Code of Conduct

Default Need advice on autumn creed

Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice on a Creed scent for the autumn months.
    I currently have MI (my first creed, fell in love with it immediatly. Possibly my favourite scent ever) and Green Irish. I enjoy MI any time at any point, and I liked wearing GIT through the spring and summer months, however I can't really see it suiting autumn.

I will of course test and find something I like, but I was wondering if any of you have had good experiences wearing anything in particular over the fall.

Thanks

jIm

Default Re: Need advice on autumn creed

Don't see a problem with GIT myself.

My recommendations would be Bois du Portugal and Tabarome Millesime.

I'd recommend Original Tabarome.

I also think OV is a great "change of seasons" frag (fall/spring), but most like it for just spring.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote would be for BdP!

It's one of the best scents ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Bois du Portugal whenever. Tabarome Millesime for me this fall, with some help from Santal Imperial. On colder days I'll leech into Acier Aluminum and want a little bit of Royal English leather. I'll try to scatter some Cuir de Russie and Vetiver (1948 version) into that mix too.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I agree Vintage Tabarome and BdP are great suggestions. If you find those a bit too heavy, then I'd recommend Tabarome Millesime. It will be a bit more familiar to some one that enjoys MI and GIT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I vote for OV just 'cause it's such a clean, classy scent that I think is perfect for any weather. I plan on wearing mine on into fall.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

My vote for Vetiver 1948. Classy and elegant, signature scent of John F. Kennedy and so much more ....
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I vote for OV just 'cause it's such a clean, classy scent that I think is perfect for any weather. I plan on wearing mine on into fall.

I don't know; if he had concerns over GIT in the autumn, then OV might be a bit too light and fresh for him. I don't like seasonal rules or absolutes in fragrance, but OV is definitely a warmer weather 'geared' fragrance.

Himalaya, versatile and classy.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I wore Himalaya to work today and got several compliments from co-workers that I work closely with----it really doesn't have a season but works well in all of them.

My vote would be:

BdP
    Vint. Tabarome
    OV

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    [quote author=CologneJunkie link=1127318898/0#6 date=1127324889]I vote for OV just 'cause it's such a clean, classy scent that I think is perfect for any weather. *I plan on wearing mine on into fall.

I don't know; if he had concerns over GIT in the autumn, then OV might be a bit too light and fresh for him. I don't like seasonal rules or absolutes in fragrance, but OV is definitely a warmer weather 'geared' fragrance. [/quote]

To my nose, OV smells like a good quality soap. And soap never goes out of season
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Tabarome millisime & SMW
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=IPaidForThisName link=1127318898/0#8 date=1127328260][quote author=CologneJunkie link=1127318898/0#6 date=1127324889]I vote for OV just 'cause it's such a clean, classy scent that I think is perfect for any weather. I plan on wearing mine on into fall.

I don't know; if he had concerns over GIT in the autumn, then OV might be a bit too light and fresh for him. I don't like seasonal rules or absolutes in fragrance, but OV is definitely a warmer weather 'geared' fragrance. [/quote]

To my nose, OV smells like a good quality soap. And soap never goes out of season [/quote]

Never thought of it that way.

Soap was never much in season at all for the likes of me :-p

Post Thanks / Like

i would have to suggest royal delight-it's deep eough yet subtile enough-see what you think

gary(g303's son)

Acier Aluminum for fall evenings

Post Thanks / Like

Tabarome Millisime or Himalaya

Post Thanks / Like

Take the road less traveled: Epicea. Very much a fall/winter type fragrance, underrated and perhaps underappreciated by many. I love Creeds, don't get me wrong--got plenty of them, but honestly, it grows tiresome to see the same "newer" releases inserted into just about any situational question for advice. Yep, they're versatil and can be worn in many different settings or occassions, but again, I'd take the road less traveled and try some of the other, lesser known ones.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Many thanks for all the advice guys. Tabarome is an excellent suggestion, and was exactly the kind of scent I was looking for, I'm currently wearing the test sprays from the shop atm and still enjoying it.
    I'm intrigued by your suggestion, Epicea, The Bark. I've asked my local perfumery to order in a bottle for us to have a sniff, its not one they currently stock. I'm very much in favour of using well known scents as my 'wear anytime' foundation and having a few seasonal rarities.

jIm