Code of Conduct

Default Celebrity Fragrances

Hi there,
    I have just tried Paris Hilton for men and it is surpisingly good as I thought that this would be all about the name and not what is actually inside the bottle. It has a very strong melon note followed by chopped parsley and orange. Maybe Paris likes greengrocers, I don't know.
    How much input do you think these celebs have on the scent itself and are there anymore endorsed by celebrities that are worth trying or avoiding?
    MrBen

Default Re: Celebrity Fragrances

For some reason it puts me off a bit when there is a celebrity involved in the fragrance. Sorry, that was not an answer to the question, but I guss they have to like it at least. Manifesto by Isabella Rosselini is the only celeb-perfume I´ve ever bought, but I couldn´t really associate it with her appearance.

Most of the time the celebs really aren't involved with a given fragrance, and the scent is developed to basically use their image and make both the distributor and celeb money. You think a celebrity would develop a scent for the reason that they couldn't find anything like it on the market, but that's not how the industry works unfortunately.

It's rare, to me, that any scent is ever really bad, but most are just not great. I can't really think of anything on the market right now that uses a celeb name that I really truly want.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

The new fragrance "Cumming" actually sounds quite good, and Alan Cumming was involved in its creation, I believe.

A coworker gave me a bottle of the Donald Trump fragrance, and I'll be damned if it isn't pretty decent.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I doubt if Michael Jordan has anything to do with any of his fragrances. I could be wrong though. But I agree that having a celebrity endorse a scent kinda puts me off.

Well lookds like COTY has got a long list of celebrity waiting

If even Celine Dion goes to COTY well there are young girls waiting to buy

Personnaly there is nothing flatering by wearing a Celebrity scent it will be as "cheap" as PARIS HILTON and it does smell cheap Put your nose in a bottle of "Celine" and you will see.

The only thing important here is the celebrity is getting richer so does COTY.

We should be quiet happy guys appart from Alain Delon no celebrity male wants our money.

Tom Cruise has not yet put his name on a fragrance.

But shall we tell Tom Cruise that if one day he decides to go this way dont go to COTY go "straight" to Jean Paul Gaultier he will sort him out and yes perfectly marketed look at the succes of Le Male !!

Laurent

Invisible Power

I admire a lot of celebrities and their work... but I wouldn't buy a fragrance with his/her name on it...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

When my Son brought this home I was shocked at how nice this scent smelled. This is not for me of course....and yet I would not mind giving this a spray just for fun. Probably one of the better celeb scents so far.
    I'm not sure how much "say" the celebs have with these scents. Puff Daddy,or is it P Diddy or is it.....whatever....that person has a fragrance that will launch soon and I do believe that "He" had some say in the making of the scent. The scent sounds interesting and I will give this a try.
    The one that I would avoid IMHO is True Star Man.... There is nothing True about this scent. There is nothing about this scent that points to a star....and to add Man to the name....Well...As most of the sales associates have said....this belongs in Wal-mart.
    Antonio Benderas has a scent out that is a nice scent. Can be found at the Drug Stores and places like Target....Nice scent.
    Gary

I think most celebrities put out fragrances simply to have their name on one more thing and to increase their publicity. If a celebrity really had a lot to do with creating the fragrance, then I would be much more interested. Marketing schemes, sigh.

That having been said, regardless of whether or not a celebrity had anything to do with the creation of the fragrance, my willingness to try a fragrance depends upon WHICH celebrity. SHOOT me in the face before I wear anything with Paris Hilton or Britney Spears' name on it. However, if someone classy like Catherine Zeta Jones or Sir Ian McKellen were to release a scent then I'd be devlishly excited to at least give it a go. And I've always meant to try out that Isabella Rosselini fragrance, because she's amazing and she had it made as she wanted it.

~Silk

Quote Originally Posted by SilkandSteel
    I think most celebrities put out fragrances simply to have their name on one more thing and to increase their publicity. *If a celebrity really had a lot to do with creating the fragrance, then I would be much more interested. *Marketing schemes, sigh.

That having been said, regardless of whether or not a celebrity had anything to do with the creation of the fragrance, my willingness to try a fragrance depends upon WHICH celebrity. *SHOOT me in the face before I wear anything with Paris Hilton or Britney Spears' name on it. *However, if someone classy like Catherine Zeta Jones or Sir Ian McKellen were to release a scent then I'd be devlishly excited to at least give it a go. *And I've always meant to try out that Isabella Rosselini fragrance, because she's amazing and she had it made as she wanted it.

~Silk
    I agree that it depends on which celebrity's name is on the scent. I certainly wouldn't want to wear a cologne by Jim Carey. [smiley=grin.gif]

Alain Delon is really a celebrity brand, although he's not a celebrity in the US so I don't think of it the same way. Fashion/jewelry brands are not THAT far removed from celebrity endorsements.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    ...Tom Cruise has not yet put his name on a fragrance.

But shall we tell *Tom Cruise that if one day he decides to go this way * *dont go to COTY * go "straight" to Jean Paul Gaultier * he will sort him out...
    Tom Cruise going "straight" to Jean Paul Gaultier is the greatest idea since sofas came cushioned.

Male celebrity scents:

Cumming

True Star for men

Aramis Life My Summer

Carlos Santana

(there was one more but I forgot it)

The Carlos Santana is supposedly launching later this year, perhaps October or so but I ain't got no information on it. Sorry.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.