Code of Conduct

Default Fasten your seatbelts...Hummer H2

Well, I just tested Hummer H2 today over at Elder-Beerman.

It's, well, interesting, to say the least...smells like a lighter FM Musc Ravageur (the cinnamon and bergamot) with a dash of Bvlgari Aqva's aquatic notes thrown in. Not too bad, actually, and a step up from the original Hummer.

Anyone else tested this?

P.S: I also got around to testing DKNY Be Delicious Men...yuck. [smiley=tongue.gif]
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Fasten your seatbelts...Hummer H2

This is one of the very few scents I would never buy based on its name alone. There is no excuse for this vehicle on civilian roads, imho, and I certainly wouldn't want to wear a fragrance named after it! I wouldn't care if it were the 'holy grail' of scents.

Hummer is a decent scent.
    If H2 is better...then I'll most likely get it too.
    I don't care what the name is....if it smells good on me...then I'm wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent
    This is one of the very few scents I would never buy based on its name alone. There is no excuse for this vehicle on civilian roads, imho, and I certainly wouldn't want to wear a fragrance named after it! I wouldn't care if it were the 'holy grail' of scents.

The Hummer H2 is just a normal SUV.... I don't see what other roads it would belong on? I just don't get it....

Smells close to Musc Ravageur! WOW.. Will check it out first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent

I couldn't agree more with you. I think cars made in the US should be required to get at least 20 miles per gallon. Maybe 25.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    [quote author=iluvscent link=1125537913/0#1 date=1125578335]This is one of the very few scents I would never buy based on its name alone. There is no excuse for this vehicle on civilian roads, imho, and I certainly wouldn't want to wear a fragrance named after it! I wouldn't care if it were the 'holy grail' of scents.

The Hummer H2 is just a normal SUV.... I don't see what other roads it would belong on? I just don't get it....[/quote]

Nissan Xterra = 17 mpg
    Hummer H2 = 9.6 mpg

Tried this...did not care for this. Sorry... I really do not care what a scent is named. If I like the way it smells...I will consider the purchase. If I don't like the smell...well..there is nothing to consider.
    If we want to govern what type of milage a car or SUV or truck gets....what will be next? Will you try to govern how much electricity a 5 bedroom house uses compared to a 3 bedroom house?
    Some homes have 2 furnaces...do we look at these homes the same way that we look at the homes with only one furnace?
    Fragrance? Are we going to tell people when and how much they can spray? Yes... I'm afraid this is already happening.
    Freedom....That's what the good Ole U.S.A. is supposed to be about. Freedom.
    If someone wants to drive a vehicle that gets 9 miles to the gallon...Go ahead and be my guest....I'd rather spend my money on things like Food, Friends, Music and of course Fragrnce. My 2 cents worth.
    Gary

Nissan Xterra = 17 mpg
    Hummer H2 = 9.6 mpg

ďFor typical travel on improved roads between urban and resort areas, users report mileage of between 14 and 17 miles per U.S. gallon (mpg)Ē [Wickpedia.org]

There are many American SUVís that are also in the same gas mileage range as the Hummer H2. I donít see why the Hummer H2 has no place on civilian roads. Does gas mileage dictate what car can be on the road? If so, why hasnít the EPA stepped up to the plate? If the people truly wanted this vehicle off the road, then it would be off the road.

Society has advanced leaps and bounds in the last few decades in terms of emissions standards and control. That H2 you are so offended by still pollutes MUCH less than ANY carbureted cars that a large chunk of Americans still drive.

The Hummer H2 is not an ďIconoclastĒ; itís just an easy target. There are much more viable options to combat reliance on fossil fuels and pollution. Since these environmentalists and Ecoterrorists seem so hell bent on forcing their will on others, letís go the whole nine yards!

Letís make commuting to work illegal. I know a few members here who drive several hundred miles a week to work. I know they use more gas that Soccer Mom who drives 5 miles a day in her H2. What are we to do about these evil commuters?

Why are people allowed to travel? Road trips are almost the equivalent to murder at this point. I spent over 1,000 dollars in gas on my last road trip. That road trip took me a few weeks. It will take Soccer Mom over a year to spend that much on gas with normal day to day errand driving.

