Code of Conduct

Default Candies EDT, any good?

Wanted a casual edt so just purchased candies blind from perfumebay along with bdp creed, as it's not availble in Australia thought it would be a fun buy..

Candie's by Liz Claiborne 1999 edt, theres not really any reviews out there about this one, so any comments would be welcome.
    thanks

Default Re: Candies EDT, any good?

works well as a room freshener....or to spray the linens.

Candies doesn't smell like a cologne to me. On my skin, it smells exactly like candy as the name implies. The top notes are watermelon, the middle notes are watermelon, and the base notes are watermelon. Get the drift? It's the best simulation of watermelon candy that I've smelled. My ex girlfriend loved it though.

just to explain: Candies is a ladies shoe line that's been around for a while, and was then bought by Claiborne, Inc....why the hell they launched fragrances is beyond me. They are usually available on the sale shelves of closeout shops in the states (the Maxx, etc) for about $4.99.

I typed in a bunch of notes that I like into the Basenotes Directory search and one of the few results returned was Candie's For Men... Anyone keen to *sell* it to me? *[smiley=cool.gif]

I prefer it to Curve myself, Yes very VERY sweet sugary and Watermelony, and probably very much for the 18-25 crowd, not sophisticated in the slightest but a good fun cologne, certainly not unpleasant and you will smell quite nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo
    I prefer it to Curve myself, Yes very VERY sweet sugary and Watermelony, and probably very much for the 18-25 crowd, not sophisticated in the slightest but a good fun cologne, certainly not unpleasant and you will smell quite nice!

i'd say more like the 12-15 crowd.

just kidding. it's alright. nothing to write home about. sugary, fruity. a tad similar to kenneth cole reaction, but i'd actually take the candies over the kc reaction because that one turns into such crap on me after 10 minutes.

logevity is sub-par.

supercat84

This is an awesome summer scent...exellent longevity and projection......cheap as well......give it a go!!!

I keep the Candies in my general rotation during the summer, but I don't fall into the 18-25 crowd.

12-15 crowd is about right. My friend wore it. I thought his car smelled like fish. It was Candies on him. BAD.