Code of Conduct

Default **UPDATE**Fendi Uomo???

I found a 100 ml for cheap of this old scent I wore when it first came out...even before that I was a secret admirer of its female counterpart.

Something was wrong with it...it was arid, dry, the spices hung on withered branches, with no hint of the musky notes to round out the fragrance. It was not the scent I wore back then. I think I got a bum bottle. Yeah this scent sure was an 'in your face' scent, but this batch smelled like I was punched in the face! This bit of nostalgia will remain in the vaults of my memory and not something I'll happily wear anymore.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Fendi Uomo???

I like Fendi Uomo. Smells very dry and "rough", with a slight sweetness to it. Leather and spice and everything nice!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    I found a 100 ml for cheap of this old scent I wore when it first came out...even before that I was a secret admirer of its female counterpart.

Something was wrong with it...it was arid, dry, the spices hung on withered branches, with no hint of the musky notes to round out the fragrance. *It was not the scent I wore back then. *I think I got a bum bottle. *Yeah this scent sure was an 'in your face' scent, but this batch smelled like I was punched in the face! *This bit of nostalgia will remain in the vaults of my memory and not something I'll happily wear anymore.
    It's a shame that your bottle does not meet your expectations. I recall a sweet dry leathery fragrance with great sillage, once your colleagues sniff this fragrance, they will immediately know of your presence.

This one is sure spicy, it is one of those "VFM" fragrances - Value For Money. Maybe you should give it sometime, I can't recall of any bad bottles being on the market.
    Let your nose be your pilot

I'm with you guys, this stuff really made your presence known, it's like leather biker meets jet-setting gentleman, but I'm seriously missing the musk notes in this bottle, otherwise it might be the Cuiron I wore earlier today that caused some sort of olfactory shock. Really possible my nose was feeling satisfied with the sweet sillage of Cuiron only to shock it with the bite of the weathered, distressed smell of Fendi leather...

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

It's a real punchy fragrance! Like a not-so-distant cousin of Givenchy Gentleman... Casual? Formal? It really smelled like both to me. At once refined and classy, at once rough and dynamic. I guess that's where it's magic lies...

As I imagine it, it's like wearing a cashmere sweater under a vintage leather biker's jacket...OHHH! <<lightbulb went on!>> That's pretty much what the fashion house is all about isn't it??? Not to mention the style of dress back then...Oh, DUH!!! [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I'll confess I wore this for a while. Caved in to the same bargain lure that got me Nobile. I really paid for my cheapness those days by smelling like the cheap cologne guy. Maybe if I wore shiny lime green polyester and hung gold chains on my chest. Initially intriging but shouts way too loudly and fits too well into the look of wood, marbled plastic world of the artificial. Budget rum with diet cola.

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound
    Budget rum with diet cola.
    That's an interesting observation [smiley=grin.gif]
    But yes! It does smell like that!

**UPDATE** As I don't recall how 'dry' this frag smelled, I managed to fix it with a little Jardin sur Le Nil, it's smell is now somehow revived and not like it came out of my spice rack.

I might experiment a little further and give it a sweet warmer edge by spraying Boss Soul with it or getting a bottle of Spark.

As for rootbeer, I don't smell any licorice or anise, but I know what you mean...but let's talk about the cumin and vetiver that creates that animalistic BO smell. It's not even about sexy anymore with this frag...it's borderline S+M [smiley=happy.gif]

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I'm getting used to this fragrance, Now I appreciate its spicy character and roughness, but It still smells a little bit like fresh oysters with cumin! [smiley=cool.gif]
    I can't think of it as a casual fragrance...Too classy and in your face, but no for everyone's taste...

Lord knows I've tried about 20 times to wear this fragrance but it is just too dry, woody and Pungent.

It gives the "bums rush" to the wearer as well as all within ten feet of him.

Having said that my favorite fragrances are warm and woody with a sweet amber and tonka base but I cant wear Fendi Uomo.

This stuff could be renamed Sex Panther. I think they must put real bits of panther in the juice. Ultra-masculine--and a little too much for the office. I enjoy it, but I found myself unable to find good occasions to wear it.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I think it smells better in the air than on the skin, or rather trying to breathe in the scent in full force, but one spray is enough to suggest the scent of new leather. I swear they had a summer or light edition once, but I could be easily relating it to Kouros. It's grown on me again, but the true test is giving it a public debut, but definitely not at work!

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: **UPDATE**Fendi Uomo???

Don't get me started on this scent its been one of my favorites since 1989. I myself am a huge fan of Fendi for women, I recall the official launch at Bloomingdales it was outrageously extravagant they just don't do launches like that any more. I know have a collection of the original actual perfume bottle which are very rare.

I loved how the women's version combined rose against amber spicy woods and deep leather. Very different scent. When they launched the men's version I was so excited and I was so happy they used the same spicy rosewood and leather as in the women's giving that signature Profumo Fendi effect.

I do feel that the version now has been toned down some its not as loud and has more of citrus punch in the top notes. Also the color of the fragrance was once deep dark amber syrup and now its much much lighter.

Wonderful bottle too! It's the passion of Roma.

Ok, that settles it, there is a difference from the version way back when, and strangely, why is my bottle showing the clear part as horizontal and not vertical like the ads you posted, scentimus??? I recall my old bottle as being horizontal too!

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Ok, that settles it, there is a difference from the version way back when, and strangely, why is my bottle showing the clear part as horizontal and not vertical like the ads you posted, scentimus??? *I recall my old bottle as being horizontal too!
    Back in the day when Fendi Uomo had it whole line up. The splash EDT came in the horizontal bottle and the spray comes in the vertical. Plue the aftershave came in a vertical but the sides instead of being dark were beige in color.