Code of Conduct

Default The House of Bond and Cartier

I send them to Hates! Bond is a cheap, synthetic rehash of already wonderful scents purveyed to us by creed. Little italy smells like vomit, hamptons tries to ripp of SMW, chez bond tries to ripp of GIT, and so on so forth. I tried every fragrance in the cartier line and I almost like eadu de cartier but the drydown turned rancid. The one I most liked was the must in the green bottle. Final verdict of Cartier? I cannot stand the smell of that putrid note so common to his fragrances.

I don't want to be negative and offend anyone; I tried so hard to fine one, ONE fragrance from either of these houses that I could live with to be diversified and my search was in vein. On the positive side, I love everything in my collection and have a great stock of smellies.

Default Re: The House of Bond and Cartier

You're not alone. I tried the entire line of Cartier and Bond. I came up 0 for both also. Some actually made me nauseous. Wall Street smells like rotten wine to me. Little Italy smells "over the top mandarin" awful, Cartier Pasha ... I actually smashed the bottle against my favorite cinderblock wall I hated it so much.

We're probably in the minority, but I'm with you on this one.

I don't hate Bond as much as just finding the scents somewhat ordinary, and for those prices, I don't expect ordinary. I think they'd be outstanding at half the price, or maybe even 1/4.

Cartier is a different story for me. I love Pasha, I love the ORIGINAL Santos, before they watered it down by half, and Eau de Cartier and Must--in all of its 8 or 9 variations--are original and classy.

I just received a small sample of Must Parfum in the mail and it's extraordinary.

Can I just say that I found this funny?

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I send them to Hates! ... cheap, synthetic rehash ... smells like vomit, ... rancid... I cannot stand the smell ... putrid ....

I don't want to be negative...
    LOL! Well damn, I'd hate to hear it if you were ever negative!
    I've never smelled any of your Creeds and what-have-yous but I quite like Santos. Love it, actually. The vintage, pre-2000ish juice, that is. It's probably my second favorite, just behind Zino. But hey! That's just me. To each his own -- and I somehow perversely love reading dudes ripping on stuff I love. It makes me laugh!

I love me some Hamptons, Chinatown and New Haarlem.
    I do prefer GIT over Chez Bond though.
    Out of the 25 Creeds I have owned....I only kept these:

Himalaya, GIT, RW, OV, OS and I'm in the process of re-acquiring BdP.

I do agree with the opinion on Cartier Frags though....yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    On the positive side, I love everything in my collection and have a great stock of smellies.
    In the end, that's all that matters! [smiley=wink.gif]

Wallstreet, Chez Bond, Eau de New York, Riverside Drive are among my favorites.
    Little Italy...Vomit? Man I'm sure glad that I don't have your nose.
    This is why fragrance is so much fun.....One persons trash is anothers treasure. That makes life so much fun...what one cannot stand...another person will Love..
    Just start a Topic about Joop..... you will discover this real fast.
    Gary

Add me to the "Bond = overpriced, Cartier = great" camp. The Bond scents I smelled were fine, but insanely overpriced. As for Cartier, I love several of them: Declaration, EdC Concentree, and Must Essence are among my all-time fragrance faves.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I've only tried one Bond No. 9 fragrance (Little Italy) and I didn't like it one bit. However, I just might try some of their other frags sometime (I'm especially interested in Hamptons, Wall Street, and Eau de New York).

As for Cartier fragrances, I don't "get" the appeal of them.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

dr_spine

the only one i like from bond is New Haarlem, all the others are kinda blah.