Code of Conduct

Default The current "I smell it everywhere"

I currently smell "Armani Black Code" Everywhere I turn I smell it, On the bus,in bars, friends,at work ..ect.

I am in London, so whats the current thing everyone wears where you live?
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: The current "I smell it everywhere"

Le Male!

It's either Curve or Acqua di Gio here on campus.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

cK One!!!

The only one I regularly smell in the streets, stores and subways of Manhattan is Dolce Gabbana PH.

Would have to be Gio for Men. The girls like this....they buy it for their boyfriends and husbands....Some women buy it for themselves. I must say that this scent does smell good. Works better for me than Issey. Issey turns real floral on me...yuck. Gio works when I need a clean fresh scent.
    Gary

Am I the only one that finds AdG sickeningly gross? It's just so uber-smooth and it cloys and it's just a mess if you ask me. Whenever I smell this I just get physically sick. Does anyone else feel this way?? I think it's just a badly made perfume. The notes don't blend, it's just a big old heap of musk and wood and it's usually overapplied, and it just gets to be such a disaster.

Maybe people who don't have experience with fragrance have never noticed this? I really don't understand why this sells so much.

Anyway, that's definately the big one right now.

Acqua di Gio and A*men.

I dislike ADG, but keep it in my collection anyway in case I'm ever unexpectedly single again any time soon ..though I totally fail to understand why the female of the species do seem strangely enamoured with it, it's a dead cert that never fails to gain a favourable result, even if it is used by everyone and their mother.

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme.

Everywhere. used to like it, but now it just kind of makes me sick. This summer has been too hot for this frag, and folks just overdose on it.
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Dior Fahrenheit and Chanel Allure.
    Southern Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    It's either Curve or Acqua di Gio here on campus.
    I got my Curve a week ago, but i do not get whats the hype about it, I got it because of all the postive reviews. but it does not smell that good and i don't know maybe its my bottle but to me it smells warm and soapy.

AdG and stuff like Issey I understand but Curve? is it only popular in the USA? in the UK its rare.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Well Modesto has a little bit of that Napoleon Dynamite, rural time-warp, The-Land-That-Time-Forgot vibe to it.
    You smell a lot of Drakkar Noir here. *Not kidding.
    LOL!

The thing about Miami isn't that a lot of guys wear the same thing, it's that a lot of guys wear **a lot** of cologne. The men I know who wear cologne **hose** themselves with it. (Alas, I'm among that group.) I've smelled Kenzo PH, Kouros, and Le Male in public recently--I think Miami's relatively heterogeneous scent-wise.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

It's still Aqua di Gio. Gahh. I find it nice, but ridiculously ubiquitious. But even if it weren't everywhere, it would still be just "nice".

~Silk

here in Belgium, the Flanders, its still AdG and Le Male...I understand that the girls like them, but Jezus...to much is to much !!

Quote Originally Posted by renzo
    here in Belgium, the Flanders, its still AdG and Le Male...I understand that the girls like them, but Jezus...to much is to much !!
    It's the same here in Denmark. Also Lacoste Style in Play and L'eau Dissey are very popular. But hey, at least all the rest of us smell "special" then when wearing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Well Modesto has a little bit of that Napoleon Dynamite, rural time-warp, The-Land-That-Time-Forgot vibe to it.
    LOL!
    The year on the time Machine is 1982

Blog Entries

A&F Fierce in the gay bars in Kansas City.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Here in Tampa you might get the impression that the only fragrance sold is AdG...

Right here, you can't go wrong if you say one of these 4: Polo, Azzaro, Kouros or Lapidus...

Yesterday I smelled Dunhill Desire Blue on six different people at my college campus. I always thought this scent wasn't very popular with the normal crowd so I couldn't figure out why I smelled it on so many people. When I was at TJ Maxx today, I saw a lot of Desire Blue bottles on sale. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City
    [quote author=Coleman link=1125491841/0#12 date=1125509129]Well Modesto has a little bit of that Napoleon Dynamite, rural time-warp, The-Land-That-Time-Forgot vibe to it.
    LOL!
    The year on the time Machine is 1982 [/quote]

You got it, exactly! *Land of the Lost here. *Some Modesto cats are still working the pink polo shirt with the collar turned up and the Vuarnet shades. *Oh wait -- that's me! *LOL!

I've actually smelled ADG a lot, but the latest crap to rear it's synthetic head has been the two Kenneth Cole scents.

RL Romance Silver and Gendarme....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    I've actually smelled ADG a lot, but the latest crap to rear it's synthetic head has been the two Kenneth Cole scents.
    Ughhh...now that you mentioned it, my dorm residence director loves Kenneth Cole Black. That, and Hugo, are his faves.

