Code of Conduct

Default CAN I GET A TALL GLASS OF MILK WITH THIS PLEASE...

My samples of L'Instant came in the mail today (as well as my bottle of HL Cuiron, but we'll talk about that on my other thread). I barely could help myself from tearing the envelope apart and take a vial to my wrist...

Ah, the first spray...mmmm...the burst of grapefruit and delectable chocolate, it was nice,

Then, whoah-whoah, wait, wait!!!! I swear I almost blacked out. I was sucked in--deep, deep in to the recesses of this frag. I was drowning, gasping for some clean air. It's too thick! Not a complex frag, but it seemed to me similar to the charred, baked-on parts of a brownie pan!!!

This child of Guerlain is morbidly obese! He definitely needs to go on a diet!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: CAN I GET A TALL GLASS OF MILK WITH THIS PLEAS

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    My samples of L'Instant came in the mail today (as well as my bottle of HL Cuiron, but we'll talk about that on my other thread). I barely could help myself from tearing the envelope apart and take a vial to my wrist...

Ah, the first spray...mmmm...the burst of grapefruit and delectable chocolate, it was nice,

Then, whoah-whoah, wait, wait!!!! I swear I almost blacked out. I was sucked in--deep, deep in to the recesses of this frag. I was drowning, gasping for some clean air. It's too thick! Not a complex frag, but it seemed to me similar to the charred, baked-on parts of a brownie pan!!!

This child of Guerlain is morbidly obese! He definitely needs to go on a diet!
    I love it! That's fantastic! Yes, thick and a bit one-dimensional. I had hopes for something stranger and richer. Some tonka and civet, a touch of patchouli, a grassy vetiver...but no..."baked-on parts of a brownie pan". Excellent!

Maybe I'm missing something. I get a slightly sweet and transparent woody fragrance; nothing overly thick or sweet. I will revisit L'Instant, because the reviews I've seen are so polarized.

Hehe, I didn't mean the "baked-on" part to be anything foul, but I always remembered that the charred parts of some sort of baked goods smelled somehow sweeter than the dessert itself! I'll get a few more bites of this stuff before I call my dentist! I haven't given up on it yet.

Oh, and you're getting a review from someone who's been generally OD'ing on woody, spicy, green, and fresh scents. Don't worry folks, it's just me...I'm still tempering myself back to the gourmand and oriental scents! [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

iMaverick, apart of the thickness, does it smell the same? Since it's EDP, I can live with the fact that it's a bit more powerful but I absolutely lóve l'Instant and I was hoping of a version that would last a little bit longer. Do you think this is what I was looking for or is it too different?

Hmmm...if you can handle Pi and Le Male, there's no doubt you'll cherish L'Instant! The EdP will probably take it closer to Pi strength. The drydown on the EdT is rather quick, but maybe a bit more inviting and sensible to me, since I do appreciate more the sweet woods and ambery notes that lurk beneath the frag. And I should make it clear to everyone that I have samples of the EdT, not the EdP.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

ooooooooooh, so you're not talking about the new upcoming EDP? I was a little euphoric when I saw in another post that a EDP is going to be released very soon [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    I love it! That's fantastic! Yes, thick and a bit one-dimensional. I had hopes for something stranger and richer. Some tonka and civet, a touch of patchouli, a grassy vetiver...but no..."baked-on parts of a brownie pan". Excellent!
    Yup, i was expecting something more lavish myself. A combo of Derby and Imperiale perhaps, but i'll take the current L'Instant with a bit more body and longevity that the EDP should provide. Can't wait for its release too!

I wore it for the day, and somehow, I was disappointed at it's sillage and longevity myself. I was also very close to getting a bottle when I was sampling other stuff at Sephora today.

I've decided however it is a good scent! Perhaps EdP is the choice to go and I'll wait just a little longer for it.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I love this scent but am also a bit disappointed with the sillage and longevity. But if the EDP simply has more sillage and lasts longer, I will be totally happy. As a matter of fact, I would defintely rank it with Habit Rouge, Heritage and Vetiver, my other three favorite Guerlain fragrances.