Code of Conduct

Thread: Baime?

Default Baime?

Well I picked up a used bottle of Baime of ebay for a good price and read that it was a pretty formal green scent. Since I needed a back up to the small ammount of Bois du Portugal I bought I figured this would fit the bill. What are your opinions on it?

Default Re: Baime?

This seems to be one of those love/hate fragrances.

I'm on the hate side. I got a sample vial from Aedes and just thought it reeked. Rarely do I throw out a sample vial with something still in it, but there was no way I was ever going to like this one.

OK. I'll take the plus side. I very much enjoy this one - green herbs, wood and vetyver.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. I'd have to say that if any fragrance is my signature, this is it.

Even if you don't like this one on you, it's still pleasant to be around. It reminds me a lot of Aveda products.

I don't know if it would be a good backup to BdP though. I don't see the similiarity there.

I don't get the wood and vetiver. I get pure, clean, long lasting green. At first I didn't like it, but the more I wear it the more I love it. It really blends with your skin beautifully and it has really pleasant sillage. Always gets compliments.

Extremely unique, but in a very tasteful way.

Oh I wasn't looking for somehting similar to BdP just something else that could be used well in a formal setting.

. Very green and refreshing, particularly on these humid, hot days. And it smells like nothing else! MPG is one of my favorite houses...
    Cordially,

Serge

When I smelled Baime at the store I really liked it a lot. Great herbal and woody scent. The only drawback is the price. One bonus--according to the SA at the store, this is one of MPG's "organic" scents, i.e. all the ingredients are organically grown. This may be worth considering if you're into all-natural products.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Green, yes, but the basil in it is much softer than the fragrance that I find it most closely resembles, Diptyque's Virgilio. A great one for the summer when you tire of citrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    When I smelled Baime at the store I really liked it a lot. Great herbal and woody scent. The only drawback is the price. One bonus--according to the SA at the store, this is one of MPG's "organic" scents, i.e. all the ingredients are organically grown. This may be worth considering if you're into all-natural products.
    Haha I live in Eugene, Oregon I.E. 2nd biggest organic city in the country other than Berkeley, but.....I live on a convential farm and actually depise what organic farms for putting a lot of family farms out of business in this area. Any way I got mine for 20 buck only like a third of a bottle, but I'm stoked!

This stuff is potent, very strong and ultra long lasting! Makes me think of pure perfume ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon