to a wider and stronger sense of sexuality and sensuality have a wider range of fragrances to choose from... Some staright men may be afraid to wear mens fragrances that are labelled too feminine.. i assume that this is not the case for gay men... if they like the scent they wear it .. even if it is labelled as slightly or too feminine...

Again I apologize... it was not a stupid question on the contarray it was a question that required the utmost understanding

Quote Originally Posted by docjason
    I was a question raised based on curiosity.. simply asking if there are fragrances that seem to be more appealing to gay men.. The point of contention is.. Gay men being open to a wider and stronger sense of sexuality and sensuality have a wider range of fragrances to choose from... Some staright men may be afraid to wear mens fragrances that are labelled too feminine.. i assume that this is not the case for gay men... if they like the scent they wear it .. even if it is labelled as slightly or too feminine...

Again I apologize... it was not a stupid question on the contarray it was a question that required the utmost understanding
    Many average straight men may not be willing to wear "feminine" scents. But this is Basenotes. Many of us even wear women's perfume. Don't feel bad about this post. It was just a misunderstanding.

Use the word gay in a thread and all us members go into political auto-pilot mode.

I wear what most straights (at least in this community) wear, I guess. I favour orientals, musks and leathers. Right now I'm wearing a lot of Musc Ravageur and Dzing!

thanks for understanding concord

.. Some staright men may be afraid to wear mens fragrances that are labelled too feminine.. i assume that this is not the case for gay men... if they like the scent they wear it .. even if it is labelled as slightly or too feminine...

Well, I'm sure that there are lot's of straight guys that are NOT afraid to wear womens fragrances. In my case; I'm straight and I don't like to wear womens fragrances.(so you may be right after all,lol!) simply cause I don't like most of them . I do wear some niche ones though and most of em are unisex. (Creed, MPG f.e.). So : yes I'm straight and no, I don't wear womens fragrances. I'm I afraid to wear them? probably, but I'm sure SOME straight men DO wear womens fragrance. [smiley=wink.gif]

cheers, eric

This whole thing peeves me a little bit because...jeez, what's the big deal, and what's the harm in asking. I'm sure that some of you buck the trends and wear Chanel #5- still, it is a scent made for and marketed to women. Same with Gaultier's Le Male being marketed to his "semi-fictitious-gay-fantasy market" Come on guys, disregarding the actual product of Le Male- look at the advertising of Le Male. There is a huge homo-erotic component to it. There is no debating it. Obviously at the end of the day we all wear what we like, regardless of all other factors. But people who deny that stereotypes are very much grounded in reality are living in a fantasy world. Just because there are exceptions to every rule doesn't mean that the stereotypes are rendered completely invalid. When i bartend at the hotel and we have black family reunions...guess what we run out of? yes, we run out of Hennessy and Courvoisier. Excuse me for noticing but the proof is in the liquor log. This week we had a bunch of southerners and as i predicted we would sell out of Coors lite. That's not to say that every black guest prefers Cognac and no white person ever drinks it- but why are people so jittery around numbers. This is reality, and yet as such we need to be able to look at such things without putting a value judgment on it. If I happen to take notice that we have sold a ridiculous amount of chicken wings during a black family reunion- why do people have to act like that's some kind of abhorration to notice it. So what? I'll tell you what. Get five hundred people of with ANY common condition together and they will exhibit similar patterns of behavior and preferences. And then get the same five hundred people and interview each one individually and you will get five hundred completely different life stories.

I think people are getting too defensive about this whole thing. I know a lot of the members on here are gay and they don't have tastes that differ much from the straight basenoters. But if everything is the same, why are there gay TV channels now? Who do you think buys Newports and Kool cigarettes. Yes, i can haul my white ass into a convenience store and buy some Kools and think I'm disproving a stereotype, but the numbers don't line up that way. I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I know its a dead horse to alot of us here, but I think a newbie is well within his rights to ask questions. I'm a fan of Socrates, and I don't think there is such a thing as a bad question. All questions are valid. Don't crucify someone for asking. And don't always assume that because a person asks a question that involves potentially sensitive issues that they are trying to stir up trouble or offend. Its a big universe, there are no real rules, besides physics. The human mind is inquisitive. It wants to know and sometimes it asks dodgy questions with real sincerity, hoping to flush out the truth. We all do it.

aww!

I'm gay, and here are some fragrances I find mucho sexy.

Clinique Happy
    Creed SMW
    L'Artisan Voleur de Rose
    Polo Black
    John Varvatos

.......and anything patchouli overload makes me want to.....um.....I'd better leave that one open ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    If there's any negative reaction or overreaction here to this question it's because IT'S BEEN DONE. I can think of at LEAST 3 threads like this one in the past, and nothing good of it has ever come of them.
    I agree. Actually, I think there's been more than 3 threads about this one and none of them ended nicely.

Truth is, the only ones who can answer his original question accurately are gay/bisexuals. Quite frankly, I'm not offended by posts like this because I'm straight. But I might be if I were gay. If even a few are offended by this, it's going to go way beyond the usual "I HATE/LOVE AdG!" type of argument. If nothing else, but for the stereotyping.

I'm not saying topics like this shouldn't be posted ... but you're all but GUARANTEED you're going to offend a few, and start arguments with this one.

I don't think people meant to be rude. It's just that some of us that have been around for a while saw the thread and went "Oh no....not again..." in the same vein as seeing yet another post like "what scents pulls the ladies?"

You can only beat a dead horse for so long. At first it may be interesting, then it becomes really, really tedius.
    But every thread has been done here, yet you don't get people overeacting over the umpteenth discussion about the virtues of Guerlain, do you?

I guess what the poster really meant to ask was a question about are there any specifically Gay-iconic fragrances?

And why people should feel afraid of being labelled? Answering a thread is not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    [quote author=Ballardbeau link=1127349826/15#15 date=1127362831]

But every thread has been done here, yet you don't get people overeacting over the umpteenth discussion about the virtues of Guerlain, do you?
    Because a fragrance doesn't get offended. *People do.

When i first glanced at the topic of this thread, i thought to myself "not this crap again". Then i reread the thread and it stated "what do gay/bisexual basenoters wear?" NOT what scents are gay or what scents to "gays" like. He was asking a legitimate question saying "if you are gay, what fragrances do you like to wear". A totally different question than the 2 i just mentioned.

As a side topic, alot of people might assume that gay men would like scents that are very floral or scents that are marketed to women. I have NEVER met a gay person or even seen a thread here on basenotes where a gay man says he likes florals or wears womens perfume. I have a gay friend and he wears Aqua di gio, elizabeth taylor passion, kenneth cole reaction, etc etc etc. I, a straight white male, love florals and wear mostly womens scents because they ARE floral whereas mens very rarely are. I like quelqes fleurs, agent provocateur, anais anais (i used to wear that, i have since decided its a tad bit to girly for me to continue to wear. [smiley=sad.gif] I wear a lot of mens scents too but florals are my real love. My gay friend thinks i am absolutely crazy for wearing womens scents and teases me about coming over to the "other side". LOL!!!!!!
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    There is a huge homo-erotic component to it. *There is no debating it. *Obviously at the end of the day we all wear what we like, regardless of all other factors. * But people who deny that stereotypes are very much grounded in reality are living in a fantasy world. *Just because there are exceptions to every rule doesn't mean that the stereotypes are rendered completely invalid.
    How true about the marketing, and I agree. That is why I was suggesting that the poster, maybe, was merely looking for some sub-cultural hint.

On the other hand we have to realize that while stereotypes might be grounded on an average reality, individual reality is never grounded exclusively on stereotype. Stereotype comes in handy, individually, only for role playing. I'm positive this is not what our 24/7 inner reality is about, ever, regardless of our sexual preference.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=Leo link=1127349826/30#31 date=1127383999][quote author=Ballardbeau link=1127349826/15#15 date=1127362831]

Because a fragrance doesn't get offended. *People do.[/quote]

Exactly my point. The negative response was not motivated by the thread having been done already.

Oh good lord! I believe he was talking to me! ! !

I like way too many things to list, but my current favorite is Rodier pour Homme (the newest one) and I love sweeter scents and gourmands with good sillage. Also don't mind wearing women's scents or for that matter roomsprays. I also love florals but have problems crossing this line due to my own issues with masuclinity.

