Code of Conduct

Thread: SSD V Round 2

Default SSD V Round 2

First of all, thanks to everyone who voted in Round 1!

Now, Round 2 is on. Pick one of the three finalists, but pick wisely!

And one note: I will NOT be able to provide decants/samples of the winning fragrance, as I only own one of the three finalists and I don't have decanting materials at my disposal. Feel free to ask other Basenoters who own the winner for decants/samples, though.

Round 2-FIGHT!

(Note to mods: sticky this thread until August 25, 2005.)
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSD V Round 2

Voted for GIT 'cause I @ least have a sample vial of this
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Voted New York because frankly, we all already know what GIT smells like, and if people need I can do decants of New York for them.

Hmmm, I find this rather a disappointing collection. Aside from the fact that I dislike all three of these scents (which purely MY problem), I question the wisdom of choosing something as rare and expensive as PdN New York. Are people willing to send out free vials of this stuff? If they are not, I fear this will be an extremely small and exclusive circle participating in SSD. One of the fun parts of SSD has always been to get LOTS of people, many of whom are wearing the scent for the first time, to participate, and I can't really see that happening this time unless Live Jazz is the one that gets chosen...

Just my $.02; feel free to step up to the plate and prove me wrong!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Hmmm, I find this rather a disappointing collection. Aside from the fact that I dislike all three of these scents (which purely MY problem), I question the wisdom of choosing something as rare and expensive as PdN New York. Are people willing to send out free vials of this stuff? If they are not, I fear this will be an extremely small and exclusive circle participating in SSD. One of the fun parts of SSD has always been to get LOTS of people, many of whom are wearing the scent for the first time, to participate, and I can't really see that happening this time unless Live Jazz is the one that gets chosen...

I agree w/ you 110%. My initial thought was that we shouldn't be choosing the "best" fragrance per se, but rather a fragrance that the majority of basenoters have in their wardrobe.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I agree with Phoenix's wise words. An SSD usually does require a person or two to donate a lot of juice and mailing fuss/cost to the cause. That's not a bad thing when there are volunteers, but with a rare juice like New York it makes it tough on both parties, the requestor and the volunteer. I sure don't want Madgradrx to be stuck with sending out two dozen samples internationally, so several other volunteers would be necessary. Live Jazz doesn't present so much of a problem of course.

Still, 40 people participating in SSD is a big success. Sixty is phenomonal. With so many members today we might easily break that though.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I also clicked on GIT because I still have a sample. Would be a good excuse to finally use it up.

I voted Green Irsh Tween! Lets have a first SSD with Creed! Also, this one is probably owned by more members. I do not have the other two and will need a sample vial is one should win.

I don't have any of the three, so guess I'll pass on voting / participating this go 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix

I also respect this point of view and since I don't like GIT thát much, I vote for Live Jazz!

I really don't mind getting my hands on a vial at all... And why can't people pay the person who sends them out? I certainly would want to do that.

May the Force be with Live Jazz! [smiley=cool.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=Phoenix link=1124384111/0#3 date=1124387772]

I agree w/ you 110%. *My initial thought was that we shouldn't be choosing the "best" fragrance per se, but rather a fragrance that the majority of basenoters have in their wardrobe.
    That's how I've been voting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I really don't mind getting my hands on a vial at all... And why can't people pay the person who sends them out? I certainly would want to do that.
    I totally agree with this. I would pay someone to send me a sample I don't have.

Gotham

UPDATE...

Polling is now closed.

And the winner goes to (drumroll please):

Green Irish Tweed by Creed! Let's hear it for our first niche SSD!

Remember: September 30 is the day! Start acquiring decants/samples/bottles NOW!
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Please. What's the winner fragances in others editions?.
    1st - Cuiron - Helmut Lang - 1 august 2003

I may have a sample of this around somewhere. If not, I'll wear the budget alternative, AKA Floris JF. [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)