Code of Conduct

Thread: Am I a Snob?

Default Am I a Snob?

I've been collecting fragrances, with various degrees of passion, for about 30 years. I love everything about this hobby. The design of the bottles, the anticipation of spraying a new scent, the "hunt" for a rare/discontinued scent, the excitement of finding something really special...decanting and trading...the whole experience.

I was at a local Macy's the other day and of course wandered by the "men's fragrance dept" and I was struck by how completely drekky the current scents are. I'd rather buy a 1/4 bottle of Jules than anything currently "popular." When I asked the SA if there was another fragrance store in the mall, she replied "Why would you want to go anywhere else?" I held my tongue, though a million smartass replies came to mind...then she says, "Oh, I think there's a perfume store down there, but they sell only OLD stuff!'

I could barely contain my happiness as I walked in to this place (where I found 3 bottles of Havana, by the way, and sold them to B'noters at cost for 39 BUCKS...by the way, to those who still want it, I'm still searching for more)...along with every scent in the world except the "modern" drek.

Then, I realized...I have over 230 bottles (including decants) in my wardrobe, and I don't own a SINGLE BOTTLE of ANYTHING made by:

Calvin Klein
    Versace
    Boss
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Claiborne
    Donna Karan
    Ralph Lauren
    Zenga
    Issey Miyake
    Giorgio Armani
    Kenneth Cole

and probably at least 5 or 6 more current, "popular" houses.

NOT because I necessarily mind wearing something current, or popular...I just don't like em!

I am not a niche snob, either. The vast majority of scents I own are designer. But they do have one thing in common--they are all older scents that the mall department stores, if they ever carried them to start with, have all long ago left behind.

I DO own some "modern" scents too that I think are quite good, or at least good enough to own. Two that come to mind are Burberry Brit and L'Instant, though the latter is far from the glory days of Guerlain's classic frags. But then, when I read a lot of good buzz about current scents like Very Sexy I and II and Fierce, I try them and just find them watered down crappola, or just very common.

I think, for me, it may be a matter of age. Despite many postings concerning the fact that "wear what you like," no scents are "old" or "young," etc., I DO believe that younger guys prefer "fresh" and older guys prefer formal. Not always, of course, and there are plenty of exceptions, but that's my thought.

I hate "fresh." I hate "aquatic." My tastes are pretty broad and I DO like a number of different types of scents--florals, leather, musk, tobacco, etc., etc., and I think my wardrobe proves that I like and wear a lot of different types of scents, but if I had to choose one category that I am partial to, it would be formal, heavier scents like MdM, Patou, etc., so I guess that's why so many of today's scents leave me cold.

Am I alone? Are there any scents from the houses I mentioned that are actually worth trying out? I mean, I HAVE smelled them, but they all just seem to leave me cold!

And that's where I am! Don't know exactly what bought this on, except coming to the realization that I don't own ANYTHING that's "popular!" lol! And I'm OK with it! I've accepted the fact that I'm an old fart and I'll reclaim my youth with my new 400hp screaming yellow GTO rather than a bottle of Eternity!

Default Re: Am I a Snob?

No, you're not a snob, just a discerning connoisseur. Just wondering, have you tried:

1. Calvin by CK
    2. Versace Versus
    3. Boss no.1
    4. Clairborne Spark
    5. DK Fuel
    6. Ralph Lauren Safari
    7. the original Zegna

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, you no doubt are as there are other U.K basenoters aplenty, but here the burberry label is synonymous with the lowest classes and so called chav' culture. Just a quick google bring sup plenty of forum quotes suchas this: Burberry has NEVER been nice. Once the domain of the fox hunter/Barber jacket types, now the face of the suburban flicknife brigade.
    Burberry = chav = no brain, no job, no life, no prospect, no hope.

Never the less I own Burberry Weekend, and Brit, and despite being ridiculed for it more than once, I care very little and am very keen to try Touch which I've heard is really rather good. I guess what I'm trying to say is social prejudce snobbery etc is someone elses affair, I wear what I like and to hell with the brands. So I don't think unless it's a conscious decision youve made purely because of the band name you have anything to worry about. As if to prove the point I'm currently wearing Cellini by Faberge...and it's wonderful stuff I must say!

