Code of Conduct

Default Is it possible to have just one fragrance?

Thanks to Renzo for inspiring this poll/question. I quote him as follows:

'I wish Junkie... almost every day I walk into a Perfume Store to check out the new frags... and if I find one I like, I buy it, use it 2 or 3 days, and then I want already something new...I'm so jalous on the guys who can do there whole life with one frag, so called signature...Seems my frag-hunger will never stop... *Ren'

So, is it possible to have only signature fragrance? To me it is incomprehensible. *But I await your musings and voting.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Default Re: Is it possible to have just one fragrance?

I voted NO. But I think one can do minimally with the following:

2 Scents: one casual, one formal

I am actually in the process of eliminating ALL extra scents and bringing my collection down
    to the most essential 5-6. Itls like giving away my children for adoption
    and keeping my most bloevd ones.

Gotham

I'd need at least 2--one for the office and one for going out. Of course, that's the absolute bare minimum. I'd say a realistic minimum for me would be somewhere in the 6-8 range.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

It's sure possible. All the people enjoying their signature scents all around the world are proof enough. You have to realize though, that here in this community there is a concentration of people you won't find anywhere else, who just are different in this case. LOL! That being said doesn't mean I couldn't go with just one scent. Actually I could live without any scent. That's the truth! Sure Fragrance is my hobby and I loove it, but it's not necessary or important at all. At least to me.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Mrs.Quack-Quack

I only use scents now and then. I have one that is fresh for the summer/warm weather: Eau du Coq (or: Blenheim Bouquet). And one for colder weather: Habit Rouge.

When I feel I should prove to myself I'm still fashionable and trendy, I sometimes buy another scent but almost always DUMP it after a few days because I can't stand it any more (too cloying, too artificial, too whorish ...). I should add that I don't like people (men or women) who are too heavily perfumed. I think that's vulgar. And charm and intelligence in a person are much more important anyway.

My 2 cents.

Graffham, I'm honored :-)
    non of us frag-junkies should answer yes...mayby only the people who doesn't care about perfume are likely to answer yes..and we won't find them on this beautifull site [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    For me is it, unfortunately, it is SO not possible..

I want to feel free to think it is. Although while I am personally against compulsive buying and collecting I always find myself owning at least 2 or 3 bottles.

Hi all,

I definitly wear one fragrance sometimes for years.
    It is not easy to find I must say but it takes one second and you know this is the one sounds like a love story but that is what it is isnt it !!!

It is also like a good old life companion that follows you for years

I wore Antaeus for about 15 years non stop without even thinking about changing It is still my favorite.

Today I am wearing Concerto by Fragonard it could be years of faithfullness !!!!

I do hope that some basenote guys have the same views as I do

Lets not forget that when you are faithfull to a scent and especially if it is an unusual one people around you will know you are there just by your scent and you will be also remembered by this scent
    Sounds romantic but that is what it is.

Laurent
    Invisible Power

I think for the population in general, one fragrance or perhaps only an aftershave is all people have. Most people are not fragrance-obsessed.

For Basenoters, chances are one fragrance is not in the cards because a lot of us have a ridiculous amount of fragrances. Maybe if all my fragrances were to become obliterated I would just wear Eau Sauvage. The problem would be once I logged back onto Basenotes ... the cycle would start again!
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I've done it, so yes, it's possible. But it's not as much fun.

[smiley=lolk.gif] NOT FOR THOSE WHO CRUISE THIS WEBSITE!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Well, monsieur Vicomte de K, as you said : we are basenoters !
    Way to go iMaverick !

I replied "no" but the idea to have one scent and that people would recognize me with it is pleasant, as Laurent said.

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

Generally speaking, it is possible. But not for me. I'm an addict.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Of course it is possible to have just one fragance. In fact, that's one more than the number of fragances a lot of people would have, were they not given them as gifts ;-)
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

There is no way possible for me to have one fragrance. One Fragrance House would not even be impossible.
    Gary

[smiley=cry.gif] *<----- me, at the thought of having just ONE fragrance
    David and Becca forever!!

it is impossible .it is like to have one only woman [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ciao

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    it is impossible .it is like to have one only woman
    Too true!!! [smiley=wink.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

I agree with some of the other posters--I love the idea of having 1 signature fragrance (I used to do that for years). Now my creed (no pun intended) is "Variety is the spice of life." I just enjoy smelling different things, the same way I enjoy eating a variety of foods.

But man, the signature scent idea sure is tempting...how would I choose just one, though?!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here
    [quote author=dino link=1126625892/15#17 date=1126713610]it is impossible .it is like to have one only woman
    Too true!!! [smiley=wink.gif][/quote]

Or one man...
    Griff

[quote author=Mrs.Quack-Quack link=1126625892/0#4 date=1126629817]I only use scents now and then. I have one that is fresh for the summer/warm weather: Eau du Coq (or: Blenheim Bouquet). And one for colder weather: Habit Rouge.

And charm and intelligence in a person are much more important anyway.

But your choice of fragrance is a reflection of your charm and intelligence though. And your choice of your fragrance wardrobe is a reflection of your considerable charm and ample intelligence.

Variety is a good thing because you never get boring and there is no possible way a person can only like one fragrance. With all the colognes that smell alike there have to be others out there that the "one cologne users" would like.

More than one!!

A good way to remain mysterious to a woman is to use a different fragrance once in awhile, it'll keep her on her toes...
    Let your nose be your pilot

For me it will be ideally to have only two or three fragrances and stick to them.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe