Code of Conduct

Default Blenheim Bouquet's lasting power?

I love Hammam Bouquet (this is long lasting on me) and have thinking about ordering another Penhaligon's scent. Blenheim Bouquet is the one i am very interested in. But before i order it i would like to get some opinions on its lasting power. Is it long lasting? There is nothing i hate more than getting a fragrance i love only to find it lasts 3 to 4 hours max! Thanks alot.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Blenheim Bouquet's lasting power?

Note that Blenheim has very sharp citrus opening which dies out very fast (15 min). The pine lasts for a little longer, the faint spicey aromatic base remains after a couple of hourse. So depending on which phase you like, you get 15 min, 1 hr or 3 hrs from the EdT. Not long lasting on me.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

3-4 hours is no problem with BB. It is quite strong and leaves a very noticeable trail for being largely a citrus scent. What I find especially interesting is that the zesty lime-note keeps going for hours, surely this has yo be unusual.
    MMM

BB's lasting power may not be what you are looking for in a frag. 4-5 hours seems to be right, along the lines of MMM's experience.

Pine frags generally don't last long on me. BB is probably the best of the straightforward pines I've tried, if very formal.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Now i am leaning against BB. 4 to 5 hours is not long (they have to last at least 8) enough. Are there any other Penhaligon's,besides HB,that are long lasting?

In order of preference,Endymion,English Fern and LP No.9 FM all sound rather nice.

Jeff * *
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

bump

Mrs.Quack-Quack

Probably not enough chemicals in BB to last longer. Davidoff Cool Water Deep and the like last MUCH longer but are much more srtificial.
    Why not re-spray BB after some hours? Shouldn't be a prob.

My vote goes with what Sentient has already mentioned. I made the "mistake" to taking a BB sample I received from the great (and I mean out-of-this-world-great-service) folks at Aedes on an island holiday. The poor thing wilted within minutes; I was crushed because I had been so looking forward to BB. Even the pine didn't seem to last more than 1/2 hour on me.

My suggestion would be to look elsewhere for longer lasting...

Cheers.

It only lasts 2 or 3 hours on me - which was 2 or 3 hours too long for my ladyfriend - she dislikes it intensely. But she liked all the other Penhaligon ones much better, when we tested them out recently.
    I was quite taken by Endymion, but it wasn't on sale.
    Renato

First of all if you read about Penhaligons they do state that their scent are DISCREET NOT SCREEMING.

Saying that their quality product is OUTSTANDING.

Yes their scent do stay on the skin/clothes but do not screem in a room on arrival.

I think discretion could be the right word.

However I do find "Rackets" staying power excellent.

Blenhiem bouquet is a quiet scent it will stay with you all day and probably for the more intimate persons but it will not change a lifts bad smell !!!!!

laurent
    Invisible Power

I'm going to end up buying a bottle of Blenheim Bouquet sometime soon because I'm going to wear it to my grandparents' 50th anniversary in December. I know this is the one I have to wear based on a sample I got, but I don't want to wear the sample to the event because vials tend to smell flat and have really short longevity compared to a spray.

I have LP no 9 as well, and the basenotes last all day on me, very warm and spicy clove base. Not as tradtional as some of the older Penhaligon's, but a good all-round scent for me.