Code of Conduct

Default cool water or cool water deep

Hi guys,
    I am thinking of getting one of these.Please suggest which one is better as to longevity,dry down etc..Thanks.

Default Re: cool water or cool water deep

I would go for Deep it lasts longer and smells better, Cool water smells like indian herbs, but if you have money then go for Creeds "Green Irish Tweed" it smells a bit like Cool water but WAY better.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I would most definitely second the rec for Creed Green Irish Tweed-----this is one fine fragrance

I like Deep a lot more than the original Cool Water. It seems to be aimed at a younger audience, and just all around smells better to me.

i have "deep" , similar to ralph "blue" to my nose ...

great longevity on my skin, + 8hrs ....

I would go for Deep. It doesn't have that pungent synthetic note that the original CW has during the drydown. But just like everyone says, I would recommend ordering a bottle of Creed's GIT from scentiments.com since it's roughly about the same price as you would pay for Deep in a department store.

As long as others are recommending niche alternatives, I'll chime in with mine: Floris JF.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

deep doesn't last as long as original CW... At least on me. And if it does, it's VERY subtle.

nvm i like deep better. it lasts longer.
    Last edited by G Man; 6th April 2007 at 05:39 PM.

I think Cool Water Deep is the better option. Just an overall nicer more refined scent. A lot of people suggested GIT, I'm personally not a fan. I find it has some harsh notes in it that annoy me; that and the street price of the GIT will be about 5 times what the street price of the Cool Water or Cool Water Deep will cost.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

I like both of them. I know thay lack refinement in a way, and there is a heavy "chemistry set" note in cool water but I just like it. It smells nice .
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Obviously a thread asking to decide between CW and CWD can't do without a plethora of GIT recommendations..

Cool Water is a very distinctive one, but I just feel it smells like shower gel. I would recommend looking at CK Eternity as well, or maybe even Paco Rabannes XS.

Cool Water Deep is somewhat more modern, an aquatic somewhat like a darker/bluer smelling Acqua di Gio, though not as blue as Polo Blue. Quite different from the original CW, and much less imaginative imho.

Can't really comment on the longevity of the two. I would get CW or more likely Eternity, even if I didn't already own ADG.

Definetely CW Deep. A less floral, fresher take and as good lasting as the original one.

I recommend cool water deep as well. It lasts a fairly long time on my friend. He wears it all the time and whenever we're out somewhere I can still smell it on him after 6ish hours.

CWD is my third favorite scent of all time. It's really relaxing and definitely more modern smelling than cool water. However, it has longevity issues. Where are all these CWD fans coming from... everyone wants to come out of the closet after a few postings lol. This is not including myself, I've mentioned CWD as my third favorite in a thread I started back in october. GET THE DEEP!!!!