Code of Conduct

Default It came!! It came!! It came!! (Yang)

My Yang came!! super fast shipping. wow. ordered monday night, it's here today!!

OK. I love it!! But it was NOT was I was expecting.

It's quite a bit more oriental than what I was picturing. It's not so much tea as it is a tea SERVICE - with scones, jam, chai spices, cinnamon, clove?, mint, honey, cream, and...a touch of eucalyptus.

"Smoky" isn't the right word. It's more spicy. But gourmand spicy, like Hanae Mori, not pungent spicy.

It definately has a masculine, cologne quality but it's certainly unique as well!

Ricardo - definately different from Silver Mountain Water. Heavier, but not overwhelming. The spices give it a different edge.

It actually reminds me a bit of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, it's dry and sweet at the same time.

Conclusion: I like it!

Default Re: It came!! It came!! It came!! (Yang)

Knew you would! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    It's not so much tea as it is a tea SERVICE - with scones, jam, chai spices, cinnamon, clove?, mint, honey, cream, and...a touch of eucalyptus.
    Excellent description. WooHoo...another BN'er discovers the joy of Yang.

dr_spine

ok since i love SMW also, your excitement about this scent is making me want to buy this blind. should I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_spine
    ok since i love SMW also, your excitement about this scent is making me want to buy this blind. should I do it?
    I'd say yes!! HOWEVER - if you're looking exclusively for a tea-based scent, this may not be quite what you're dreaming of. The actual tea note, like tea leaves, doesn't come in to play until about 2 hours in. And even then, it's a bit faint.

I'd call it an oriental before I'd call it exclusively a "tea fragrance". But our tastes seem to be very similar (I looked at your wardrobe), as I like all of your "own" scents and quite a few on your swaplist, so I'd say go for it! And it's in high demand here, so if you don't like it, you can easily swap it out. And it's cheap! If you buy it online, it's about $30. They go for buy it now on ebay at around $20.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh. Thanks for reminding me. This is my sotd today and while I'm not a fan of SMW I adore this sent. To me, Yang does all the notes just right. Very different and exotic. I liked your description as a 'tea service'. Very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    My Yang came!! super fast shipping. wow. ordered monday night, it's here today!!

It's quite a bit more oriental than what I was picturing. It's not so much tea as it is a tea SERVICE - with scones, jam, chai spices, cinnamon, clove?, mint, honey, cream, and...a touch of eucalyptus.

"Smoky" isn't the right word. It's more spicy. But gourmand spicy, like Hanae Mori, not pungent spicy...

...It actually reminds me a bit of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, it's dry and sweet at the same time.

I'm a big fan of Yang, but personally don't see it as a gourmand. I generally don't like anything that could be classed as a gourmand (don't like HM at all, for instance), but I love Yang.

I agree with the description that it's dry and sweet at the same time. It DOES have a sweetness, but not in a way that is cloying to me, and it works even in warm weather. The tea note stands out (to me) more prominently, along with spice and wood, rather than the sweet foody notes.

Glad you're enjoying it!

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    [quote author=Ren link=1125502728/0#0 date=1125502728]My Yang came!! super fast shipping. wow. ordered monday night, it's here today!!

"Smoky" isn't the right word. It's more spicy. But gourmand spicy, like Hanae Mori, not pungent spicy...

...It actually reminds me a bit of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, it's dry and sweet at the same time.

I'm a big fan of Yang, but personally don't see it as a gourmand. I generally don't like anything that could be classed as a gourmand (don't like HM at all, for instance), but I love Yang.

I agree with the description that it's dry and sweet at the same time. It DOES have a sweetness, but not in a way that is cloying to me, and it works even in warm weather. The tea note stands out (to me) more prominently, along with spice and wood, rather than the sweet foody notes.

Glad you're enjoying it!

--Steve
    [/quote]

Oh, I LOVE gourmands. Hanae Mori is one of my favorites. I get a definite gourmand quality out of this. It's 100% fall - I swear I smell pumpkin pie. Mmmm!

I still haven't come across a strong tea note. Which is funny because SMW's tea sparked my interest to buy this. But I still like it!

Thanks for the info Ren. I quite like D&G Homme, the whole dry yet sweet thing, so that's kind of convinced me Yang would be more to my tastes then SMW was...just hope I get as lucky as you and manage to source one without breaking the bank!

dr_spine

just placed an order for a 1.7oz bottle! hope i like it as much as you do!

As a humorous side note Yang smells just like my grandmother used to when she had gotten dressed
    up and was going shopping or visiting friends.

She was an Avon Lady starting in the earrly 50,s and God only knows what combination of
    creams ,powders and perfumes she might be sporting on these occassions.

Shes gets all the credit for getting me started on this wonderful fragrance journey. She made sure I had my own colognes in all manner or quirky decanters by the time I was 5 .

If for no other reason I love Yang.

dr_spine

my bottle of Yang finally arrived! it does smell kinda like Hana Morae with the sweetness, but a little more subtle. i like it so far.... lets see how it goes by the end of the day and maybe a few more wearings. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]