Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Versace Blue Jeans--opinions?

I just got a 2.5 oz bottle of Versace Blue Jeans for $15. At first I thought "Wow! What a clean-smelling fragrance!" Now I'm not so sure--something in the drydown throws me off. I still like it, but it's not wowing me like it first did in the store.

What do you guys think about this fragrance?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Versace Blue Jeans--opinions?

This is the very first fragrance I had the pleasure to call my own. That was in 1994 and I still love it.

And you're right, the drydown is a little bit "dirty". The sweetness combined with the fresh and clean citrus notes and that certain amount of filth (woods and spices I think) makes it a very enjoyable fragrance. I'm just surprised that they seem to sell it for almost nothing everywhere (I payed [ch8364]19,95, now I've seen it for [ch8364]13,90). Is it about to be discontinued? That would be a real pity...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you. First whiff, WOW... but I found the drydown to be so cloying on me it went into my swap/giveaway box immediatly never to be tried again. There it remains.

Post Thanks / Like

On me the drydown smells like a powder bomb. It reminds me of women's foundation makeup.

Hate this one ...

hate ...

hate ...

DEEP HATRED!!!!!!!

I my cousin use to wear this, it was bad the drydown is terrible and its far Tooooo sweet.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I personally think this stuff is great for the price. It's an interesting, almost feminine scent to me. I personally would not have a problem with a girl wearing it, in fact i let my bestfriends gf try it once and she loved it. I bought it for my best friend bc I knew she liked it(on guys, not just herself) and he has received TONS of compliments on it. I've also had a fair share of compliments from this one as well.

how about baby blue jeans? is this better than blue jeans or is this trash as well?

Quote Originally Posted by docjason
    how about baby blue jeans? is this better than blue jeans or is this trash as well?
    I've only smelled it once, but it just smelled like a ligther version of Blue Jeans, and without the dirtiness, so I'm going to go with you'll hate it if you think Blue Jeans is trash.

I love this frag, but not right at the beginning when it smells like high class baby oil! Baby Blue Jeans smells like baby oil...PERIOD!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Baby Blue Jeans is specifically aimed at children. Seriously.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)