Code of Conduct

Default Tried DAVIDOFF SILVER SHADOW today...

Today I was so surprised to see SILVER SHADOW sitting on one of the shelves of a perfume shop I came into only to check if I voted right in the BLACK CODE vs. BRIT poll. BTW, I did.
    Back to the point. As I was saying, I was so glad because I had been eagerly awaiting this release for two reasons:
    1. The nose behind SHADOW is Francis Kurkdjian, one of my favourite noses.
    2. The notes promised so much. Here's a description at escentual.com

http://www.escentual-news.co.uk/news....html#extended

It didn't come out as a total disappointment, but I had expected too much, I guess. The heart notes of saffron and patchouli on an ambery base sounded so promising but as I first sniffed my wrist I couldn't escape the feeling of deja smelt. And it wasn't a good deja. [smiley=smiley.gif] As the fragrance was drying down, the "nosual" came back to me: it was Baldessarini, only much spicier due to the saffron, I think. The overall impression was not unpleasant because once it dries down it's a nice spicy ambery scent, but I kept thinking this is more suited to someone older and having revisited the article, it read, in the first sentence, that SILVER SHADOW is "aimed at the mature mens market." Hardly a consolation, though.

Has anyone else tried SILVER SHADOW?

The good thing is that I went out of the shop with BLACK CODE on my left arm. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Default Re: Tried DAVIDOFF SILVER SHADOW today...

How does it compare to Zino???

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Duxie, I've tried it yesterday and couldn't agree more !
    You said it right ! Nothing to add about it..But I left the shop with nothing ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Ashamed to admit it, but have never tried Zino. Tomorow I'm trying INSTINCT so I'll try ZINO, too.

I still awaiting my Special Blend version to arrive soon. Now was the one you tired the regular EDT or the Special Blend version? They are both diffrent in the spice and composition of the notes.

I don?t know for you people but on my skin dry down of Silver Shadow is very similar to JPG Le Male and that?s not good because I don?t like second one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I still awaiting my Special Blend version to arrive soon. *Now was the one you tired the regular EDT or the Special Blend version? *They are both diffrent in the spice and composition of the notes.
    The regular I think. THe bottle was transparent. Am I right, then?

Quote Originally Posted by suncheese
    I don?t know for you people but on my skin dry down of Silver Shadow is very similar to JPG Le Male and that?s not good because I don?t like second one at all.
    The reason for your olfactory association lies in the fact that both fragrances are works of the same nose, FRANCIS KURKDJIAN. There. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I can tell you right now, Silver Shadow won't be in the same universe as Zino. Not only are the note pyramids so much different, but also, nothing will ever hold a candle to Zino. Zino is a pinnacle that I don't think any recent or future designer fragrance will ever hit.

its not bad at all because is so similar to huGO bottled... maybe silver s. is more strong in the woody base that make it a little diferent between them,
    dont u think ?

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    nothing will ever hold a candle to Zino. Zino is a pinnacle that I don't think any recent or future designer fragrance will ever hit.

Zino is great, but i prefer Relax!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I can see the realation to Le Male but Le Male is a punch in my nose, SS is way more subtle. I could see any age wearing this scent, no problem.

The Edt version is nice....I have so many "nice" fragrances that another nice scent is ....well...you know....nice....
    I'm waiting to check out the Pure Blend version.
    Gary

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who detected a bit of Baldessarini in this one. Still, they are worlds apart, and Silver Shadow at leasts lasts more than 5 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised by this one, and it's now on my "to get" list.

I found no similarities. If any, it's Baldessarini which possibly similar to it.
    As to Special Blend, it's even more sweet, so I don't give a penny for any of them.