I don't think it makes you a snob for not having certain brands in your collection. It just means you have discerning tastes. I have a wide variety, but in terms of what I wear most often and enjoy the most, I lean towards the niche side. I can't even say that I dislike the new Polo, Polo Black. I simply see scents in terms of ones I would prefer to spend my money on and those I do not.

But I do have to agree with the current mass of new releases are yawn inducing. I think there's just too many coming too close together, as is the case with Hugo Boss. I was at Dillards and caught the display for Polo Black and a gentleman came up behind me spritzing away Boss Soul. Mind you, it took me a few moments to put the pieces together: he was European (I'm guessing German), older (white hair), dressed nicely, and first spritzed Boss Soul then Del Mar. He could have been a relative for the guy in the original Balderassini ads. Nonetheless, he didn't work there--he was just trying to drum up business but there was just nothing at the counter that struck me as all that appealing.

Earlier this year I thought perhaps Herrera's Aqua was one of the better new releases. I'm beginning to feel like it's December and there aren't any worthy Oscar contenders released yet as I can't think of anything that has been released this year that has just been something that astounding.
    The Bark Bites Back.

The board never seizes to amaze me how many well-versed people we have here! Good read, Ballardbeau! Second Safari here (my SOTD yesterday).

If you're a snob than I'm a plebe, so I doubt any fragrance advice I give you would be useful at all. As far as CK goes, I will say that I do like CK One (of course I doubt you do) and I love love love Contradiction for women. Have never smelled contradiction for men. I also uhhh . .. may love CK Crave . . . but that's sort of a guilty pleasure. Judging by what you said I doubt you will like any of these, although Contradiction, although very "modern" smelling, is also incredibly heady. So, I assume the male version is the same. As I said before, I am a plebe, and proud of it, so . . .

I think CKbe is a great fragrance, the white musk throughout just makes it unique for a unisex fragrance, I can't think of anything even remotely like it.

For what it's worth, Ballard, I am right with you.
    I own nowhere near the number of bottles you do, but have developed similar tastes. I too have thought a lot about this divergence between the older, formal scents, and the fresher scents popular today.
    I do not blame my preferences on snobbery - I still wear Old Spice around sometimes. And there are some designer frags in my collection that I would never be without. But in general, I would rather eat glass than smell most of the stuff at the Nordstrom's counter. Maybe it is a generational thing.

Take Bvlgari, for example. I really like BluNotte and Black, but can't stand most of the rest. My brother-in law (early twenties) and I were out the other day and he mentioned that he loves Bvlgari Aqua, and can't stand their "darker" fragrances. A sample of one, I know. Quite unreliable, but representative of the general trend. (He still thinks I'm cool though due to my large collection of 70's and 80's punk records).

In the end, I think people just develop different noses, and prefer certain branches of the fragrance tree. Like we all get used to the music and foods that we are culturally accustomed to. Many cultures find our pallates bland, while we find theirs too spicy, rich, light, or whatever. Kids raised on A&F Fierce are not likely to immediately appreciate Ungaro III. Or something. No disrespect to those well cultured 17 year olds lurking here...

So, I used to get impatient or judgemental when some young whippersnapper would disrespect my precious Patou Pour Homme (Smells like old man!!). Now, rightly or wrongly, I usually just chalk it up to this generational thing.

Anyway, Thanks for your well considered thoughts on the matter. It's a tricky, twisty subject that I do not pretend to fully understand.
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

OK, it`s not a snobbery.
    When mainstream fashion mediocrity goes aquatic and fresh - and millions of people buys and wears that, there`re always men who don`t like to be the same as others.

But reasons are different.
    Some of us wants to be unique.
    Some of us regrets about masculine perfumes era of 70-80 years XX century gone by.
    Anyway - mainstream (or luxury, whatever) masculine frags loose their masculinity, didn`t they? It`s a disaster...

I never would buy Boss scents. They made for mass money, not for perfume art or any Great Idea.
    Versace and Hillfiger - maybe, maybe. But still not found something to keep in collection...

And I second
    Kalvin by CK
    DK Fuel or Unleaded
    RL Safari
    and Zegna Original
    They are just excellent examples of style!
    For Versace I`d better buy L`Homme de Versace.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

fascinating thread...really enjoyed the read

I wouldn't call having taste as being a snob....I mean, if being tacky was the only way to not be a snob...then snob me up baby.

To me, you might as well buy Michael Kors for men before Safari. I agree, though, on the sentiment that perhaps we like fragrances based off of our upbringing. My dad wore Old Spice religiously (but never heavily, oddly enough) so I actually prefer spicy and heavier (formal and older, or "disgusting" as my friends say) fragrances even though I'm only 19. Why live life half way, I say. I've never found the fresh fragrances to be bad per se, I find many mainstream aquatics to be appealing, but I can't bring myself to buy them.

Does it make you a snob? Sure. But wouldn't you rather be a snob then be the same?
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Snob:

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
    2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

I don't think most members of the board who profess to different tastes are snobs, since most of our discussions are respectful and cordial. In my latest hobby of wine, I've found many people think of it as being a snobbish world. My experiences have found both sides of the spectrum in wine tastings and shows I've been too, though most people aren't snobbish. I'm sure they are out there, we just don't cross social paths.

As for the houses you listed, I'm sure you've smelled most, but still I feel compelled to list my favorites from each of those where I do have one.

Calvin Klein - Obsession
    Versace - The Dreamer
    Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy T
    Ralph Lauren - Polo Crest

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo
    I think CKbe is a great fragrance, the white musk throughout just makes it unique for a unisex fragrance, I can't think of anything even remotely like it.
    I totally agree with you. I think I have to get another bottle of this. And I'm a bit of a snob actually.

I'm actually the opposite. I really dislike a lot of niche fragrances because for the price I expect so much more. There were many times when I tested them and just didn't understand what the hype was about. Sure I love the Millesime range from Creed but I personally feel that there are less prestigious scents out there that are better. To this day I still don't like any CDG scents. Most of my wardrobe consists of designer scents, some of which I would have gladly paid niche prices for because I enjoy them so much. Is there such thing as a fragrance snob? I honestly don't think so. We buy what we like and our tastes are subjective. I doubt any of us here are snobs because since I've joined Basenotes, all of my personal preferences on scents have been respected even though others disliked my favorites. A snob would ridicule me for liking scents such as Joop! or A*men. But not here.

No, you're not a snob, you're just bored with the current scents, *which you graciously describe as 'Fresh'--if anything, you're too kind. How about *bland, sweetly cloying, or acquatic tea & kelp *mondo bizarro?

I don't care for Farenheit but then again I don' t care for *Pascal Morabito's OR Black, it's just that when I go to a mall, *I'm much more likely to be bombarded with F and co. than OR and co. It gets a little tiresome.

Some mall scents which I really like are:
    Bvlgari Black
    Mont Blanc Individuel
    Caroline Herrera's 212 h20

Others which I'm not absolutely crazy about, but which do get compliments from frenzied females are The Pina Colada (Marc Jacobs) and The Fig Newton (John Varvatos)

After that it's slim pickings.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Excellent Ballard....totally agree with you!

The respect and general empathy that Basenoters have and extend to each other here is a sure sign that snobbishness finds little comfort on the board.

However, our enthusiasm coupled with the price of some 'Niche' fragrances might just dictate that we all be or act like Toffs..

G

A true test of fragrance snobbery?

Walking by a Hummer tester. And Hummer 2, for sure.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Great thread and one I can relate to. *I was wondering the other day what it was that reawakened my own interest in perfume. *I never abandoned it but on the other hand until I joined basenotes it was not quite so high on my agenda as it had been say 20 years ago.

I think there is a degree of nostalgia about it. *Not just trying to recapture my long lost youth but a sense that if a fragrance has been around perhaps 70 years (Caron Pour un Homme for example) you can somehow recapture a little of that era through the fragrance. *You can perhaps imagine the Prince of Wales wearing the same scent as he cut a dash in navy chalk stripe and Brown shoes! *You can be James Bond for a moment as you apply your Trumpers Eucris.

I suspect if we are very discriminating in our choice of scent then we are in most things....Is that snobbish? *Perhaps just a little [smiley=smiley.gif]

No....you are not a snob at all. But I will say that I do believe that you are missing out on some very nice fragrances. I do agree that the general public has no clue when it comes to fragrance. I agree that many of the new scents are blah. But there are also some very nice scents at the mall stores be it few.
    You must remember....we live in a over sensitive society. I sprayed Gio the other day and a women said to her husband "That's too strong". If Gio for Men is "Too Strong"? What would be their response to Gentlemen, or Heritage?
    I can only imagine what the reply would be to SMN"s. MPG's, or LV's.
    On the other side of the coin...I went in to our Brand New Sephora yesterday and I noticed that the Cartier Fragrances on the Men's side are cleaned out. Just a few bottles left. The public is hard to figure out.
    The problem with the market now is that the market is Dollars driven, Not fragrance driven. It's all about the money. Too bad!!!!
    Gary

Oh yeah, I had to revise my list of frags I do not own...I also don't own any Armani, Issey or Kenneth Cole!

I'm glad to see that there's been some general agreement that today's frags are kinda bland...that being said, you guys have given me some good suggestions and I'm definitely going to check them out.

Give an opportunity to this:

1-Donna Karan Fuel
    2-Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren
    3-Armani Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

others recommendations: Monsieur Givenchy.
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

It depends on how you define snob.

If a snob is someone who not only is overly selective, but also snubs others for their more ordinary tastes, then no, you are not a snob.

If, by a more general definition, a snob is someone who is overly picky and selective, who is more discerning than strictly necessary, then sure, why not? By this definition, I am a snob and proud of it!

Actually, I think that the difference between these two definitions is the difference between a snob and an elitist. Elitist just sounds so much better, don't you think? Elitists unite!

~Silk

Burberry has NEVER been nice. Once the domain of the fox hunter/Barber jacket types, now the face of the suburban flicknife brigade.
    Wow. You might not like the scent but the brand is hardly low life. *No life no job no prospect types aren't shelling out a $1K on a blazer or $650 on a cashmere sweater. *

I would not call you snob but probably torturing yourself for nothing

laurent
    Invisible Power

Discriminating taste and being a snob are sadly confused these days. I personally think you,ve come to the point in

your fragrance journey where you know what you truly love in a fragrance and could care less what the current

trends in perfumery are when they run in direct opposition to what you know to be great scents. ..It's a good thing.

[
    Others which I'm not absolutely crazy about, but which do get compliments from frenzied females are The Pina Colada (Marc Jacobs) and The Fig Newton (John Varvatos)

ahaha...that's funny!

I forgot Varvatos when I mentioned the mall scents I had purchased--L'Instant and Brit. Varvatos is pretty decent and my co-workers rank it very highly. Which isn't always the case. lol.

You know, I started this thread halfway expecting to be bashed a little. Not so much for being a snob, but for preferring "old man" scents over the new, fresher, zestier ones at the Mall! But after reading the responses I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasker
    [quote author=Ricardo link=1126063723/0#2 date=1126064587]Burberry has NEVER been nice. Once the domain of the fox hunter/Barber jacket types, now the face of the suburban flicknife brigade.
    Wow. You might not like the scent but the brand is hardly low life. *No life no job no prospect types aren't shelling out a $1K on a blazer or $650 on a cashmere sweater. * [/quote]

My freind you misread it. I love the Burberry fragrances. Those quotes are not from me but from U.K Internet boards, and display the very low image Burberry has in U.K. Sorry whilst it was once a great brand, here it DOES now in the popular mind at least, equal low life. It's become synonymous with the very lowest section of society, hooligans, teenage delinquents and the urban underclass. How do they afford it? Who knows, perhaps they buy cheap knock offs or they simply steal it. But that's the image it has either way. I have been criticised for wearing Burberry scents because of it's negative image 9which to me IS snobbery!) and certainly many clubs and nightclubs here would not allow anyone wearing burberry to enter. Sad but true.

[quote author=Trasker link=1126063723/15#24 date=1126116355][quote author=Ricardo link=1126063723/0#2 date=1126064587]Burberry has NEVER been nice. Once the domain of the fox hunter/Barber jacket types, now the face of the suburban flicknife brigade.
    Wow. You might not like the scent but the brand is hardly low life. *No life no job no prospect types aren't shelling out a $1K on a blazer or $650 on a cashmere sweater. * [/quote]

My freind you misread it. I love the Burberry fragrances. Those quotes are not from me but from U.K Internet boards, and display the very low image Burberry has in U.K. Sorry whilst it was once a great brand, *here it DOES now in the popular mind at least, equal low life. It's become synonymous with the very lowest section of society, hooligans, teenage delinquents and the urban underclass. How do they afford it? *Who knows, perhaps they buy cheap knock offs or they simply steal it. But that's the image it has either way. I have been criticised for wearing Burberry scents because of it's negative image 9which to me IS snobbery!) and certainly many clubs and nightclubs here would not allow anyone wearing burberry to enter. Sad but true.[/quote]

To give an example, a few years ago, pubs and bars would display signs on the door saying 'No Football Colours', to try and keep undesirables out. This has recently been added to with 'No BUrberry'.

Check out www.chavscum.co.uk for many examples. I think it is mainly the plaid pattern that is the big criminal though, this can be found in cheap knock offs and outlet Burberry sporty (caps, sweatshirts etc) stuff. The catwalk line by Christopher Bailey is a whole different ball game though, well tailored, excentric british couture. Great an ultra expensive. Sorry for going off topic a bit...

MMM

The new Buberry Brit, great fragrance though it is, does have the plaid trademark pattern in overdrive, so sadly is also fast becoming the ultimate chav accesory. Not that I have anything against them using quality fragrances, or will it stop me using it either, but it just means I must hide the bottle every time I get visitors or put up with childish sniggering and comments..(maybe I should change my freinds...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes
    To give an example, a few years ago, pubs and bars would display signs on the door saying 'No Football Colours', to try and keep undesirables out. This has recently been added to with 'No BUrberry'.
    Hahaha, that's brilliant. Like "no shirts, no shoes, no service", only with designer clothing.

Which reminds me of a hilarious but only mildy related incident: On a school trip to the southern end of North Carolina, we stayed in a very nice fairly expensive hotel that had a similar sign. However, instead of "no shoes no service", or even "No Burberry", the sign read "No Concealed Weapons."

Right. Because weapons in plain sight are completely acceptable. [smiley=grin.gif]

~Silk

Just had to post this example:
    http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/de...6e0fde478a8287

Ok, I'll quit now.
    /m

ah bless...lol

My freind you misread it. I love the Burberry fragrances. Those quotes are not from me but from U.K Internet boards, and display the very low image Burberry has in U.K. Sorry whilst it was once a great brand, *here it DOES now in the popular mind at least, equal low life. It's become synonymous with the very lowest section of society, hooligans, teenage delinquents and the urban underclass. How do they afford it? *Who knows, perhaps they buy cheap knock offs or they simply steal it. But that's the image it has either way. I have been criticised for wearing Burberry scents because of it's negative image 9which to me IS snobbery!) and certainly many clubs and nightclubs here would not allow anyone wearing burberry to enter. Sad but true.
    Thanks for the clarification. Interesting. I used to spend quite a bit of time in the UK although its been almost 5 years. I don't recall the associations then that you are saying but...what you are saying sound very muck like the Hilfiger (and even Vuitton) brand here. I know a few designers for Hilfiger and the co is in deep trouble. They have some very wonderful high end items in their "H" line but they can't get past the associations with the underclass that the brand engenders...esp the jeans line. I like the Tommy scent btw...but the brand is forever stuck below water.

