Code of Conduct

Default A few new Arabic creations

Mazaaj by Ajmal: Oriental/aldehydic. Comes in oil form. Think dark Chanel 5--cardamom, black pepper and patchouli. Unisex, though marketed towards women.

Motia A by Ajmal too. If angels would wear a perfume, this would be it. It's basically sandalwood and sambac jasmine plus a few other elements to enhance the harmony between the first two ones. Comes in oil form too.

High Prestige (silly name) by Arabian Oudh is actually *People of the Labyrinths*: bottle and juice. The Arabic trick is done with Cambodian agarwood. The result is a scent to die for. Comes in EdP strength, and says 'Pour Homme', but can be easily worn by women too. I personally prefer it to PotL.

Default Re: A few new Arabic creations

Can you suggest some good sites to buy Arabic perfumes? What are some of your favorite Arabic perfumes?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I've checked the websites for both the houses--Ajmal and Arabian Oud, and there was nothing worth looking at. I'm afraid there's no online source for you to buy these. Send them emails and tell them how sucky their websites are! I'm thinking of carrying a video camera with me one day to shoot many of these outlests.. maybe I can upload the MPG somewhere too, so you can see them at least..

I have met a few arabic men female and I must say they do carry those strong scent so well.

Not sure if a paler skin would carry this "weight" that well and make it as charming as them ???

laurent
    Invisible Power

Arabic scents are starting to become my latest passion of the moment. I saw an Oudh oil scent by the maker you mentioned on eBay. Didn't purchase because the area they lived in was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. The combination of incense florals and spice moves me like no other scents out there.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

http://www.branduae.com/brand_news_detail579.htm

http://www.arabianoud.com/english/en...duct.asp?ID=56

Links to product pix but zero info on High Prestige (see how the bottle has the same model of the People of the Labyrinths' one.. Save for the funny tray atop the cap!)

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    I have met a few arabic men female and I must say they do carry those strong scent so well.

Not sure if a paler skin would carry this "weight" that well and make it as charming as them ???

laurent
    I can't say that I make them charming but I find these scents suit me well. I think I qualify as "paler skinned".

What I found was the need to "educate" my senses. Our qualitative judgements as to good / bad or masculine / femnine are very culture bound. Eastern scents sometimes use ingredients that challenge those judgements. Repeated wearings of these scents, however, act to "bend" our perceptions.

What I found was the need to "educate" my senses. Our qualitative judgements as to good / bad or masculine / femnine are very culture bound. Eastern scents sometimes use ingredients that challenge those judgements. Repeated wearings of these scents, however, act to "bend" our perceptions.

[blue]This is, without doubt, the most eloquent and concise statement for openmindness I've seen expressed on Basenotes thus far. You definitely have my support and concurrence on this Setamp. Well said!

scentemental[/blue]

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Can you suggest some good sites to buy Arabic perfumes? What are some of your favorite Arabic perfumes?
    hi, this is a facebook link of ettar gallery where you can find some arabic fragrances with fancy bottles..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ettar-...517623?sk=wall

Quote Originally Posted by imhuzaifa View Post
    hi, this is a facebook link of ettar gallery where you can find some arabic fragrances with fancy bottles..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ettar-...517623?sk=wall
    There's something worrisome about this. You describe yourself as an online shop but there is no link to a website and no means to view or purchase your products. You only list an email address where interested parties can write to and ask for details and prices.

I'm not sure that direct promoting of self-owned businesses is allowed by Basenotes, anyway. Be aware that your message may be considered spam and removed by the moderators.