Code of Conduct

Default Help me find REDWOOD scent

I am searching for a good REDWOOD scent: so I typed in "redwood" and 3 came up: "Freedom for Him", Imperial Jade Emperor, and Stetson Country. I don't recall ever smelling any of these, so does anyone know how they smell? One of my favorite scents as a teenager was Aqua Velva Redwood, and although it was a watered-down aftershave, to me it was the best scent I knew about at the time (30 years ago!). Are there any good redwood scents today, even beyond the 3 listed above, that I don't know about?

Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Default Re: Help me find REDWOOD scent

Comme des Garçons Red Series Sequoia
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21804
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

In second Sequoia and add Palisander (from CdG Red Series, too)

Another Sequoia.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Yes. I am x-th CdG Sequoia and Palisander. Is mahogany a red wood, too? It is in CdG 2 MAN, too.
    Etro Mahogany perhaps?
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Another Sequoia.
    And yet another for Sequoia. You cannot do any better than this for a redwood scent. It's the next best thing to actually being there.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    [quote author=ajmc link=1126626157/0#3 date=1126628218]Another Sequoia.
    And yet another for Sequoia. You cannot do any better than this for a redwood scent. It's the next best thing to actually being there.

Jeff
    [/quote]

I just had to add my 2 cents and vote for Sequoia. Palisander would be my second choice. Test them Allen, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, Freedom for Him is a sporty woody floral and quite linear, so you'll never smell the redwood in this one. I love this frag nonetheless. Everything after that for Tommy is just an expensive spray-on detergent scent. I'm not including Tommy Bahama because that's a different line and focus.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Wow, thanks: I had never even HEARD of Comme des Garçons. It sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Agree fully with the Sequoia ... but you gotta watch! The first time I used a sample vial, I smelled EXACTLY like red mulch I put on my landscape. This is one of those that can be real easy to overapply. I have a full size bottle coming tomorrow from LuckyScent.

If you get it, light on the trigger!

I will chime in with CDG Sequoia but I haven't tried it in a long time.

Also consider B*Men. It has an interesting Sequoia note in it... when I tried it in a mystery scent challenge, I was able to pick it out the Sequoia although the person who gave me the sample did not. Lesson: you might not be able to pick out the sequoia in B*Men, or your skin might react differently to the scent. Try before you buy with this one.

Aside: there are a lot of frags with prominent cedar notes. You might want to consider them, but often the perfumer does not seem to carefully use cedar and it overwhelms the frag.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Thanks for the info, but I went to "Directory" and typed in "B*MEN" and a list of over 400 fragrances came up. Who created "B*MEN"? Maybe I can find it through it's creator. Also: has anyone tried Abercrombie and Fitch "Woods"? Here's a link: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120036.html It sounds wonderful: maybe it is cheaper than Sequoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home
    Thanks for the info, but I went to "Directory" and typed in "B*MEN" and a list of over 400 fragrances came up. Who created "B*MEN"? Maybe I can find it through it's creator. Also: has anyone tried Abercrombie and Fitch "Woods"? Here's a link: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120036.html It sounds wonderful: maybe it is cheaper than Sequoia.
    B*Men is from Thierry Mugler.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson