Code of Conduct

Default Un Jardin sur l'Air (or: mixing fragrances sucks)

Last week I bought some new fragrances. One of them is the wonderful Jardin sur le Nil and the other one is the "interesting" Kenzo Air.
    The day after my purchases I wanted to wear Kenzo Air and I used a generous amount (I think I used about 10 spritzes). I smelled like a glass of gin, which isn't bad, I like that smell, but ten minutes later the fragrance was gone, completely. I couldn't detect it anymore. To be honest, it was 7 a.m. and I think my nose doesn't work properly at this time of the day. I was really, really disappointed and I applied another generous amount of Un Jardin over the vanished (?) Kenzo.
    I was happy and I didn't think of the undetectable Kenzo for the next three hours.
    But as the Hermès became weaker, the Kenzo started to react with my body heat and it grew stronger and stronger. Soon I could smell a horrible mixture of Kenzo Air and Un Jardin. Mango plus Incense plus Vetiver plus Aniseed equals Crap. And this fragrance massacre stayed with me throughout the day.

Lessons learned:

- Kenzo Air is stronger than you think
    - Don't trust your nose at 7 a.m.
    - Mixing fragrances sucks (I know, there are exceptions to this rule...)
    - A terrible scent (or two) can ruin your day

Thanks for listening

Default Re: Un Jardin sur l'Air (or: mixing fragrances suc

maybe add 10 spritzes of anything is too much. :exclamation
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Kenzo Air is so powerful in the beginning that it seems to disappear in less than an hour. It doesn't disappear though - it just changes from "punch in your head" to "normal" and certainly does last on me. I thought there was only one way to learn that but I think you just found another one.

10 spritzes??!! What were you trying to kill Timothy? That probably was the kicker...your nose totally blocked it out...it got used to it. Did anyone around you say that you were probably wearing too much?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Hmm, one co-worker asked me what I was wearing. She said it smelled a little like Mugler Cologne gone bad.

What I was trying to kill? Good question, like I said, I didn't think that Air is a powerful fragrance and I wanted to make sure that it lasts at least for a few hours. But you're probably right, I simply used too much and at 7 a.m. my nose was unable to deal with such an overdose...

It is so easy to over aply a frag in our enthusiasm as "fragophiles".
    I have had the same experience with Kenzo p.h. The scent returns with a vengeance after seemingly becoming undetectable.