Letís take the average commuter. Weíll call him Joe. Joe is an average American with a 9-5 job. He canít afford to live in the big city where he works, so he lives 45 miles out of town. Joe has money problems, like most Americans. He lives right below the middle class, and he is a victim of the widening class gap that we all have to deal with. Joe couldnít afford a brand new Prius to save on gas, let alone a Hybrid, so he ends up with a 1994 Toyota Corolla (32 MPG, which is actually very good). Heís consuming so much more gas than the average civilian; in fact, he surpasses a good chunk of Hummer H2 drivers in terms of gasoline consumption. Should we burn his car? Should he not be allowed to drive?

We canít forget about the real threat to our environment here: Air Travel. Air travel does more damage than any amount of Hummer H2ís could ever do. Airplanes arenít even designed with conservation and pollution control in mind. They are the worst offenders to our environment.

I propose we ban all travel. People donít need to leave their states, and if they really do, they can apply to the Federal Government to get papers allowing them to leave for an allotted amount of time. Maybe the Government, along with the EPA, should take over and control the entire automotive market. I canít imagine a better way to implement environment saving standards, can you? I also hope, one day, that the Federal Government can also control jobs, so no one gets a job outside of their local area. Imagine that: No more commuting. No more consumption. The Government could also control how much gas you could use for heating your home. That would be so nice.

Hmmmmm. Wait a second. I have a better idea: You could shut up about the Hummer H2.

Fighting the Hummer H2 is like trying to put one band aid over 10 gunshot wounds. We need find an alternate fuel source. Until that day, there are bigger fish to fry than the Hummer H2.

I wouldn't care about the name Hummer. But I may have an issue wearing something called "Be Delicious"!!

OK wow IPaidForThisName, setting aside the fact that you've just committed about 5 logical fallacies in your argument (straw man fallacy? slippery slope fallacy? both present), Iluvscent does not deserve to be told to "shut up" simply for expressing his opinion. Calm down. I happen to have a different opinion than he does, and a different one than you do, but all opinions, if not equally valid, are nevertheless equally welcome and tolerated. I think you should be a little more polite in expressing your disagreement.

~Silk and Steel

The debate regarding SUV's etc. should be moved into a new thread in the off topic discussion section. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    Letís make commuting to work illegal. I know a few members here who drive several hundred miles a week to work. I know they use more gas that Soccer Mom who drives 5 miles a day. What are we to do about these evil commuters?
    Thank you, IPaidForThisName.

I drive a GMC SUV and live 1.6-1.7 miles from work, depending upon where I park in the lot. I purchased it after my last car was totaled when someone turned left without looking while on my way to work, and I ended up with my transmission inside the car. I buy fuel so infrequently I can't recall any schedule, and a low fuel light means the next three or four days. I've had to replace tires due to dry rot. Nevertheless, we SUV owners get the comments, stares and pontifications.

As for the cologne, I don't care for it, however I think was a marketing choice to capture a segment of the market and must have been a commerical success if there's now a successor. OCC even has cologne out and my son would go nuts for it, if only for the name. For that reason it would be worth the purchase, regardless of the juice, just for the smile it would bring. In the end, H2 or Hermes, we do it for the smile it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkandSteel
    OK wow IPaidForThisName, setting aside the fact that you've just committed about 5 logical fallacies in your argument (straw man fallacy? slippery slope fallacy? both present), Iluvscent does not deserve to be told to "shut up" simply for expressing his opinion. Calm down. I happen to have a different opinion than he does, and a different one than you do, but all opinions, if not equally valid, are nevertheless equally welcome and tolerated. I think you should be a little more polite in expressing your disagreement.

~Silk and Steel

First, my post was directed at Ren. Ren stated that cars from the US should get at least 20-25 MPG. I wasnít trying to make a deductively valid argument, and even if I did make a flawless logical argument, weíd be sitting here arguing the premises, which we would never agree on anyway.

A topic such as this one will never have a winner. I was merely stating my opinions and feelings on the issue, not presenting a logical argument. My reaction may have been strong, but the issue has become rather serious*. Yes, we all have opinions, and I havenít prevented anyone from voicing theirs.

* http://www.fuh2.com/
    * http://www.smirkingchimp.com/viewtop...39&forum=4

I like the new H2 (fragrance that is). It starts fresh then gets very warm. I've been getting a lot of complements on it.

As this is teetering on getting political and the tone is quickly taking a nasty turn, I'm going to ask everyone who has continued issues regarding this to take it private.

Sounds very interesting, but I doubt it'll come out here though.