Code of Conduct

Thread: Xeryus Rouge

Default Xeryus Rouge

Been seeing this scent quite often through various stores recently, but never really though to give it a chance. For some reason I looked at it like it was, well, I'm not sure. Either way, Finally got around to actually giving it a taste, er, I mean sniff.

This is one of those rare scents that to my nose makes me want to immediately try it on when I smelt it on the paper. Most of the time scents to me don't smell all that great until you actually get a chance to smell it on someone, but this was different. I immediately put some on, and waited to see if that open notes of juicy sweetness would settle at all.

It remained juicy, almost edible even, but a slow woodiness filtered up. It lasted on my the entire rest of the day, was able to tell it was there quite easily and wasn't offensively strong at all.

Over all, a very good find in my book. I could imagine this during the fall to winter area.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: Xeryus Rouge

I've always wanted to try this one since many have compared it to Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge. How would you describe this scent? Are there any fragrances similar to it? I'm curious about it but none of the stores I know have it in stock. Thanks

The opening notes of the very new Givenchy Very Irresistible for men are like Xeryus rouge. I'd recomend that one. They are both very alike but I like Very Irresistible more.

Xeryus Rouge is indeed a great winter scent. Personally, I think it's a little bit too cloying and sweet in the summer.
    I found out that this a fragrance that smells wonderful on some people while it's truly disgusting on others. Not everyone's skin chemistry can handle this fruity, sweet bastard, I think. Although the fruit notes fade away quickly, the sweetness stays and becomes only a little fainter after some hours. Did I mention the staying power? On me it lasts extremely long.
    Great scent, but I have to be in the right mood to wear it, otherwise it causes headaches and nausea.
    If I compare it to Very Irresistible for men I don't get a lot of similarities. O.k., I have to say that I sampled VI only three times so far and only one time on skin. What they have in common is the sweetness, but to my nose, XR smells more fruity in the beginning and VI has this interesting sesame-mocha note which makes it a little darker and rougher.
    The image I see when I smell XR is a dimly (red) lit bedroom filled with plushy pillows and red satin and velvet, while VI produces the image of a stylish, but also dimy lit, living room with black leather and stainless steel furniture

Xeryous Rouge is one of my favourites. I love the top notes (very similar to Jacomo Rouge and very irresitible for men). Is my debility. (but a lot a basenoters hates it)

Take a sniff of Xeryus Rouge and then sniff Brit for women they are very much like kissing cousins.

Worst...scent...ever.

Seriously. In a wardrobe approaching 230 bottles, this is my most hated fragrance, hands down. Wretched, nasty, and just unwearable. Only LeMale comes close. I gave away my bottle and would have paid the guy to take it from me had he asked.

To those who like it, more power to ya.

I still like it. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] VI was also very good (have it on right now) but don't like it quite as much as the Xeryus Rouge. I'm not always a big fan of Givenchy but this is definately a keeper.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Worst...scent...ever.

Seriously. In a wardrobe approaching 230 bottles, this is my most hated fragrance, hands down. Wretched, nasty, and just unwearable. Only LeMale comes close. *I gave away my bottle and would have paid the guy to take it from me had he asked.

To those who like it, more power to ya.
    if i read your words.. i think in Le Male, make me sick and awful fragance.. horrible !! [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

One of the first scents I smelt when I started my obsession, I fell in love with it at first sniff and I still love it. If you like Xeryus Rouge, check out Mont Blanc Individuel. It is a very different fragrance from Xeryous Rouge but is similar in its development of fresh-fruity-sweetness.

Try Escada Sentiments for men.

My alltime favorite ......

Unique due to the kind of fruit notes used, and very powerful. Those who "hate it" usually apply it like others, but you can't. I have a few mini bottles and I'm still near the top of the first, because you only need a few tiny dabs. If anyone wants to sample this, I have a couple of minis I could swap or sell. What I like about it: unique fruit character, powerful (sillage and longevity), how it flirts with a gourmand quality, and how the wood comes through later. It can have a synthetic quality, but I've found that a couple of dabs to the chest and a dab to each wrist keeps that from becoming a problem (remember, tiny dabs!).