Code of Conduct

Default What to add to my collection

Hey guyz im only 16 and i have a small collection that consists of....Burberry London, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Jean Paul Gaultier: Le Male, I also have Claiborne Sport, Joop! but i rarely wear those too, and i occasionally wear Tommy by Tommy HIlfiger.. I am just wondering since im taking a ride out to some outlets tomorrow and there is a Perfumania there what i should add to my collection. I would think about aqua di gio but it smells so similair to Perry Ellis 360 Red.. Well what do you guyz advise.. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What to add to my collection

Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme, Azzaro Chrome, and if you like the 360 I'd suggest you try Perry Ellis Reserve.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I don't recommend Acqua Di Gio because it would be like having 2 bottles of 360 Red. I suggest you try Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. It's very different from the ones you already have. You might also want to try Burberry Brit. BTW you have good taste for a 16 year old.

You need a good vanillic Oriental. Try Casran by Chopard, Perry M or Rochas Man.

Perhaps Xeryus or Jazz. Both are fresher fougres like AdG but less widely worn and Perfumania has them.

I second the choice of a good vanillic scent, why not Egoiste?
    Or maybe a good woody oriental

Chanel Allure Sport!!!

Well guys unfortunately I did not get a chance to read this before i left and ended up grabbing a bottle of Ck Crave...The thing that really sold me on the bottle is that the girl i was with liked it so i just grabbed it. I could still return/ exchange it.. Is there anything bad in any way about this...Was it a bad decision? Thanks for the comments on having good taste.. Hey i try.. [smiley=grin.gif]

All I can say is that you HAD good taste. LOL [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Man...WHats wrong with Crave? I don't think it smells bad.. Its a good cologne for just hanging out during the day.. Well maybe ill exchange it for some Lacoste.. I did find the Lacoste after this and liked the smell better... What do you guys think ??

Alrighty...Hopefully Im going to take a trip to Lord and Taylor tomorrow and trade it in.. I was thinking Lacoste Pour Homme..Any warnings on this one? Well anyway one problem..I did not buy it from there i purchased it from teh Calvin Klein store..So do you think they will take the exchange? I never used it. Anyway if that dont work ill try Macy's then if worst comes to worst ill just try and switch with the guy at a stand in the mall...Well i will of course sample some more but what do you guys reccomend? IM kinda ticked that Crave gets such bad reviews, on not lasting long

Yup, always do your research before going out scent hunting. It slipped my mind, but if longevity is what you're after, try Escada Magnetism and Hanae Mori EDP.

Welcome aboard Nicholas. Hey, if you like it, wear it. Just that simple. Your tastes will change over time and there's no need to rush things. Sure, spend some time at the counter with clean arms and try on bottles both new and old. But by all means follow your nose. Crave doesn't last long? No big deal, spray on some more. It was cheap and they'll probably make some more of it if you find yourself running low. Wear what you like and if she likes it, so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest
    Welcome aboard Nicholas. Hey, if you like it, wear it. Just that simple. Your tastes will change over time and there's no need to rush things. Sure, spend some time at the counter with clean arms and try on bottles both new and old. But by all means follow your nose. Crave doesn't last long? No big deal, spray on some more. It was cheap and they'll probably make some more of it if you find yourself running low. Wear what you like and if she likes it, so much the better.
    Agree. As long as the scent isn't overly offensive I'd just pick whatever I like myself. And I don't really think you can offend people with Crave. Acqua di Gio has a lot of positive reviews but I'd never buy it anyway because (almost) everybody else does. If you just trust your nose you will also gain that extra bit of self-confidence it gives to know that you smell good. By the way, your girl is not the first one I've experienced being very positive about Crave. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Thanks.. I like the scent, its something different than all my other ones. It is a lighter scent. I have yet to try it out, and i am curious to how long it lasts as it has gotten mixed reviews. Anyone have any experience with it? Let me know! Also Lacoste Pour Homme smelled in my opinion similair just a little heavier. Well Thanks for all the pointers!

I'm in a neutral position with Crave. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It's a nice fresh scent. If your girlfriend likes it, then it might be insulting to trade it in. If you like it also then wear it. I admit to buying a few scents that I didn't think were so great but I always kept them and used up the whole bottle. I thought that by doing that I could get a better idea of different scents. It worked. I trained my nose to distinguish different notes. Your tastes will change over time without a doubt. I personally like Crave more than Lacoste. Even though Crave is much lighter, remember that women have a better sense of smell than men. Longevity has always been a problem for me with fresh scents. I haven't found one that lasts all day on my skin. I always have to spray more by the middle of the day and I even resort to spraying my clothes. Everybody's chemistry is different. Ironically, the only scents that seem to last me a fair amount of time are the ones that everybody considers to be overpowering, too strong, or "cloying". Good luck.

yea i think it is a nice light scent. I will probably keep it, and your right it will definitely get used..

Alright guys..Update.. I exchanged Crave for Armani Black Code, not because i did not like the scent of crave, but i tried it and it lasted about 45 minutes on me if that...Well anyway one more question, how do you guys reccomend applying cologne? I usually just spray it on my neck, and a different amount of sprays for each cologne.. Well let me know Thanks!

Hi Nick,

I'm only a few years older than you (I'm 25).

For application, it depends on what scent it is and the setting - romantic or office or formal or sport, etc. If it's something where you're going to be close to somebody, limit yourself to one or two sprays so that when they get close they're not overwhelmed

For a typical day at work, I'll do 2-3 sprays on the neck, 2 or so in the hair, and another 2 on my right wrist. (left wrist wears a watch so I don't want to get that one all funky with a different fragrance every day.)

If you want to splurge a bit and get something more expensive ($60-80 online), I'd suggest two Creeds for a young man: Silver Mountain Water and Millesime Imperial. If you wear Silver Mountain Water, anyone and everyone who gets close to you will just fall in love with the way you smell. Millesime Imperial isn't quite as enchating, but it's certainly a fantastic, fruity, fresh, young scent.

If you don't want to spend so much money, I'd look at Clinique Happy, Alfred Sung Paradise (dirt cheap, lasts decently long, very nice fragrance, much underrated), Essenza de Zegna.

Thanks Ren... I think I may make creed my next scent, but may wait until around christmas to get a new scent, Ill look into the Creed Silver Mountain Water!

ARmani Black Code was a good choice.