Code of Conduct

Thread: Cannabis

Default Cannabis

Does anyone know of any fragrance that uses cannabis/hemp as an ingredient? I have this in an oil burner and it smells great.

Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by MrBen
    Does anyone know of any fragrance that uses cannabis/hemp as an ingredient? I have this in an oil burner and it smells great.
    You have cannabis in an oil burner? [smiley=shocked.gif]
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

You burn your weed for fragrance?!

No, this is cannabis oil, it smells nothing like weed...... so I've been told

What a waste [smiley=grin.gif]
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

That ad that pop up once in a while up top for Gothrosary.com has a fragrance that is listed as being cannabis scented.

I don't know what cannabis oil smells like, but I do know what weed smells like. With that being said, I think L'eau D'issey smells like a lot like medicinal marijuana. DISCLAIMER: Different breeds of cannabis have a different smell so it is subjective.
    (I can't believe I'm posting this)

I can't believe marijuana is still illegal in America.

How dumb we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mikediscoli
    I can't believe marijuana is still illegal in America.

How dumb we are.

.... and I really wonder how mankind would be today, if they had replaced alcohol in society with marijuana 60 years ago. There would be an improvement I'm sure.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Yvan

Trumper Eucris might fit the bill. *I'm pretty sure they don't use cannabis oil in it, but the last time I smelled it, it reminded me of doobie smoke: smoky and like burning herbs, with some wood and maybe a slight leather note in there. *I'm going on memory here. *Funny...ever since I smelled it, my memory hasn't been so good...I wonder why! *

Anyway, I could've sworn that the first time I sampled Eucris, it was like a milder Bel Ami, a little spicy but with pronounced leather and wood and maybe a slight herbal note. *But the last time I sampled it, it was "harsh, man." *Maybe the fragrance I sampled the first time wasn't Eucris, but I could've sworn it was from either Trumper or Truefitt & Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    [quote author=mikediscoli link=1125857068/0#7 date=1125860490]I can't believe marijuana is still illegal in America.

How dumb we are.

.... and I really wonder how mankind would be today, if they had replaced alcohol in society with marijuana 60 years ago. There would be an improvement I'm sure.[/quote]
    Haha no we'd all be sitting on our asses watching cartoons every day and driving 40 on the freeway...I live in Oregon and I'll leave it at that on whether or not I'm a user [smiley=wink.gif] anyway it would be worth nothing if it was legal and all of those hard working dealers would be out of a job. A scent that smells like weed though...maybe Kenzo to a little extent?

Goth Rosary makes a cannabis scent called Heathen. It can be found here:

http://www.gothrosary.com/fragrances.cfm

The alternative is bong water.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp

The alternative is bong water.
    Don't spill the bong water! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    .... and I really wonder how mankind would be today, if they had replaced alcohol in society with marijuana 60 years ago. There would be an improvement I'm sure.
    Ahhh! Bite your tongue. I'd never give up my wine and Champagne habit...not to mention the nectar of the gods Guinness.

I get the point though and am one who doesn't partake anymore, but think it should be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBen
    I was told the real pot pourri made by Santa Maria Novella featured hemp and assuming the EdT is of the same formulation...though I'm not 100% sure of that and there is no way you'll find that documented...nice scent either way.

Maybe this is exactly what you're looking for. Found it on ebay. Flashback! Unisex! Works for both! LOL!

decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I remember someone posting way back about Parfumerie Generale Coze having this note. I have this but I don't get that in this fragrance.

I think i read somewhere the Black Afgano has cannabis in it but its very expensive £110 for 30ml and from what people seem to be saying - its not worth the money.

L'Eau Guerriere
    Cannabis by Il Profumo
    Hungry Hungry Hippies

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

There is an essential oil of cannabis sativa flowers that is widely available and is produced mainly for the perfumery market. Depending on the cannabis variety it can be either virtually free of THC or high in it - the latter would not be legal in the UK but the former meets the Home Office rules and can be sold freely.

I understand however that the essential oil does contain the aromatic substance (caryophyllene oxide) used to train dogs to sniff out illegal cannabis . . .

Hemp oil is different - that's made from the seeds and is used in cooking among other things - it has no appreciable aroma.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

May I suggest Omniscent from Yosh, not loved here but I enjoy it immensely.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    There is an essential oil of cannabis sativa flowers that is widely available and is produced mainly for the perfumery market. Depending on the cannabis variety it can be either virtually free of THC or high in it - the latter would not be legal in the UK but the former meets the Home Office rules and can be sold freely.

I understand however that the essential oil does contain the aromatic substance (caryophyllene oxide) used to train dogs to sniff out illegal cannabis . . .

Hemp oil is different - that's made from the seeds and is used in cooking among other things - it has no appreciable aroma.
    Interesting... I'd think that any decent oil would necessarily have to be high in thc. Low-thc plants tend to have a much more green, vegetal, grassy, chlorophyll-like smell. A high quality drug cultivar has a much higher concentration of terpenes, and THC is a very similar molecule, so separating the two would be difficult. Also, a properly cured high-quality strain will have little to no green, grassy or hay-like smell to it. It is possible to find such a plant, but this characteristic was deemed negative and bred out of most of today's cannabis strains, along with smells reminiscent of halitosis, skunk, bad BO, diesel, gasoline and some others. From what I've heard, varieties with the diesel/fuel smell are actually getting very popular, and many people like the skunky smell, which was all but eliminated from weed bred in Holland.

Ha, I only resurrected this because this new addition on fragrantica looked cool

You could always tincture it...Not that I would know anything about this at all. No sirree.

Hemp & Leather on a guitar pick. My interest is piqued.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Neither would I..... honest guv!

Hemp and leather would have you all strummed out.

MOUNTAIN HIGH by Smell Bent.

I would absolutely love a perfume that has the wonderful hay-like smell of hemp rope, which is nothing like the smell of marijuana.

I think it used to be grass oil by kismet that smelled like that. Very very hard to get hold of now thought. Like gold dust.

Have you typed it into the ingredient directory yet to see what comes up?

I see that Hermitage have just added Cannabis sativa EO to their Trade List - it does not seem to be on the website yet but I expect it will be there soon.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

I infused a rather large bud in just enough perfumers' alcohol to cover. When the alcohol turned green, I repeated with another bud and then a third. I dried out the used buds and used them successfully for other purposes so I surmise that the active ingredient perhaps isn't soluble in alcohol but the aroma ingredients (of the raw cannabis, not the smoke) are. The tincture is bright green and has the aroma of freshly cut cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by James Peterson View Post
    I dried out the used buds and used them successfully for other purposes
    Lol...... Not 'off your face' but off with your face ..........

Black Afgano by Nasomatto supposedly has cannabis in it. Some say they can detect it while others can't. Either way, the frag smells great.