Code of Conduct

Default Let's talk about Tobacco once more

I think I've found my Tobacco true love, the smokiness of Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris has capitivated by imagination, it's smooth blend is mind blowing.

Notes: Tobacco, tonka bean, malay patchouli, cuban cascarilla oil, velvet sage & pimento berries

What are your thoughts? Please mention any other worthy fragrance that is absent from this noncomprehensive list...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default Re: Let's talk about Tobacco once more

I agree with you,FdT is the best out of this list.

Another good tobacco scent is Czech & Speake Cuba.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    I think I've found my Tobacco true love, the smokiness of Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris has capitivated by imagination, it's smooth blend is mind blowing.
    I need to get me some FdT ASAP. This is too much ... another good ones are Acqua di Cuba, Fumerie Turque

Dreamer (if you have Richard James), D&G are good designer ones as well.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I agree with ajmc above about Cuba by Czech & Speake. I think it's a superb tobacco fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't consider it a pure tobacco scent, I really like D&G PH. Very sexy but considered quite common among Basenoters.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Feuilles de Tabac, Havana and Fumerie Turque, but I prefer Feuilles by the barest of margins. It's the most wearable of the three to me, and it just smells beautiful throughout the development. It's also the most uncomplicated, pure tobacco note I've encountered.

Havana is quite spicy and most in the spirit of traditional masculine colognes (the drydown has a hint of Azzaro Pour Homme). Fumerie Turque is a classic Serge Lutens oriental: huge, powerful, exotic, challenging. The drydown is exquisite, but it's a bit sweet and, like a lot of Lutens, a bit flamboyant. Still, it's a must try.

Original Tabarome doesn't really smell like tobacco to me. I suppose it's evocative of cigar smoke, but it lacks that sweet, damp tobacco leaf smell that I get from the other three. I love the ambergris in the basenotes, and it exudes class.

I have to get a sample of C&S Cuba. I've been curious about this one for months.

This post would be lacking without including Michael Kors.

C&S Cuba has an awkward sweetness to it that overshadows the straight tobacco. To me, it deminishes it from this list.

Acqua di Cuba is extremely sweet by comparison to others on the list, it would not make my top 5.

For me, the truest tobacco representation would be Havanna Reserva (more so than the original), with Michael Kors coming in 2nd. However Tabarome Original would be the best overall frag on the list.

Fresh Tobacco Flower is not "really" a tobacco scent (although I love it, it is excellent), it is a straight tobacco FLOWER scent, which is different (very enjoyable, but not smokey).

I have not tried Feuilles de Tabac...so that will now be on my short list of must try's.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Although I don't consider it a pure tobacco scent, I really like D&G PH. Very sexy but considered quite common among Basenoters.
    I would never dare to call D&G PH "common". One of the most accomplished fragrances there is, and a true celebration of tobacco.

Feuilles de Tabac. Also try Knize Ten.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

I like the tobacco in Micheal Kors. Admittedly, I've not tried most of the ones on the list.

Another nice tobacco note is found in Anvers.

I chose none of the above and choose Michael Kors and D&G PH

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Voted for original Tabaróme, but my favourite is SL Fumerie Turque.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

[blue]I voted "None of the above".[/blue]

Keiko Mecheri *Oliban* [blue]is my favorite tobacco fragrance with its very beguiling blonde tobacco note.[/blue]

When i need to visit tobacco heaven, i spritz some Havana on.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Feuilles de Tabac. Also try Knize Ten.
    Hmmm... Knize Ten, to me, smells more like leather than tobacco.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I thought the tobacco flower is different than the stright smoking thing , isn't it?
    Anyway....
    I really like the Tabarome original . I think it's very elegant and not stuffy at all. Would love men around me to wear it. It's a class-act!
    I also like Fumerie Turque by Lutens , but I wear it myself!

Yes... *clearly Tobacco Flower is not the same scent as smoke tobacco. *When I think of a masculine tobacco scent, I think of a smoke tobacco (pipe tobacco, cigar, cigarrette, dry, moist, or burnt...in any of these incarnations). * Tobacco Flower is a sour dry herbal scent that mixes very well in the likes of RL Purple Label, or Fresh Tobacco Flower, and others. * I do love it too....but it is not smoke tobacco, as in Havana, Michael Kors, and others. Tobacco Flower seems to usually be a top note, or mid note...where Smoke Tobacco usually is a deep base note.

Sometimes I find smokiness in a scent to be percieved indirectly, rather than a clear smoke scent...this is true of Bulgari Black, Enigma by Karen Low, even in Creed Royal Scottish Lavender. Other times, you smell a distinct tobacco note in frags like Havana Reserva, or Kors. Very clear.

Thanks for your participation so far, I've really learnt a lot, I think Tabarome original gets a standing ovation, however I still love FDT....
    Let your nose be your pilot

The new Tabarome for me. One of the best Creeds IMHO.
    Gary

One flying below the radar here, but IMO worth checking out is Tommy Bahama.