Code of Conduct

Default Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

Yikes! Such grapfruit! I love the first few seconds of it but does anybody else think it sort of starts to smell like vomit after that? I don't know. Maybe I need to investigate this one more closely. I just got it. It disappears very quickly, but I read that this is just an illusion -- other people can smell it for hours afterwards, just not you! What do you people think?

Default Re: Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

Interesting point. When I first got it I gave it 5 stars for longevity. Then I started to think I couldn't detect it after a couple of hours. My wife who likes this scent (one of only few of mine she does like) often says how nice I smell some hours after applying it and when I can no longer smell it.

This may be a Guerlain phenomenon at least in my case. I find that the three I currently own either seem to come and go or disappear for me but others can still sense them?

Trot

Like Turin very correctly points out Pamplelune has a sulphuric quality making it really weird. Itīs a nice fragrance but the ovewhelming, bitter grapefruit can become cloying at times.

MMM

Thr first time I wore it thinking it was a EdC ( I drenched myself in it ), yes, the whole vomit thing happened. I then realised that it was a combination of the patchouli and my skin...and the next time I used it, I used it sparingly, and then I realised why so many people are crazy about this AA. Try it on clean skin right after a shower...and with a light spritz...and tell me if you still get the nastiness.

Well I put it on last night again, after a shower, and as I read, and read, and read, and read (ugh) I continued to keep getting whiffs of it. It still smelled a little like vomit, to me. I suspect my skin is very acidic/sour on its own, so maybe citruses aren't the best things for me to wear. Even though I find them so appealing I am a girl, this is definitely a unisex scent. I will force some males that I know to wear it, maybe some females that I know, and I will smell them, and then I will be able to see if it is the nature of the perfume that I find offputting, or just the way it reacts with my skin. I think you're right, that if I used it incredibly, incredibly sparingly, I could avoid this phenomenon. I hope so, because the opening accords are just so beautiful.

I read that this one does not have any alcohol in it. The other Aqua Allegorias have alcohol in them, just not this one?

There may be some products of the Aqua Allegorias without any alcohol in them, but it is not the case with the one I have. Maybe someone else here can comment on this ?