Code of Conduct

Default Newbie Question: Early 20's casual scent advice?

I'm slowly realizing that I need some sort of guidance in my cologne choices. A*Men is the first cologne I've bought since I've grown out of my Curve days, but unfortunately, A*men does not work for very many situations. A little later I bought Pi by Givenchy. Slightly better, but still not quite what I'm looking for. I need something that I can wear on a near daily basis without forming any new enemies. I tried Kenzo pour homme, and I really liked it, but unfortunately no one else that I had smell it did (I still might get some).

Anyway, to conclude my ramblings, I'm looking for a casual scent that I can wear on a regular basis that isn't particularly heavy. I tend to avoid strong musky scents and lean more towards lighter ones. In my limited cologne experience, I don't see myself as an "Abercrombie and Fitch" cologne guy, but I do like the "Banana Republic" sample I picked up. I might pick up some DKNY Be Delicious when I get the chance (and the money), but for now I just want to get some suggestions and look around.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I wish I could just go back to my Curve, but we all have to grow up sometime!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie Question: Early 20's casual scent advic

Try Mugler Cologne, Kenneth Cole Reaction, or Azzaro Chrome.

And hey...I'm 26 & still love Curve! Plus...if you still like Curve, you might try Curve's new "Soul" cologne. It's a slightly more refined version of the original.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Hey Arga,

Definitely check out Azzaro Visit. It's a woody scent that's also "fresh", although fresh isn't quite the word I'm looking for Hard to explain. Give it a try, the next time you hit the mall. It's a great versatile scent that's contemporary, and you won't find many people wearing it.

#

I second Visit, it smells modern; dry, slightly sweet, warm and fresh. *It won't cover you for all occasions, but in the cooler weather it's really versatile. *Plus, i've had some pretty intense reactions from early to mid twenties girls in various situations [smiley=beer.gif] *and my ex doesnt like it! What more could anyone ask for
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

I suggest Miracle by Lancome or Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. Both are non offensive and I have never received a negative comment on either. Have a search for these on the review section to be sure I'm on the right track

I strongly suggest you try HIGHER by Dior. It smells absolutely CLEAN, COOL and FRESH! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And since you happened to like Kenzo Pour Homme, maybe you want to try other aquatic fragrances like Polo Blue, Bvlgari Aqva, L' Eau Par Kenzo Pour Homme & Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil Pour Homme.

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. Fresh, complex, never heavy or cloying.

For a lighter musk, try Lucky You for Men. Starts off green and minty, has pretty good duration, and is clean and fresh.

It sounds like you are looking for a more wearable gourmand scent: try Body Kouros or Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge. Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge is kind of like a mintier, lighter Le Male. *Body Kouros is a quasi-gourmand scent along similar lines. Body Kouros has to be judiciously applied due to its strength.

Agree regarding Miracle Homme. However, Platinum Egoiste can be a bit strong...
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Welcome to Basenotes.

I concur with the above posts suggesting Visit and Egoiste Platinum (use a light trigger finger--with this one, less is more) .

Here are two more you should try:

B*Men -- it starts off on the strong side,but it settles way down after about an hour.
    Burberry Touch -- fresh,unique and very easy to wear.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson