Code of Conduct

Thread: FarenHeit

Default FarenHeit

Wow I am so excited to find this forum. Although I have been collecting for sometime I definitely need to learn a lot. I already ordered a sampler of several scents that have been discussed in this forum and I am not acquainted with. Some of my information:
    My daily has been for many years Farenheit and I have always gotten compliments from ladies
    I also have worn on and off Armani (original), Givenchy Eau de Gentleman, Tuscany, Quorum and Cartier Pasha.

I am looking to replace Farenheit and was looking for 2 quality fragrances to start with. One for Casual (To go with Tommy Bahama shirts etc) and another for evening ware.

I found a very unusual fragrance "Marc Jacobson". I was looking for Tropical scent and boy it just fits the bill.

I havn't found an evening fragrance. Someone suggested Amouge Ciel which was okay but I am still searching. It may sound silly but I am looking for something unusual that will stand out from the rest. A little heavy and mysterious.

I am learning a lot from the experts, hope you can give me some direction.

Default Re: FarenHeit

Hey longnose,
    Regarding Fahrenheit, when you wore it, did you ever perceive a gasoline note or a smokey fuel note. I seem to get that when I wear it. Not that it's bad, but I wonder if any one else perceived it as well.

Anyway regarding a new direction for your fragarnce collection.
    I suggest,

Tabarome Millesime, Anteaus, Santos and Michael Kors.

Quote Originally Posted by mason
    did you ever perceive a gasoline note or a smokey fuel note. I seem to get that when I wear it. Not that it's bad, but I wonder if any one else perceived it as well.
    I totally get the "gasoline note" in Fahrenheit, along with sort of leathery hint underlying it. I've described it as just burned with gasoline leather jacket sort of element. I've no idea where it comes from, but totally dig it. Another cool weather scent I'm looking forward to wearing again.

Now back to the original post. First, welcome to BN longnose, glad you joined. If you are looking for a "tropical" scent, I'd suggest sampling Calypso Homme. It's a bit sweet and fruity, which is why I traded it, but still a nice scent and very tropical.

For an evening scent that is heavy and mysterious, my first thought was Ungaro III. A very resinous, dark, damp and earthy scent. You'll see a few recommendations of it in the recent rose thread scent. A very masculine use of rose.

Yes I admit that the initial note is overwhelming kind of like smokey fuel but it settles down to a warmer note great for winter. For some reason it reminds me of Christmas. Possibly because of some note of the Pine trees.
    Thanks for the hints I will test Ungaro III and Calypso Homme. I have ordered several samples so you will see me again once I try them out. I

Quote Originally Posted by mason
    Hey longnose,
    Regarding Fahrenheit, when you wore it, did you ever perceive a gasoline note or a smokey fuel note. I seem to get that when I wear it. Not that it's bad, but I wonder if any one else perceived it as well.

Anyway regarding a new direction for your fragarnce collection.
    I suggest,

Tabarome Millesime, Anteaus, Santos and Michael Kors.

I interpreted it as a persistent moss note or an incense note...but I gotta agree with the Antaeus, Santos, and Michael Kors...I'll also throw in Kouros and DK Men--definitely DK Men!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Fahrenheit

"Heavy and mysterious" made me think of Angel, the "female" Edp version, that is. You should also give Lolita Lempicka au Masculine a try. *[smiley=thumbup.gif]

The initial gasoline/diesel fuel smell put me off right away. Never tried on it because of that first smell.

Welcome longnose from a fellow Fahrenheit fan. It's one of my all-time favorites, and I only discovered it recently. Heck, I recommend sticking with it!

I agree that Marc Jacobs is a great "tropical" scent. For something casual to wear with a Hawaiian shirt, you may also want to test L'Eau Par Kenzo, Eau d'Hadrien, Floris Summer Limes, and Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. Rochas Aquaman, Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Aqua Motu, and Kenzo Pour Homme are also very "tropical" smelling.

For a mysterious evening scent, why not try Chanel Egoiste? A lot of women adore it. [smiley=smiley.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoaru99
    The initial gasoline/diesel fuel smell put me off right away. Never tried on it because of that first smell.
    Me, too! Fortunately, my brother-in-law loves it.

Jeff

If you like Fahrenheit you should Defo! get Bois Du Portugal by Creed it lasts Loong and smells great, I dont have it because unlike Green Irish Tweed its hard to find it on the cheap.

I think its only me but the a part of the fresh notes in Fahrenheit always reminds me of Carrots, just to make sure i am not crazy what do you guys think?

"...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Thanks Guys, for sometime my wife has been giving me a hard time saying that I have more fragarances then her and that is somehow gayish. Anyways I am glad I found this forum while surfing aimlessly.

Incedal: Interesting now that you said I could smell some Carrot like signature in Farenheit. I ordered a sample of Du Portugal by Creed. Thank you for the recomendation

Scentsei: Thank you for the recomendations I will try those. I also tried Paul Smith the other day and it also permeated a very tropical fragrance complete with some coconut undertones.

I also tried Bulgari Blu Notte. Very interesting and somewhat unique. It's a definitely a night time fragarance. If anyone has had the opportunity to try that let me know what you think. It has a little of powdery fragrance to it but there is a lot more to it.I can't really describe it.

One more I tried was Cartier Fraicheur Menthe. It started with a nice Minty kind of tone but an hour or so latter appeared to somewhat deteriorated to somewhat a stinky undertone. I tried a few times with same results. I gotto return it.

Thanks again Guys, this forum is wonderful.

for something deep and mysterious I'd suggest Amouage Memoir Man.

Memoir Man is great but I think longnose is longgone....