Code of Conduct

Default Arpége Pour Homme

Tried the new Lanvin this friday. The bottle and packaging is great so I was excited to spray it on. I instantly liked it but also immediately recognized it from something else. After about 30 seconds it hit me, Burberry Touch! I kid you not guys, they have poured that juice into a new flacon, and even the colour is identical... It did have almost the same longevity as well, so no need to invest in this one if you have or like the Burberry.
    This ripping off wave must end soon!

MMM

Default Re: Arpége Pour Homme

I am soooooooo DISAPPOINTED! I was expecting a godly creation from such a venerable classic.

[smiley=cry.gif]
    What a letdown...

You know they almost sound the same...

Arpege Homme ...concocted by Givaudan's Olivier Pescheux, has top notes of pink peppercorns, mandarin, bitter orange and neroli; a heart of iris, jasmine, maté and nutmeg, and a drydown of vanilla, tonka beans, patchouli, Australian sandalwood and rare woods.

Burberry Touch...violets and tart mandarin blend subtly with invigorating waves of white pepper, softened by the smoothness of Virginia wood and oak moss

Okay re-sampled today. Discovered some nuances side by side. The Lanvin is more warm somehow, slightly vanillic at the base. But the similarity is striking, much more IMHO then with Creed OV and Cologne. Might just purchase Arpége in the end after all, since I ´ve always liked Touch but never bought it + the Lanvin Flacon is great.

MMM

Where did you test this ? This is one I've been waiting for!!!! Hope that I'm not let down.
    Gary

At a local store in my town Stockholm. Iwas surprised too, cause we very seldomly get stuff to Sweden before, well, the majority of the world... If you like Burberry Touch then you´ll like this, if you haven´t tried that one then even better, cause it´s definitely a well made scent, albeit a copy.
    MMM

Saks Fifth Avenue in New york has it already

Quote Originally Posted by agml65
    Saks Fifth Avenue in New york has it already

really I have to give them call.

Thanks so very much...I'll give my Saks a check.
    Thanks again.....Gary