Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Silver Shadow does not impress scentimus

First I have to say I am honored to be maybe one of the first to smell this fragrance where I live.

Today I received a bottle the of the prestigious Pure Blend Reserve of Davidoff Silver Shadow. The bottle is very understated elegance weighty and masculine.

The scent is strange. When first sprayed I get a sweet brandy like note that almost resembles bubble gum at some points. The same bubble gum note I found in the original Nautica Competition that came in the powder blue bottle. The down dry is more like Baldessarini but more sandalwood and the spice takes a back seat. Over all Silver Shadow is a very light scent not what I really expected and this is the stronger version I have. The edt must be fleeting.

No way does this scent shadow (pun) Zino Davidoff. Its nothing to wow you their are so much better men's scents Baldessarini being one of them. In closing I am so glad I did not spend over $100.00 for this scent it not worth it at all. Then again this is Davidoff maybe I set my thought too high....they gave us Zino.

Default Re: Davidoff Silver Shadow does not impress scenti

Wow...disappointing. I had high hopes for this one. Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Wow...disappointing. I had high hopes for this one. Thanks for the review.

Me too, but I guess I can't complain. Zino is one of the best fragrances ever created. It would be nearly impossible to create something that could surpass Zino. It's really too bad, though.

but....I ve tried Silver Shadow two times and, like I've said before, it grows on me...in the beginning I tought : just another oriental, but it has a great staying power that is very nice and warm, but yet not to warm...Beginning to like it..and thinking of buying it...gonna first try new Gaultier today..