Code of Conduct

Default Zino *and Salvador Dali Pour Homme *Same?

Zino Davidoff fragrance notes: I tried Salvador Dali Pour Homme for
    * for the first time yesterday and was amazed at the
    *similarities to a fragrance I truly enjoy year round
    Top Notes " ZINO " * * Now I see why. Has anyone else noticed
    Lavender, Bergamot, Basil, Clary Sage * this. Dali does have a certain rubber note that I
    * * dont detect in Zino but aside from that they seem
    Middle Notes very much alike.
    Jasmin, Muguet, Geranium

Base Notes
    Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk, Leather, Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Salvador Dali pour Homme fragrance

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Rosewood

Middle Notes
    Muguet, Rose, Jasmin, Geranium

Base Notes
    Tonka, Sandal, Amber, Cedar, Patchouli, Vanilla

Default Re: Zino  and Salvador Dali Pour Homme  

The top notes of these two are quite alike, but the drydowns are very different.

Zino: Cedar wood and vanilla
    SD pH: Florals and leather

Although the drydowns include other notes, I only listed the prominent ones. In other words, the notes in my list overwhelms the rest.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Default Re: Zino *and Salvador Dali Pour Homme *Same?

I didnt get that much difference when I tested them last night . Thursday morning I will spray each wrist well and note how they develope throughout the day.

Dali likes to really project itself out to people, were Zino yes is long lasting but stay close to your personal space. But I do agree they share that same tobacco patchouli feel.

Default Re: Zino  and Salvador Dali Pour Homme  

Zino shares similar relation with Santal by Fragonard. I think it is the sandal, patchouli, amber basenotes combo
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

After 4 hours of the application of Zino on one wrist and Salvador Dali pour homme on the other the most notible difference between the 2 is the dominate rubber note in the Dali.

The Zino is more refined than the Dali and has a little less impact and tenacityafter 4 hours, but I find less than 20% difference in the overall comparison.

Also , there is a heart and base in these two that is quite akin to 3rd Man by Caron. The Caron developes into a much more incense based fragrance in the dry down however.

Whoah - are you guys sure you don't mean Davidoff instead of Zino? Based on this thread I got interested in Dali, since Zino is one of my favourites, and something I use regularly. Someone got me this really cool gift set - 5oz shower gel, a 3.3 oz EDT, and a little mini edt in a really cool box with a Dali painting on it, and the bottles are wonderful designs.

Unfortunately, it smells *nothing* like Zino, but it does smell *exactly* (to my nose) like Davidoff, which happens to be my most disliked fragrance of any male fragrance I've ever tried or smelled (compared to women's perfumes, very many of which I find atrocious).

It's strange because the list of notes is more similar for Zino and Dali, but in Dali as in Davidoff, all I can smell is this really, really prominent note, or combo of notes that is just unbearable to me - I really can't figure out what it is at all. It's something sharp and old ladyish. I don't smell it at all in Zino, or in anything else I've ever tried except Davidoff!

Anyone have an idea what it might be?

Davidoff: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120436.html
    Dali: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121418.html

Zino: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121734.html

Just as with Davidoff, I can't even keep it on long enough to give it a fair try!

OK - I fought my instincts and let it dry for like 20 minutes. It's better dry, and it's more smokey and patchouli-i than Davidoff, but still, not for me, and nothing like Zino.

As much as I love the packaging, Dali is going on my to sell/swap list, along with Davidoff, which I can't seem to get rid of!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 27th December 2006 at 05:24 PM.