Code of Conduct

Default summer is leaving...

What scent will you miss the most?

Also, on the note of seasonal wearing -- Vintage Tabarome is (obviously) not an everday scent but what season do you think it best applies to?

Thanks
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Default Re: summer is leaving...

It's getting close to that time to put away 212 for me.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Vintage Tabarome = Mosty an evening and night fragrance best worn in the fall/winter.

Some of my summer favs:

Acqua Di Gio
    Metal Jeans
    MI, ZMP and Erolfa
    Essenza Di Zegna
    Givenchy Pour Homme

I'll miss my Live Jazz, but am looking forward to my fall lineup

Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?

Quote Originally Posted by duxie
    Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?
    I live in a state where the different seasons bring about extreme temperatures. There are just certain fragrances that just don't do well in particular seasons. They are few, but they exist. For example, I find it almost impossible to wear M7 in the summer. Which is why I'm thankful for M7 Fresh

Unfortunately, summer never leaves Singapore [smiley=sad.gif]

Heck.... Turn on the air-conditioners and bath in A*Men!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#4 date=1127105024]Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?
    I live in a state where the different seasons bring about extreme temperatures. *There are just certain fragrances that just don't do well in particular seasons. *They are few, but they exist. *For example, I find it almost impossible to wear M7 in the summer. *Which is why I'm thankful for M7 Fresh [/quote]

Aren't summer nights cooler than summer days? [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by duxie
    [quote author=Octothorpe link=1127102655/0#5 date=1127105420][quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#4 date=1127105024]Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?
    I live in a state where the different seasons bring about extreme temperatures. There are just certain fragrances that just don't do well in particular seasons. They are few, but they exist. For example, I find it almost impossible to wear M7 in the summer. Which is why I'm thankful for M7 Fresh [/quote]

Aren't summer nights cooler than summer days? [smiley=rolleyes.gif][/quote]

Not much cooler!

[quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#4 date=1127105024]Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?
    I live in a state where the different seasons bring about extreme temperatures. *There are just certain fragrances that just don't do well in particular seasons. *They are few, but they exist. *For example, I find it almost impossible to wear M7 in the summer. *Which is why I'm thankful for M7 Fresh [/quote]

Same here. *Summer in California's Central Valley is pretty brutal. *When it's 108 degrees Fahrenheit, there are certain frags, as much as I love them, that there's no way I'm going to reach for. *If you know whaddimean. *But the reverse isn't true. *I'll wear my summer frags whenever I feel like it in the winter. *It doesn't really get that cold here. *

[quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#7 date=1127105758][quote author=Octothorpe link=1127102655/0#5 date=1127105420][quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#4 date=1127105024]Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?

Not much cooler![/quote]

Also, same here. *The heat doesn't peak out here in the Valley until six, sometimes seven o'clock in the evening. *So, if it's over a hundred degrees then, oftimes it'll still be in the 90s at midnight. *Late one morning last month, I went to put the Alhambra water bottles outside the front door, and it was still 87 degrees. *At 2:30am.

[quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#7 date=1127105758][quote author=Octothorpe link=1127102655/0#5 date=1127105420][quote author=duxie link=1127102655/0#4 date=1127105024]Guys, why are you so hard on yourselves? Why do you season-bend your wardrobes?

Not much cooler![/quote]

I was just kidding! I completely understand you because the climate in Belgrade is pretty much the same. Still, that doesn't stop me from wearing the frag I love, even if sometimes it means suffocating in a cloud of Angels...

I will definately miss my Live Jazz and of course my new fav SMW. I love my summer scents but i love my sweet cold weather scents much more.

Another one who'll miss Live Jazz here! And probably also Diesel Green and Eau d'Issey.

I think my Live Jazz may make some appearances in the cool weather. I got a lot of compliments on it when i used it as a summer evening scent, doesn't seem like it would be at all innappropriate for the cold (Although there are just so many nice scents to wear when it cools down).
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by madvillain
    I think my Live Jazz may make some appearances in the cool weather. I got a lot of compliments on it when i used it as a summer evening scent, doesn't seem like it would be at all innappropriate for the cold (Although there are just so many nice scents to wear when it cools down).

That's indeed the problem: it's not that summer-scents aren't appropraite anymore, it's just that there are so many good winter-scents around that it would be a shame to leave them on the shelves :-)

Blog Entries

DEFINITELY Clinique Happy. It's just not made for Kansas winters.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Unbound,Laguna and Metal Jeans would disappear to the back of the closet-until next May.

Summer Faves...
    1. Gio for Men
    2. Polo Blue for Men ( Can't put this one away ).
    3. Eau des Merveilles by Hermes
    4. Mania for men by Armani

Vintage Tabarome is best suited for evening wear in the fall and winter.
    Sad to see summer go...not sad to see the extreme heat go. Must take the good with the bad.
    Gary

None of them. Good riddance to Citrus and Sandalwood laden scents. The only summer one I will miss is Baime and that can work well in the cold with a sweater to break up the monotony of sweet orientals.

summer is leaving...
    Thank heavens.

Sometimes I think I should live in a land of perpetual frost and eternal darkness. [monologue ]And then I, Vicomte de K, will rule forever, etc. However, my plans for obliterating the sun, as you may have heard have failed. Curses, Superman, curses! [smiley=evil.gif] [/monologue]

I think I end up wearing my summer frags year-round, so I won't be missing any of them. I'm not sure Caswell Massey #6 will be worn as often though. :/

I look forward to wearing some of the more heavy ones: Mr. 7, Aramis, Quorum, Z-14, Cuiron, JHL, Habit Rouge EDT (I'm blessed with the EDC methinks for the summer), and perhaps Escada. In short, leathers.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio