Code of Conduct

Default WEARING FRAGRANCES TO BED

Marilyn Monroe reportedly wore nothing but a few drops of CHANEL no. 5 to bed. Aromatherapy? Possibly.
    Do you spritz scents before going to sleep or is this such a boring thread it isn't worth replying to? [smiley=smiley.gif]
    Be brutally honest. About either of the questions.

Default Re: WEARING FRAGRANCES TO BED

I'd never use up my gallons of scents otherwise! [smiley=laugh.gif]
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I couldn't sleep without scent.

Griff
    Griff

I spritz something every night before falling asleep.

I always wear scent to bed as well unless I am having a serverly bad day with allergies.

Yeah, it's definitely to put me in a relaxed state, otherwise it's definitely to test it's longevity or the development of a scent. Not a full application, just a little on the back of my wrist.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I do this all the time.

By the way, there was a similar thread not long ago, so it's not a strange topic or an uncommon practice, at least among Basenoters.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Blog Entries

Guilty of doing this, too. Sometime my SOTE is nothing more than what I'm wearing to bed if I'm not doing anything that night.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I couldn't sleep without a fragrance. It's more important than wearing on in the day for me.

For the longest time I was afraid that detectable personal fragrance in the workplace was distracting and somewhat unprofessional and so to bed was where I used most of my fragrances.

I did when I first started seriously getting into fragrances, was purchasing new scents left and right like a maniac, and ALWAYS had something new to try, but haven't for a while now. Maybe I should start again; it is definitely a great way to fall asleep!

There's also something very pure about the way a scent evolves overnight when you're not mingling it about with clothes and cars and food and everything one encounters throughout the day. There's nothing like awakening to a perfect drydown.

I had never thought of wearing a fragance to bed, but it seems to be a popular trend here, I'll have to give it a try ;-)
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

never do that...maybe a litte bit scared over over-spraying, becoz of the chemical in perfume...
    But I do it on warm days, and only with YSL pour homme, haute concentration, the citrus is good against mosquitos ! (no joke)

Indeed, yes! Sometimes I wear frags before going to bed! If I'm not lonely [smiley=evil.gif] it's few drops of something sexy and masculine; if I'm lonely gender no matters, I let my taste chose freely!

@ IPaidForThisName, nice Stasis-picture. Also an (ex-) Magic player?

I rarely wear a fragrance in bed but I do occasionaly put a sample-strip next to my bed. I can really appreciate some fragrances more by having them close to me rather than to spray them on. I'm testing Rose Poivrée in this way for the moment and it's heavenly! Waking up in the morning with a light-spicy smell of roses... divine! You can also be sure that the smell is still there the next day in this way ;-)

I always do it. Especially with the ones I have that I like and don't want to get rid of, but wouldn't wear outside the house. It's the only way I'll use them.

A few that come to mind are Le Male, AdG, Piper Nigrum, and CdG Shiso.

I do this usually to try out the new things I've got, or just to sniff an old favorite.

When else can I wear Poison or Angel?

Quote Originally Posted by baron
    There's nothing like awakening to a perfect drydown.
    This could easily be the catchiest, most wonderful slogan for a perfume ad.
    Bravo!!!

I sometimes put just the slightest amount under my nose at night . Kind of like lightly spritzing a tester *strip then rubbing it gently in the moustache area. Souds strange but it works for me.

The 2 I use most nights are Santa Noble and Piper Nigrum . These seem to have more of a calming effect on me.

Also I will spray my wrist some nights in order to test the longevity of a particular scent. Usually something I've
    created . *This gives me an idea of the stability of a fragrances basenotes . If I can still smell them 8 hrs. later the next morning its usually a good indication of the scents tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    I'd never use up my gallons of scents otherwise! [smiley=laugh.gif]
    Same here! Before hitting ze hay, I spray once under each arm and once on my chest.
    David and Becca forever!!

I usually reacquaint myself with stuff I haven't tried in a while by wearing it to bed. I also wear "off-season" scents this way.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    I also wear "off-season" scents this way.
    Yes!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Yes and the perfume business knowsssssss they are selling a "pillow water" for the night.

But really our favorite scents are a much better choice.

And yes it is a great way to soothe the day past like AROMATHERAPY

laurent
    Invisible Power

It's probably wierd, but aside from spritzing my arms/wrists before sleeping for aromatherapeutic purposes, I also like to spritz two different perfumes and then compare them. Just to make sure I still love the 1st better than the 2nd. :exclamation

This is something that I do as well. My wife is OK with this as long as I spray something that is not real heavy.
    Many have said that Lavender is the scent that should be sprayed at bedtime because it has relaxing qualities.
    My wife likes to spray the sheets every once in a while. One of those fabric scents is based on Lavender. In fact they are called "Linen Sprays" or "Linen Fragrance". We had one from the Creed line and it was nice.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by duxie
    It's probably wierd, but aside from spritzing my arms/wrists before sleeping for aromatherapeutic purposes, I also like to spritz two different perfumes and then compare them. Just to make sure I still love the 1st better than the 2nd. :exclamation
    I do that too.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)