Code of Conduct

Default Nightflight and Relax: Opinions?

Guys (& gals):

I just located a store with Joop Nightflight and Davidoff Relax. Has anyone tried these? The SA won't let me open the sealed boxes to smell them, so I'd have to get them blind. My last few blind buys were a bit iffy, so I'm reticent about getting these without some opinions from my fellow BNers.

What do you think about these scents?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: Nightflight and Relax: Opinions?

I love Nightflight, although it's not for everybody. All my friends hate the stuff, haha.

It has a weird kick to it when you first put it on...if nothing else, it looks cool sitting on your dresser. [smiley=wink.gif]

EEEEEEEEEEK! To both I'm afraid.

Much yucksters.

Relax is kinda like a muted Joop Homme with added toilet cleaner.

CoL

Nightflight is a stomach upster it will give headaches to alot of people believe me on that some guy at my work place use to wear it, untill most people complained it made them dizzy.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I LOVE Nightflight! I actually had to get another bottle because of sentimental reasons and to know I have it on hand for nostalgia's sake! This frag has some sillage and lasting power! I'm calling it a sport fragrance. The reason people get headaches from this is probably because they're wearing too much of this. One spritz is enough, or spray it into the air and walk into it. Nightflight is very different of the Joop! scents I've sampled. It's lighter and not musky like the other scents. It's like Egoiste Platinum with heavier sweeter components. I appreciate the fact that Joop likes to make scents with long lasting presence with a young and sexy feel to it.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    It's like Egoiste Platinum with heavier sweeter components. *I appreciate the fact that Joop likes to make scents with long lasting presence with a young and sexy feel to it.
    So it's like a stronger version of Platinum with more longevity? If so then I absolutely have to get this stuff!!!

Hey teflondog,

That's what my nose tells me, but a notch heavier and with staying power. A little goes a long way.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I had Nightflight many years ago and gave it away.IMHO it's as crass as the infamous "pink one"(original Joop).Very very sweet and over powering.We all have different tastes and you may well like it,but I'd urge you to try and sample first and not buy blind.

Nightflight used to be my signature scent years ago. Definitely powerful and not for everyone, but I always got a lot of compliments for wearing it.
    I don't think that Nightflight and Relax are comparable. Relax is much more sweeter and and warmer than Nightflight, but the staying power of both is outstanding.
    Nightflight has very sharp (pungent at first) topnotes, maybe that's why some compared it Egoiste Platinum and is in general a much "colder" fragrance than Joop! Homme (use it in moderation and you'll see that it's not that bad), to me, Nightflight is a very refreshing and clean fragrance.
    Relax is mellow and sensual but has strong, almost medicinal topnotes, don't worry they fade away quickly.

It's hard to recommend one of them if you haven't got the chance to try 'em before you buy 'em, as both scents are typical "love it or hate it" fragrances. If you can afford it, get both. If you don't like Relax, you won't have a hard time getting rid of it, although Davidoff re-introduced the scent fragrance it's still pretty rare. And if you don't like the Nightflight, well, I might be interested [smiley=wink.gif].

Well, well, well...

It's funny you ask because I just broke down and purchased a bottle of Nightflight after not having worn it for years. A friend has a bottle and after he wore it one day I was really taken with the scent and the nostalgia and gave it a try myself. It's wonderful. A deep, rich base of amber and sandalwood complimented by a floral heart and a citrus top that includes pineapple and bergamot. To me, this is really not at all that heavy or loud. I might compare it to some of the MontBlanc or Dunhill fragrances, but fresher and, to my nose, more interesting.

Relax is another favorite from that same era - also deep and rich in the base, but much darker than the Nightflight, almost boozey...years ago when this was released, there was a GQ article that compared this to a fine well-aged cognac. There is a lot of leather and patchouli here, but it's surprsingly layered with a melange of other notes such as vanilla, benzoin, bay, tonka, amber - making this one of the king of the 90's oriental scents. Though not totally similar, Balenciaga Cristobal always reminds me of a somewhat more streamlined and simplified version of Relax. Relax is thick, sweet, heavy, powdery and absolutely a relaxing masterpiece!

As usual, thx for all the info! You guys always make fragrance shopping more pleasant!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Another big fan of Nightflight! It somehow always brings back memories of the nineties in a very good way for me. Highly original fragrance like its red Big Brother, but naturally much more wearable and great.
    MMM