Some of us are so far beyond worrying about our sexuality that posts like these are in no way offensive. Really. I'm not offended and I'm gay. I really appreciate the fact that so many of you wonderful folks are worried about protecting other peoples' feelings, but as you can see, many of the responses from gay folk and comfortable-about-their-identity-metrosexuals have been quite thoughtful and tame. What's more offensive are rude responses, inabilities to thoughtfully communicate, and impatience.

cheers!
    marlen

The point of contention is.. Gay men being open to a wider and stronger sense of sexuality and sensuality have a wider range of fragrances to choose from...
    Oh let the stereotypes at home buddy, come on, don't be so prejudiced, or do you want to deny my extreemly wide range of heterosexual sexuality and sensuality?
    I know only 5 male gays a bit better and only two of them so good that I'd call them friends but what I can tell you is that their sense of sensuality isn't wider than that of straight guys I know. Also they aren't more empathically gifted or blessed with a talent for the arts than others. You can spend your whole day with them and don't get any idea of their sexual orientation.
    And of course they aren't acting like the everyday cliché queen you see fruit looping around every TV channel these days...ok... one of them actually does ... and admitted: if I'd go to Cologne, I'd see a lot more of those cliché gays.
    But the point is, that in my opinion this is also just learned, adopted and acquired behaviour like soo many of our attititues - of course I don't mean that the attraction to the same sex is learned and adopted, only the ways of dealing with it. For example: In those areas and times of history when homosexuality was perfectly accepted and regarded as normal and so no one cared about the sexual orientation of others or saw something special in it, there was no reason at all for gays to behave any special and so they didn't (I think all gay greek or spartan warriors of the old will agree with me )

Oh my god, I am drifting away from the thread, so to make it short: I just called a gay friend and asked him if he wearsany special or even female perfumes. He answered with a friendly conterquestion: "what are you, deficent?

excursion:
    To see how much our environment influences our behaviour and how much our behaviour influences our environment, we just have to look at this typical picture: A father standing with his little son and daugter in the ocean surf. Everytime a wave comes, he's holding his left hand against the boy's back so that he may make a stand against the wave. With his right hand though, he elevates his daughter so that she doesn't have to encounter the full force of the water.

And while I am at such a flow of writing, my favourite cliché is the myth of feminine intuition:
    I mean, I don't even have to know all those women who have chosen a total idiot or dickhead as boyfriend or husband to just know that women can't be the intuitive gifted gender!

[quote author=ziffy321 link=1127349826/30#32 date=1127384306][quote author=Leo link=1127349826/30#31 date=1127383999][quote author=Ballardbeau link=1127349826/15#15 date=1127362831]
    Exactly my point. The negative response was not motivated by the thread having been done already.
    [/quote]

Huh?

No one said it was motivated by having been done. It was motivated by the topic. And by past history ... has always started controversy.

OK, I must have misunderstood the following. And I lose, because it was no biggie in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemerlin
    [quote author=docjason link=1127349826/15#23 date=1127367822]The point of contention is.. Gay men being open to a wider and stronger sense of sexuality and sensuality have a wider range of fragrances to choose from...
    Oh let the stereotypes at home buddy, come on, don't be so prejudiced, or do you want to deny my extreemly wide range of heterosexual sexuality and sensuality?
    I know only 5 male gays a bit better and only two of them so good that I'd call them friends but what I can tell you is that their sense of sensuality isn't wider than that of any other guy around. Also they aren't more empathically gifted or blessed with a talent for the arts than others. You can spend your whole day with them and don't get any idea of their sexual orientation.
    And of course they aren't acting like the everyday cliché queen you see fruit looping around every TV channel these days...ok... one of them actually does ... and admitted: if I'd go to Cologne, I'd see a lot more of those cliché gays.
    But the point is, that in my opinion this is also just learned, adopted and acquired behaviour like soo many of our attititues - of course I don't mean that the attraction to the same sex is learned and adopted, only the ways of dealing with it. For example: In those areas and times of history when homosexuality was perfectly accepted and regarded as normal and so no one cared about the sexual orientation of others or saw something special in it, there was no reason at all for gays to behave any special and so they didn't (I think all gay greek or spartan warriors of the old will agree with me )

Oh my god, I am drifting away from the thread, so to make it short: I just called a gay friend and asked him if he wearsany special or even female perfumes. He answered with a friendly conterquestion: "what are you, deficent?

excursion:
    To see how much our environment influences our behaviour and how much our behaviour influences our environment, we just have to look at this typical picture: A father standing with his little son and daugter in the ocean surf. Everytime a wave comes, he's holding his left hand against the boy's back so that he may make a stand against the wave. With his right hand though, he elevates his daughter so that she doesn't have to encounter the full force of the water.

