Code of Conduct

Default **UPDATE**Amouage

Got my order of samples from Parfums Raffy today...I had to explore the concept of male floral scents taken to the extreme and the extravagant!

All these frags start off "messy" like an old bottle of Avon...a bit chaotic, as if one is caught in a turbine filled with botanicals. I swear I had to wait about half an hour before it settled into some comprehensible bouquet. (Mmmm...now that's QUALITY when you have topnotes with staying power that way!)

Gold--OMG!! [smiley=shocked.gif] Powdery florals! Phew! Don't ask me what fleur seems evident to me...I'm bad at figuring one flower from the other, but this is what Shalimar for Men would smell like!

Silver--very dignified, like a bottle of Aramis 900 or Devin...I'd give this to my father if I had the money.

Ciel--This one threw a curve ball at me. Fresh, with this one insistent note, maybe it's the wild rose, but it just smelled like the fragrance had 'turned'. This is when I smell it on my skin, but it's a very fine fresh frag when you smell it's air.

Dia-- Woh HO!! Mmmm!! Woods and spices on a bed of florals...absolutely my favorite! If Himalaya is for the Tibetan Monk, Dia is for the Prince of Persia!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Amouage

Silver and Dia are my favorites, the other two I didn't like.

You know you can get free samples by emailing Amouage directly
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Silver and Dia are my favorites, the other two I didn't like.

I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Hrm, but on their site there are sets of samples to buy. Sounds weird if they would both sell and give away for free. I'd really like to try that Dia now though...

Dia and silver are my favs and quite great! I am still wanting to buy silver but it might be a while because I keep buing other stuff!

Yes, Dia and Silver are the only ones worth anything. The rest are pretty heavy handed.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=AZsmells link=1126319513/0#1 date=1126320396]You know you can get free samples by emailing Amouage directly
    Hrm, but on their site there are sets of samples to buy. Sounds weird if they would both sell and give away for free. I'd really like to try that Dia now though...
    [/quote]

I emailed them a while back and they never replied to me but I got a package in the mail from a New Jersey business and got 4 different men's *and 5 different women's samples a week after I emailed them. *I know other users tried this and got free samples too. *

On another note I emailed Trumper's about a month ago and asked for some samples and they responded saying they ran out out of samples. *They sent me a catalog and thats all I expected. *A week later I got a package sent from England with 10 different cologne samples in a little Trumper's sack and 6 shaving cream samples and good sized samples of Coral and Limes Skin Food. *It never hurts to email companies and ask for samples most companies happily do it. *I even emailed Yosh and she personally replied and sent me free samples of Box G and Opening Night. *Lucky Scent charges $5 each for Yosh samples.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Heres the info to get free samples:

RSS Enterprises Inc.
    80 Triangle Boulvard
    Carlstadt
    New Jersey 07072

Tel : 1-800-3536462
    1-201-4382250
    Fax : 1-201-4385353
    E-mail : RSchuman@aol.com
    E-mail : america@amouage.com

Thanks a lot! I guess the only thing they might say is no or nothing at all...

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=AZsmells link=1126319513/0#1 date=1126320396]You know you can get free samples by emailing Amouage directly
    [/quote]

The samples they are selling are a little bigger and fancier packaging than the ones they send for free. The free ones came carded and I believe are only 1 ml instead of 2.

RTbar

when i emailed them thet sent me samples with a sprayer not carded... the art of shaving also sends a good sample kit

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    when i emailed them thet sent me samples with a sprayer not carded... the art of shaving also sends a good sample kit
    You're right some had sprayers some didn't

Amouage has a boutique in a shopping mall in Mascat - Oman, in which the perfumes are sold from urns a la Caron. Gentleman's Cologne is worth dying for. Think Chanel 19 with a major twist.. AND the silver frankinsence spell, too. Amouage means *waves*.

Default **UPDATE**Re: Amouage

**UPDATE** I was just emailed back from a Margaret Dixon on receiving samples, and she asked me to call her back. That freaked me out a little bit, but my suspicions were right...it was about trying to recommend some places that might want to sell the stuff. So I dropped a few names of stores and hotels, and she said the samples were on their way to me!

Phew! For a moment I was wondering if she wanted me to explain the reason for a rush of sample inquiries she's gotten, encouraged from the great interest from members here in the forum! Hehe. I hate lying.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: **UPDATE**Amouage

Dia seems way too light for me; I can barely smell it. Gold lasts forever. If it weren't for that powdery note, I'd make it my main fragrance. I haven't tried Silver yet. Ciel I can hardly smell. If I wear it I layer it with some LV.

Default Re: **UPDATE**Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Digisignal12
    Dia seems way too light for me; I can barely smell it. Gold lasts forever. If it weren't for that powdery note, I'd make it my main fragrance. I haven't tried Silver yet. Ciel I can hardly smell. If I wear it I layer it with some LV.
    Silver is the way to go for you, it still has a powdery note but more similar to Gold in it's fullness and richaness. I love Dia for the impeccable balance of woods, floral and incense. I need to work at getting myself a bottle.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!