Code of Conduct

Default which is your best sillage fragrance?

my top ( not niche) are:
    1 ) bulgari extreme fesh and strong sillage
    2) dolce e gabbana another great sillage and longevity
    3) l'eau d'issey bleue

..... after there are others fragrance that I don't like but with a strong sillage
    ciao

Default Re: which is your best sillage fragrance?

chanel allure homme produces a lot of sillage on me, even when i cover it up with a shirt

Guerlain Heritage
    Creed BdP

And...Amouage Dia. This one follows me for miles!

My favorite sillage-meisters are:

Guerlain Heritage
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver
    Le Dandy by D'Orsay
    Trussardi Uomo
    A*men

If I had to pick an absolute favorite sillage... [smiley=undecided.gif]...I can't.

Jeff

Hanae Mori

Well scientifically it is the

Chypre notes familly that leave the best/stronger sillage

laurent
    Invisible Power

You want sillage? Here's your sillage!! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Opium PH EDT, EDP

Santos Concentree

Iquitos
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Sandalwood, The Art of Shaving
    Creed GIT
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I actually try to avoid sillage. I only want people who are really near me to be able to smell my fragrance. So I never use a lot of fragrance.

Every morning when I go to school I have to travel in a bus that is absolutely STUFFED with young people. Appearently, all of them love extreme amounts of sillage. It's only 5 minutes travel but try to imagine that.

I actually started a thread on this topic a few days ago so you might want to try doing a search. But anyways, my heavyweight sillage fragrances are:

1. Joop! Homme (People have smelled this when I already left the room)
    2. Mugler A*men
    3. JPG Le Male
    4. Laguna Homme
    5. D&G Pour Homme

Guerlain Heritage
    Iceberg Twice

Caron Pour Un Homme
    Givenchy Pi
    Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme
    Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Guerlain Heritage
    Jaipur Homme EDP
    Laura Biagiotti's Roma
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Creed Vintage Tabarome
    Zizanie
    Old Spice
    Canoe
    Versace L'homme
    Elizabeth taylor's Passion for Men

This is the majority of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    Caron Pour Un Homme
    Givenchy Pi
    Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme
    Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Guerlain Heritage
    Jaipur Homme EDP
    Laura Biagiotti's Roma
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Creed Vintage Tabarome
    Zizanie
    Old Spice
    Canoe
    Versace L'homme
    Elizabeth taylor's Passion for Men

This is the majority of my collection.
    Mike, I've been wearing Caron PUH for the past 2 days, I do not detect any sillage, although I detect a faint smell when I sniff my wrists, maybe I'm leaving a faint trail behind? what's your experience concerning this?
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I actually try to avoid sillage. I only want people who are really near me to be able to smell my fragrance. So I never use a lot of fragrance.
    Sometimes it has nothing to do with the amount of frag.

I can wear quite a bit of Creed Imperial with almost no sillage. While only a couple of squirts of Heritage or BdP leaves a visable trail around my building at work (kind of like in an old Warner Brothers cartoon where the fumes comming off of a boiling pot of food will become a hand and pull Bugs Bunny toward it).

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    [quote author=minilomaniac link=1125589609/0#8 date=1125604730]I actually try to avoid sillage. I only want people who are really near me to be able to smell my fragrance. So I never use a lot of fragrance.

I can wear quite a bit of Creed Imperial with almost no sillage. While only a couple of squirts of Heritage or BdP leaves a visable trail around my building at work (kind of like in an old Warner Brothers cartoon where the fumes comming off of a boiling pot of food will become a hand and pull Bugs Bunny toward it).
    [/quote]

Yes, it depends onthe frag too. I only have 4 fragrances at the moment and none of them are powerful enough to give sillage if I use them without applying too much. One of the problems is that fragrances that are powerful enough to leave sillage by normal use will almost certainly cause me a headache too. So I usually just pick fragrances that aren't too powerful. Egoiste/E Platinum and Live Jazz are some of the ones that seem to last forever on me and with a lot of sillage but they also hit my head like a hammer. I don't really know why.

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    [quote author=MikeFromManhattan link=1125589609/0#11 date=1125607965]
    Mike, I've been wearing Caron PUH for the past 2 days, I do not detect any sillage, although I detect a faint smell when I sniff my wrists, maybe I'm leaving a faint trail behind? what's your experience concerning this?
    I find it a powerhouse. Very strong, lasts 3/4 of the day and has a strong sillage. It smells strong to a person I am with across a table in a restaurant. It must not work on your skin. What if you spray some on your shirt and test it?

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    [quote author=phersurf link=1125589609/0#13 date=1125609553][quote author=minilomaniac link=1125589609/0#8 date=1125604730]I actually try to avoid sillage. I only want people who are really near me to be able to smell my fragrance. So I never use a lot of fragrance.

[/quote]

Yes, it depends onthe frag too. I only have 4 fragrances at the moment and none of them are powerful enough to give sillage if I use them without applying too much. One of the problems is that fragrances that are powerful enough to leave sillage by normal use will almost certainly cause me a headache too. So I usually just pick fragrances that aren't too powerful. Egoiste/E Platinum and Live Jazz are some of the ones that seem to last forever on me and with a lot of sillage but they also hit my head like a hammer. I don't really know why.[/quote]

With scents like these you have to use a different method of application. If you want to avoid getting a headache, then try spraying your chest before putting on a shirt. Also spray the back of your neck so when you walk, you leave a trail without the scent aromatizing to your own nose. This one is a good sillage tip.