And while I am at such a flow of writing, my favourite cliché is the myth of feminine intuition:
    I mean, I don't even have to know all those women who have chosen a total idiot or dickhead as boyfriend or husband to just know that women can't be the intuitive gifted gender!
    [/quote]

I agree 100%

This thread was BUILT on stereotypes. We aren't trying to protect your feelings, Marlen. I, for one, was just trying to keep the discussion intelligent. Gay people have a stronger sense of sexuality? Wtf is that? I actually find that offensive.

This isn’t about protecting anyone’s feelings; it’s about keeping the discussion on topic and intelligent.

- sorry, false entry

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Oh good lord! I believe he was talking to me! ! !

I like way too many things to list, but my current favorite is Rodier pour Homme (the newest one) and I love sweeter scents and gourmands with good sillage. Also don't mind wearing women's scents or for that matter roomsprays. I also love florals but have problems crossing this line due to my own issues with masuclinity.

Some of us are so far beyond worrying about our sexuality that posts like these are in no way offensive. Really. I'm not offended and I'm gay. I really appreciate the fact that so many of you wonderful folks are worried about protecting other peoples' feelings, but as you can see, many of the responses from gay folk and comfortable-about-their-identity-metrosexuals have been quite thoughtful and tame. What's more offensive are rude responses, inabilities to thoughtfully communicate, and impatience.

cheers!
    marlen

I feel the exact same way. I'm gay, I'm not offended. I demonstrated earlier in this thread that my tastes are very similar to the straight BN'ers.

I could give a long speech about how I think the gay stereotype can often be a good thing, but I won't do that.

OK, I must have misunderstood the following. And I lose, because it was no biggie in the first place.

Leo, there's no winners or losers here, because it's all just personal opinion. I took what Ballard was saying as "the thread has been done before, and has always ended up either offending someone, or with a big argument". I thought he was just pointing out that the subject opens up a can of worms ... regardless of whether it's been done before. It's just past experience with this subject. Some of the newer members here haven't seen those past posts, so the fact that it's been done before wouldn't apply to them anyway.

Bottom line is, it's a controversial subject to some who feel they are being stereotyped.I mean ... how long do you think this thread would go if the subject line was:
    WHAT FRAGRANCES DO PRO-ABORTION PEOPLE LIKE TO WEAR?

Again, there's no right or wrong opinion about abortion ... but a thread like that will stir up peoples emotions, where the actual question ... about a fragrance ... will get lost. I felt the same way about this subject.

But again, there's no right or wrong here. It's all bout' opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    I could give a long speech about how I think the gay stereotype can often be a good thing, but I won't do that.
    If you could find the time, I'd be interested to read it (only way to learn for me is through interaction with others and I think your speech could be an enrichment and a possibility to rethink and review my own thoughts).
    I also hope that I did't give the impression that I had something against the gay stereotype, I find most of them to be good company.
    And let me say one thing:
    When I am taking the subway at 1 am it's not some happy gays that I am afraid to encounter
    (actually I don't use public transportation at all on days with soccer matches)

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Leo, there's no winners or losers here, because it's all just personal opinion. *I took what Ballard was saying as "the thread has been done before, and has always ended up either offending someone, or with a big argument". *
    You probably got that right. I misunderstood it as meaning "it's all been done before, period". About the thread in general: I feel a lot of people here have said interesting things, and maybe the only way to debunk stereotypes or help people realize what they are is just not be afraid to address them in the open. So, all in all, I think this thread turned out to be some kind of small blessing in its own right.

OK, I'm a little late, this is LOCKED