Time to try to turn him on to other, better smellies...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Hugo, Le Male, Issey Miyake

Don't worry eventually everyone will get used to the smell of AdG and no one will be able to smell anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    [quote author=MFfan310 link=1125491841/0#2 date=1125492927]It's either Curve or Acqua di Gio here on campus.
    I got my Curve a week ago, but i do not get whats the hype about it, I got it because of all the postive reviews. but it does not smell that good and i don't know maybe its my bottle but to me it smells warm and soapy.

AdG and stuff like Issey I understand but Curve? is it only popular in the USA? in the UK its rare.[/quote]

lol incedal I thought exactly the same thing..'damn must be the bottle', because surely this run of the mill, faint fairly unexciting scent just cannot be the same thing so beloved by our cousins across the ocean, the top ten best seller!...maybe Curve just doesn't travel well.....

I smell Polo Blue around me most of the time. It's usually a newly discovered aquatic around here that starts a buzz, but only usually after a girlfriend's approval.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Suddenly, a majority of the girls in Norway have decided to wear DG Light Blue. Sometimes I also smell Pure Poison, DKNY Be Delicious, Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez.

Guys wear Le Male and Hugo. +50 guys wear Hugo Boss #1.

Acqua Bvlgary
    Boss in Motion Blue and Green Edition
    and other watery-airy frags...

Instead of it I`m using heavy leather and vetiver, dense Serge Lutens and Bandit... And I like that!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lagloriacubana
    Suddenly, a majority of the girls in Norway have decided to wear DG Light Blue. Sometimes I also smell Pure Poison, DKNY Be Delicious, Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez.

Guys wear Le Male and Hugo. +50 guys wear Hugo Boss #1.
    Swden holds a lot of DG Light Blue and DKNY Be Delicious too. And Gucci Rush 2.

not everywhere but popular LE MALE .vilnius
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

in Ottawa, Canada... I smell a lot of:

D&G Light Blue for Men
    Dior's Fahrenheit
    Chanel Allure
    Polo Double Black (often on sale here)
    ADG
    Armani Code
    Burberry Brit
    Boss Bottled
    JPG's Fleur du Male (always over-applied)

a.

Basenotes Institution

D&G Light Blue for Him [sigh]
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Azzaro - Chrome is on the rise here in Lexington.

Here, on men:
    Sweat and funk!
    Anything aquatic/ozonic... Lanvin Oxygene, L'eau d'Issey, ADG and such..
    And also: Le Male, Hanae Mori, A*Men, D&Gph, Curve, Armani Code or Attitude, and Unforgivable.

On Women:
    Anything sweet and fruity..
    Escada Island kool-aid punch something... Britney Spears' Fantasy, Jennifer Lopez's Luxe, any of the Victoria's Secret body sprays, especially Sweet Temptation and Love Spell.. and anything from Bath & Body Works.
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 8th January 2008 at 01:03 AM.

One of the strange things about living in New York City is that I rarely smell fragrance on anyone. Can you imagine if everyone here wore fragrance?
    2 years ago the one fragrance I seemed to notice quite a bit was Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
    These days, I think I'm the only one suffocating people in the crowded elevators.

I smell alot of Double Black on young guys, and Aramis on the older gents here in my building.

ADG and Polo Blue.

Obsession, Cool Water, and AdG. About 80% of men don't wear cologne where I live, but for the ones that do, 99% of them wear one of those three. Occasionally, you bump into the niche ones, but for the most part, that's it. Good for niche guys like me

- Cool Water
    - Aqua di Gio
    - surprisingly CK One
    and unfortunately, CKin2U (I was wearing that before the advert schemes started!)

Quote Originally Posted by LostboyR View Post
    Here in Tampa you might get the impression that the only fragrance sold is AdG...
    Yep, here in St. Pete too LOL
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Here in Fort Wayne, there are three groups of fragrances:

Group 1 (ultra-popular): Acqua di Gio, Sean John Unforgivable, or Usher (which has been flying off the shelves here, even among non-hip-hop fans... there were times where Macy's and Von Maur were sold out of it!)

Group 2 (very popular): Angel Men, Le Male, CK IN2U, all the Polo scents (except Polo Green), and all Lacoste fragrances

Group 3 (somewhat or not very popular): Everything else.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Le Mâle -- every queen (and, as time goes by, every metrosexual) west of the Mississippi must own a bottle of this Gaultier concoction.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 7th January 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Acqua di Gio and Kenneth Cole
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Diesel Fuel for Life

It's getting really popular