Code of Conduct

Default I ordered Kingdom blind!

I know Serpent is a big fan of this one. But, alas, he has not been here for a while. [smiley=sad.gif] Anyway, I could not resist bidding on Kingdom. I have had luck so far with the loved/hated ones, like A*men, Angel, Pi etc. What can I expect from Kingdom? I would appreciate any thoughts from people who have tried it.

Default Re: I ordered Kingdom blind!

You're a brave person indeed. Expect cumin, and lots of it! What's next on your list of blind purchases, Kouros? LOL!

Right decision!

I also ordered Kingdom blind because I was so impressed by all the enthusiastic reviews here on BN. Still, after ordering I was quite skeptic and worried about its wearability for a man. But finally, Kingdom exceeded my expectations: it's a unique, warm, distinctive floral, absolutly wearable and definitely not too sweet. I'm wondering why it's not marketed as a unisex fragrance. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
    [smiley=smiley.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    You're a brave person indeed. Expect cumin, and lots of it! What's next on your list of blind purchases, Kouros? LOL!
    Ha ha! You are almost right! [smiley=grin.gif] I have bid on Kouros, but lost every single time. However, I catched a glimpse of it at a local perfumery, had to go in, and smelt it on a paper strip. I did not quite get what the controversy is about. It WAS special and had some similar notes to L'Anarchiste(?), but it did not stand out as much as Angel, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by lagloriacubana
    Ha ha! You are almost right! *[smiley=grin.gif] I have bid on Kouros, but lost every single time.
    The angels of mercy shine upon you!!!

However, I catched a glimpse of it at a local perfumery, had to go in, and smelt it on a paper strip. I did not quite get what the controversy is about. It WAS special and had some similar notes to L'Anarchiste(?), but it did not stand out as much as Angel, for example. *
    I can now safely say, you will ADORE Kingdom!!!!!!! Let me introduce you to Yatagan next and of course, Dzing!!!! [smiley=wink.gif]

Yes yes! Both Yatagan and Dzing! are on my "must have decants" list! [smiley=happy.gif]

The original Kingdom is fantastic, but there is another version called Kingdom Limited Edition. They are different! I bought the Limited Edition first and couldn't live with it, sold it immediately. All members complaining about a certain sweat note have all been testing the Limited Edition IMO. The original Kingdom is fantastic!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

If you speak of the original Kingdom in the deep red-colored glass heart, I know of which you speak...I own it! I, too, was curious months ago and tried it. I got a funky, sweaty smell for the first six minutes. Then....it turned dark, floral, masculine, intriquing......all at once! But the day I tried it was a warm one and my skin has kinda bizarre chemistry, so after 3 hours, it started to remind me of Tommy (my skin had burned away all but the sandalwood and citrus!). But, alas, I bought it anyway and wore it. [smiley=smiley.gif]

I can tell you that on me, Kingdom opens with cumin and some civet....it smells funky at first. But the cumin does subside and the rose starts to come through along with musk and myrrh. One of my co-worker said there is a hint of a feminine side but he said it was "...classic feminine, not soft and girly." The last stages have the sandalwood, citrus and vanilla joining the party along with the musk and myrrh, these notes oscillating on my skin. All in all, this frag does have a place in my collection and it works well on me so I can't complain.

If you like heavier, bolder, even (dare I say) raunchier scents....you'll be fine with Kingdom. I wouldn't recommend Kingdom to someone who only has Cool Water, Drakkar Noir, and Acqua di Gio as faves, though! Best of luck!!!

Damn! I bought the Limited Edition! I was not aware of the difference. Oh well. I will give it a try, and sell it if it is no good. Pre-Basenotes, my wardrobe consisted of fresh scents, but now I am gravitating more towards the heavyweights.

I have to say that I do not envy you at all. Kingdom is very ville, it smacks of bad taste, it is pungent, it reminds me of a social misfit, one who picks his nose & leaves the bits in his trouser pockets. This is one fragrance that makes me feel very dirty, used & abused. *[smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
    Let your nose be your pilot

The original Kingdom is great, not the only 'female' scent in my collection, but my favourite and certainly the only one I wear outside proud not feeling my masculinity even slightly compromised! It's a must try, love it or hate it kind of scent, a fragrance that stands alone and demands attention, good, bad it demands and gets it!

I'm probably going to end up buying this one blind myself. It sounds lovely, from both the notes and the reviews people give! Even the negative reviews are usually negative in ways that make me think I'll probably like it!

~Silk

I have the original and this summer's limited edition, and I really enjoy both of them. Wore the original (sparingly) to work last week and recruited two colleagues to the dark side *[smiley=grin.gif] I hope you like Kingdom too.

Had to smile about the Dzing! comments - I ordered a sample of that earlier today!

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    Kingdom... smacks of bad taste...
    The Magnnum drinking game: everytime he says something smacks of bad taste, you have to do a shot!
    >hiccup<

But honestly, of all the made-for-women fragrances, Kingdom sounds like the only one I could possibly wear. But I just don't have the stones to buy it blind. Me no like wearing the women's stuff! Maybe a sample will fall out of the sky and land in my hand one day...?
    Or maybe I'll sack up and get a bottle blind anyway on Ebay. They go for pretty good prices. I've seen 100mls of the EdP go for like 25bucks!

I also ordered Blind and am wearing it for the first time today. I must say that I find it quite appealing. It is rather loud to start out with but man..what a scent! I have gotten many compliments here at the office today too. This one is definately a keeper. I think I may just try for Yatagan next.

As a reviewer said in the Directory, it's crude, it's vulgar, and it's an instant masterpiece.

I also bought a bottle of the "summer edition" thinking I had the original. They're easy to tell apart; the original is a dark ruby red and the lighter edition is pink. I ended up returning the special edition, just not thinking it was special...didn't understand the controversy. Then I found out I had bought the wrong one and got the original. WOW. One blast and you understand the controversy. I love it but I can understand how people wouldn't. Probably one of the most divisive mass produced scents since, say, Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    [quote author=magnnum link=1125484987/0#9 date=1125494850]Kingdom... smacks of bad taste...
    The Magnnum drinking game: *everytime he says something smacks of bad taste, you have to do a shot!
    >hiccup<

[/quote]

lol!

I think i'm in the minority, IMHO Kingdom is a rude fragrance, seriously one can get palpitations from this stench!
    Let your nose be your pilot