Code of Conduct

Default Creed MI versus Creed Erolfa

1) To me, Creed Erolfa smells very similar to Creed Millesime Imperial.

2) However, while Erolfa has a great staying power, MI is gone within 60 minutes ...

-> Do you share/agree with these observations?

Many thanks!

Default Re: Creed MI versus Creed Erolfa

I much prefer MI and it lasts at least 4 hours on me.

I see no significant similarity. MI is ok but I prefer the more off-beat Erolfa. The briny deep fits me better than melons.

I don't know about the similarity between the two, but as for going the distance, I find MI lasts all day with me. I usually find I need another squirt through the day of most things but with the delicious MI adding more would be overkill as it is still lingering long after I leave the office.

I don't find too much similarity either. Erolfa does outlast MI 100fold on my skin. I think Erolfa has many more synthetic/man made ingredients which ultimately help the longevity. Actually, I think it is the Creed that contains the least amount of natural ingredients out of all of them. Either that or the calone note is so overpowering that it's impossible to detect much of anything else.

Outside the "house note" of Creed, I find little else in common. I actually find their duration about the same, neither of which is all that outstanding.

Between the two, I prefer MI. I don't think they're that similar. MI is melony while I Erolfa is watery. With that being said, they both last no longer than an hour on my skin.

I guess they are similar in that they both evoke the sea in their own way, but to me they sure don't smell similar.
    Erolfa does last longer and has more sillage.
    Imperial is an amazing but short lived experience.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I mixed both of them together for an incredible experience. Highly recommended!

I'm another that doesn't find too much similarity.

I enjoy MI's opening more, but Erlofa has the better dry down.

I think I get more longevity from Erolfa, but both last at least 4-5 hours. Maybe more.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Dang! This thread is almost four years old.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    I guess they are similar in that they both evoke the sea in their own way, but to me they sure don't smell similar.
    Erolfa does last longer and has more sillage.
    Imperial is an amazing but short lived experience.
    Totally agreed!

Unforgivable Platinum is close enough for me
    so I would rather go with Erolfa
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

They both share saltiness of Geraniol and Ambroxan, as well as some of the thicker, waxier basenotes, but their overall character I find very very different.

I like Erolfa, don't like MI, and I find both of them to be very similar in that they both have an initial harsh, metallic synthetic opening accord, which is typical of many Creeds.

I used to wear MI (it was my very first Creed), and I found it to be insanely strong and long lasting. I could smell it all day, even when I wanted the scent to go away. I actually found MI to be so strong and cloying that I got sick of wearing it after about 6 months, and I threw the bottle away. Never bought it again. I know I'm in the minority with MI for longevity.

Erolfa is IMO the best marine scent I`ve tried. It`s like a salty sea-breeze. A sophisticated sea-breeze. I`m falling in love!

Last week my Erolfa bottle arrived, I loved it. MI is ok but I think Erolfa smells way better. MI has this metallic melony burst which can be annoying for some people but Erolfa is subtle, more masculine and totally inoffensive. I wish it had a little more staying power. I feel myself much more comfortable wearing Erolfa than MI
    Last edited by leto; 9th March 2010 at 11:21 AM.

A bit off-topic, but when we are talking about Erolfa.. What do you think of the new bottle-design? I think i maby like the old bottle best. It separates easily from rest of the creeds.