Excellent parallel, actually. The nearby mall where I live is quite upscale (boutiques, NM, the like) and anything Tommy is shunned. Yet you go just five more miles to a different mall and Tommy is still huge. The difference is the demographic, which is drastically different between the two sites. The "fashionable mall" has alot of rich kids, bored out of their minds as well as people that just love fashion (and want to spend money accordingly), and a small dash of more mature people still wanting to enjoy the good clothes. The other "ghetto mall" has a much more blue collar population, where Robinson May and Macy's are considered the highest fashion and is inhabited by middle class, college students, and the gangbangers.

Amongst many of the "fashionable" (which is questionable in and of itself) Tommy now has connotations of being low quality, mainly from the large stint in the 90s when the hip-hop community suddenly embraced his work. It would seem Burberry has the same "criminal" connotations over in the UK now, which is sad in some ways but is rightly deserved. It's similar to French Connection, both make some good things but it is weighed down by the horrible crap that goes along with it (though FC made a slightly worse move when turning to FCUK).

Luckily none of my friends care about anything fashionable, be it clothes or fragrances, so my Burberry Brit is still safe. However, I'm sure that if I bought Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy...
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Ballardbeau, I think the verdict on the snob issue is clear--you're not one. I'd just like to chime in with a plug for a scent from one of your "don't own any" designers:

Black Cashmere by Donna Karan.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Awesome. Thanks Steve, I'll try it.

It's funny you should mention that one because several months ago I bought a bottle of it on ebay. When it arrived I noticed it was a woman's frag instead of a man's and returned it. I really didn't give it a chance, which I should have. There are men's and women's versions, right?

I've heard good things about this one.

Your not a snob but, with 230 fragrances, your just a colonge whore kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Awesome. Thanks Steve, I'll try it.

It's funny you should mention that one because several months ago I bought a bottle of it on ebay. When it arrived I noticed it was a woman's frag instead of a man's and returned it. I really didn't give it a chance, which I should have. There are men's and women's versions, right?

I've heard good things about this one.
    No, the women's version is the only one. However, this is one women's fragrance that is not only wearable by men, but arguably much more suited for men. Don't let the women's label put you off--Black Cashmere is mas macho than 99% of the "men's" scents out there.

--Steve

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

[smiley=rolleyes.gif] Very true! But do try to get hold of the discontinued Donna Karan Chaos also, similar to BC but added suede and more balanced - a masterpiece. Oddly enough also marketed toward women...

MMM

yes, you are a snob. [smiley=wink.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

No, you're not a snob. Everyone else is just an anti-snob snob.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

You don't even bother trying it because of the brand or it's associations=SNOB.

You try it and like it, but don't buy it or wear it because of the brand or its associations=SNOB.

You try it and don't like it so you don't buy it or wear it=NOT A SNOB.

Discuss.

--Steve

Snob is in the eyes of the beholder. Like fragrances, it's not set in stone ... it's an opinion.

Anyway Ballard, I'm really curious that in your 30 plus years of fragrance collecting, if you'ver ever tried DK Fuel. Maybe it's the snob in me ... but I find it impossible for anyone not to LOVE this one (although I'm sure some don't), because it's been my holy grail ever since it's release. I know it's getting harder and harder to find now ... and I just recently paid over $130 for a 2.5 bottle because I can't bear the thought of ever being without it. It's not as hard to find (or should I say impossible) as the Aramis Portos (Yeti) you've been seeking, but I think if you've never tried it, you're doing yourself a great disservice. It's silly, but I'm almost glad they did discontinue it because the chances of anyone else wearing it the same time I do are very slim.

Hey, ya know what ...

I'M a snob! [smiley=lolk.gif]

Wow! Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't tried it but I've read some good things about it here and I'll be on the lookout.