Code of Conduct

Default Tell me about Geir

I just ordered this blind based on reviews and on the recommendation of Milamber who I hold in high regards (my fellow Oriental-scent fanatic). Could you guys tell me what it smells like? People say that it smells like Norwegian mountains which doesn't explain much. It's an EDP so I'm sure it lasts a long time. But how about sillage and projection? Does it turn heads or does it stay close to the skin? I'm almost ashamed that I don't own this yet as it seems that it is very popular here. Thanks again.

Default Re: Tell me about Geir

Tef, it's a really good one. It is subtle, though, so not a sillage giant. It lasts and lasts, and stays very friendly. What can I say? I really hope it appeals to you.

It gets praise here, without controversy. So its biggest fault is how perfect it is, I think.

It smells like a more refined and polished Pour un Homme by Caron since it is heavy to beautiful lavender. One could easily make it a signature scent.
    Best of luck. Let us know what you think after you wear it for a day.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Geir Ness.

Take one upland meadow in the sunshine where the grass has just been cut
    Dust with a thin blanket of crisp dry snow
    Add sunshine and let the snow dust start to melt
    Sprinkle with dry lavender petals and juniper berries

Bury you face into this and breathe in deeply.

Fresh, clean and green without the drone of hip aquatic ozone notes so common to most new scents.

Griff

Griff

I concur with everything Chris said. I'd also like to add that, at least on myself, I have to apply it very lightly. Spray too much, and the sweetness can become overwhelming and a tad cloying. Plus you have to remember it's an EdP strength.

All in all though, it's a great versatile fragrance that you can wear to work, and it will be still going strong straight to dinner.

#

[blue]An intresting little factoid about *Geir EDP*. I spoke to the people at Geir Ness Parfums, and they told me that the *Geir EDP* is at 17% strength. That's more than double the strength of most EDT's and at least 50% more than most EDPs. Needless to say, a little goes an extremely long way.

scentemental[/blue]

I think this one is great! Absolutely the longest lasting daytime/casual fragrance I've ever tried. I couldn't even tell you the notes in it. This is one you just spray and don't even think about it except to say "THIS SMELLS GREAT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Geir Ness.

Take one upland meadow in the sunshine where the grass has just been cut
    Dust with a thin blanket of crisp dry snow
    Add sunshine and let the snow dust start to melt
    Sprinkle with dry lavender petals and juniper berries

Bury you face into this and breathe in deeply.

Fresh, clean and green without the drone of hip aquatic ozone notes so common to most new scents.

Griff

Interesting description
    Let your nose be your pilot

I agree with the comments of DustB and Octothorpe. A nice, fairly innocuous scent. I think it's a deceptive one. One that tempts an overspray, at least for me, my nose seems to adjust to it quickly so that I'm not aware it's still there. Others tend to comment on it long after I think it's disappeared.

Cheers,
    Jim

I can't get a beat on this one. It reminds me a lot of neroli sauvage as that it's horredously fickle on my chemistry from day to day. At it's best it's a top 10 scent that is crisp and refreshing and has a lasting power that is second to none. Make Gendarme a bit more forceful and sharp and you're in the ballpark. There are some days though when it's horrid and turns rancid and smells like rotting flowers on me. I would like to wear this one more, because when it works, it's fabulous. However, much like the NS, it's not worth the risk. That being said you'll probably like it as many do. Heed Jim's advice as well as this one is a lot stronger than it appears when you first apply. Superb lasting power.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    I can't get a beat on this one. It reminds me a lot of neroli sauvage as that it's horredously fickle on my chemistry from day to day. At it's best it's a top 10 scent that is crisp and refreshing and has a lasting power that is second to none. Make Gendarme a bit more forceful and sharp and you're in the ballpark. There are some days though when it's horrid and turns rancid and smells like rotting flowers on me. I would like to wear this one more, because when it works, it's fabulous. However, much like the NS, it's not worth the risk. That being said you'll probably like it as many do. Heed Jim's advice as well as this one is a lot stronger than it appears when you first apply. Superb lasting power.
    I agree with all that was written above but Paul's comment stands out for me. When it's"on" it is amazing but it is fickle on my skin as well. No rhyme or reason to the fickleness but it is so rancid when it's off it makes me not want to wear it again....until I read all of the positive comments here. [smiley=happy.gif]

Eric

doubled, sorry

I think the above comments do well to capture the character of this scent. One thing I would emphasize is the duality between it's seeming lightness of the style vs. the strength of the EdP. This one never smells bad to me, but it can be overwhelming and start to seem cloying if overapplied, to the point of inducing headaches. The notes are all very "natural" but, if too strongly applied, ican feel strangely synthetic because those floral notes are relatively subdued in nature. They don't feel "right" when they're screaming in overdrive.