Code of Conduct

Default Pray speak to me of DAIM BLONDE...

I have the great misfortune to live in a big city whose perfume stores carry leading designer brands, but not a single niche or artisinal one. So, no SERGE LUTENS, no L'ARTISAN, no CREED, no COMPTOIR SUD, no ANNICK GOUTAL... You get the picture. Imagine, then, how I must feel when I read your mouthwatering reviews and comments on these fragrances. Sure I saw Beck's new frag yesterday at the store, but I would give you ten Becks and raise you seven suchlikes for one SL or AG. Knowing I won't be travelling abroad in the foreseeable future makes me even more miserable. So, I am completely depending on you to use all your powers of imagination to capture for me at least one fragrance of my choice. I've read great reviews of DAIM BLONDE outside BASENOTES. Will you, please, share your experiences?
    Take pity on this wretched soul. [smiley=smiley.gif]

P.S. How does it compare to MAGNETISM, if at all?

Default Re: Pray speak to me of DAIM BLONDE...

I own both Daim Blond and Magnetism and love them both ... both would be in my current top 10.

Magnetism I've worn more than any fragrance recently since it camo out. I wear it everywhere ... to work, dinner, etc. It's a very versatile scent and I can't explain ... I just like it.

Daim Blond is another excellent one in my wardrobe, but not as versatile. Very much of a suede scent and , although better suited for a night out, I do wear it to work once in a while. I paid plenty for it but worth every penny.

I don't think you can compare one to the other. Magnetism is a "grapey" kind of scent as opposed to a very soft suede scent of Daim Blond. In my book, you can't go wrong with either ... but as always ... sample Daim Blond first at that price.

Hi Duxie, I'm in quite the same position as you, here in Madrid the access to niche frags is not so restricted as it seems to be in Belgrade, but still there are brands you can't find anywhere. What I have done sometimes is ordering samples by internet, and I recommend you that. Try lusciouscargo.com, for example. For $18 (international shipping included) they send you a pack of 7 samples of your choice, and they carry most of the brands you mention. They are very nice people and you might find some little present in your package when you receive it ;-)
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

DB is a sweet/soft leather not harsh like a Bel ami or something like that.
    It really is a nice scent....expensive, but really nice.
    I'll tell you what.....send me a PM and we'll talk about something....
    Where do You Live ? Are there any shipping restrictions?

Default Re: Please speak to me about DAIM BLONDE...

I bought a brand new bottle of Daim Blond blind some weeks ago. It was quite expensive and I really don't know what I was thinking then. The smell is wonderful don't get me wrong and probably perfect for autumn weather, which is all a good thing, but:

I have never worn it yet! Why? I can't help it, but this one is not suited for a male IMHO. It's the ideal choice for a woman! I always think it's a feminine scent when I sniff the atomizer. Maybe this is not the case at all, but I don't think my opinion will change. I would appreciate it though if you could convince me that it's at least an unisex scent ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Daim blond is very nice leather oriental it shares the heritage going back in time - Creed royal english leather, habit rouge, cuiron etc.. However the leather in DB is very soft and fresh much like a car seat unlike the other leathers that tend to be harsh horsey-animalic in smell. The sweetness is a floral/fruity nature and thereby somewhat feminine. If you find Habit rouge feminine you will find Daim blond feminine too. One of the more wearable lutens.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Hi Duxie, I'm in quite the same position as you, here in Madrid the access to niche frags is not so restricted as it seems to be in Belgrade, but still there are brands you can't find anywhere. What I have done sometimes is ordering samples by internet, and I recommend you that. Try lusciouscargo.com, for example. For $18 (international shipping included) they send you a pack of 7 samples of your choice, and they carry most of the brands you mention. They are very nice people and you might find some little present in your package when you receive it ;-)
    Thanks guys for your descriptions! A special thanks to Gus for letting me know about lusciouscargo.com, I'll try that one. Muchas gracias por el consejo! En cuanto pruebe la fragancia, te lo cuento. Hasta pronto!!!
    To dr.creed: I believe that if you love the fragrance, you shouldn't care if it SEEMS like a feminine fragrance. Wear it and enjoy it. And anyway you'll always know, no matter what, that it IS a unisex scent!
    [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]