Code of Conduct

Default Any good green tea fragrances?

I love the smell of spicy green tea but having tried a lot of green tea fragrances I´m close to giving up. Yang was great at first and made me very happy for a while but started to become more cloyng up untill the point where I traded it. LÓccitane green tea is a bit synthetic and too floral. The Bvlgari ones are too floral. Declaration is too cardamom packed. Fresh index green tea is just strange.
    It seems all green tea fragrances are too floral and light. Where is that one spicy woody dry green tea scent that I´m looking for? Any recommendations?
    Feel free to disagree or back me up!

/ Tobbe

Default Re: Any good green tea fragrances?

Elizabeth Arden does a fragrance 'spiced green tea' marketed for females though so probably also light and floral...http://www.basenotes.net/ID10211262.html

francois

Roger & Gallet Eau de thé vert may be what you're looking for!
    I too was looking for a nice dry green tea scent until I discovered this one.
    It's quite fleeting though, and stays close to the skin, but it can be used under the sun in the summer without any problem.

Francois!

I remember trying it in Barcelona a while ago. I liked it but thought it was a bit subtle. I must revisit it. I find that I need less powerful sillage as time goes by. Maybe my rookie nose is becoming somewhat tuned?? The stores here don´t carry Roger & Gallet fragrance, only soaps, so I think I´ll have to order a dacant or sample from a Basenoter in the near future. The soaps are amazing though. Is the fragrance similar to the green tea soap? Because in that case we may have a winner!! Thank you for the recommendation.

As for the Arden; my girlfriend has the green tea and I enjoy it on her but it would be too feminine for my skin. I like the scent and if it worked well with my skin I could care less if its labelled for men or women. However floral doesn´t work for me so I doubt that the spiced green tea will. I might check it out anyway beacause you never know...

/Tobbe

Have you tried:

-L'Artisan's Tea for Two - more of a smoky tea; this might be the one you seek
    - Felissimo 56 - this is made by L'Artisan for Felissimo in NY and is a great Earl Grey / bergamot combo
    - L'Artisan's The Pour Un Ete - not particulary good at projection but has lasting power close to the skin,

Hey Tobbe,

I'm a green tea lover also, and went through the same disenchantment with Yang. I still like it, but sometimes it's just too much.
    Let me second the suggestion of Roger and Gallet's Eau de thé vert (Green Tea). It's inexpensive, and a nice rich tea scent. These is a significant sparkling lemon/citrus note, so it works very well on warm days. I have no problems with lasting power with this one. It's not a powerhouse scent, but it carries well. It's my default on hot days, and it gets a fair share of compliments. The green tea soap they make is also wonderful. Both available online.

I love Tea for Two, but is is not a green tea fragrance - it's a smokey black tea with chai spices. A favorite in fall and winter.

I agree with you about the Bulgari tea frags. They tend to be somehow "too much" for me. Too floral, too synthetic, or something.
    Good luck.
    DOC

Whoops. Didnt see your response above. The cologne is quite like the soap, but with a more pronounced lemon note. If you like the soap, you will likely enjoy the cologne.
    Doc

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that Bvlgari pour Homme Extreme is exactly what you're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe
    It seems all green tea fragrances are too floral and light. Where is that one spicy woody dry green tea scent that I´m looking for? Any recommendations?
    Try Annick Goutal´s Duel! A friend of mine wears it and on him it smells wonderful! It has a predominant but well blended green tea note, is not too flowery and of good lasting power! I personally prefer Goutal´s Eau du Fier - it has a strong smoky tea note - though I know this scent is not everyone´s cup of tea...but Duel is a real crowd-pleaser!!!

OK!!!

Tea for two is mentioned a lot here on the forum. It sounds like it could be a bit swet, but then I do like smokey colognes like Havana, Mémoire d´Homme and so on.
    Bvlgari Pour Homme is already in my top 10 actually. I like it because its fresh, clean without heavyness, sweetness. It has a great pine note and some pepper and doesn´t get loud. Like the woody drydown as well. So it´s a favourite for sure, but I don´t get green tea from it, more like a discretely smokey black tea (more maté than lapchang).
    I have tried Duel but it was a little sharp for me with a cough medicine touch to it that didn´t work with my skin...
    Have also tried Carthusia Mediterranée but it didn´t knock me over completely. Noticeable green tea but tha citrus added made me think bathroom cleaning products. A very clean smell for sure but not in the sense I was hoping for.
    I really like Tabarome (new) and would like something similar without the tobacco note.
    Any more suggestions are very welcome!!!
    Thanks to everyone of you who responded!!

/ Tobbe

Post Thanks / Like

I recently discovered Aroma Tonic by Lancôme. It may be marketed towards women but to my nose there's not much feminity in this scent.
    Green Tea, a little cardamom and lemon. Very nice.

And there's Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain. Tangerine, morroccan mint and green tea. After the initial citrus and mint blast, the tea note is the one that remains. Slightly woody with the mint still present. An excellent scent.

For a more rough and smoky experience try CdG Series 1: Tea. Not a typical green tea fragrance, but a very unusual and still wearable scent. It smells strange first but develops very nicely on skin without losing it's slightly harsh and medicinal smell. I know it doesn't match your request but maybe you'd like it...

Yves rocher does a unisex one which super fresh and excellent value for money deodorant and shower are also superbe.

Invisible Power