Code of Conduct

Default Acier Aluminium-One of the most underrated Creeds

A couple of weeks back, I had the fortune of finding a store in my area that had Creed's Acier Aluminium. It is undoubtedly one of the most complex and long-lasting of all the Creed scents. However, it is also not one of the ones that people always spout off about (ie. Millesime Imperial, Himalaya, GIT). I am wondering if I am in the minority in thinking that it is up there with BdP and Vintage Tabarome as one of the best Creeds?

Default Re: Acier Aluminium-One of the most underrated Cre

I totally agree with you. Its one of my favorite Creeds.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Another one I haven't seen mentioned _that_ much and which is just pure brilliance to my nose is Tabaróme Millésime.

But I have sooo many left to try... Which is good I suppose.

Yep, it is outstanding. And to top it off, unlike most folks, you spelled it right!

AA is a real masterpiece. Very unique and a perfect evening scent.

Can anyone offer their perceptions as to what notes are in the fragrance. On any site I go to regarding the notes, all I find is the same generic description: "Fruity, spicy and citrusy notes are underscored with ambergris and absolute of vanilla."

AA is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE SCENT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! Seriously!

It blew me away when I first tried it and I will NEVER be without a bottle!

Yup. Amazing. Of of the best Creeds to my nose. Extremely lasting and projecting. The antithesis of the Millesime range and AA is an EdT as opposed to the EdP strength of the Millesime's....
    I have never seen all of the notes published, only "citrus and spice over ambergris". We know there's more going on but I cannot pick out anything else. It is very well blended. Gotta be careful with the trigger on this one, it is potent.

Eric

I agree! AA is my favorite Creed scent along with Angelique Encens, Ambre Cannelle and Royal English Leather. IMHO the Millesime range is over-rated and boring (except BdP!)

To me, AA is perfection’s most elegant manifestation in perfume.

As much I love Creed, I've never sampled this one. Can anyone describe what it smells like? Is it a casual or formal scent? How would you rate its longevity and sillage? Can it be compared to any of the other Creed scents? I own MI, Himalaya, GIT, BDP, Erolfa, SMW, and OV if that helps.

After having sampled this treasure a couple of weeks ago, I can tell you that it is definitely a formal evening scent. Its longevity surpasses many of the Millesimes. For example, it may not last as long as Bois du Portugal, but it is definitely more long-lasting than GIT, Himalaya, Millesime Imperial, or Tabarome Millesime. As for a comparison, I cannot really compare it to any of the Creeds. It is definitely in a league of its own. Perhaps someone else can offer a description of this masterpiece. Btw, was this one of Olivier Creed's first?

AA is one of Creed's best. It is perhaps the best amber scent for men period. For comparison with other creed, ambre cannelle is the one that comes closet in the extensive load of ambergris. Mind you, Ambre cannelle goes cinnamon spicy while AA goes fruity. The opening notes of AA are quite literally like metal. This is the trademark creed ambergris. Feels like some one blew aluminum and steel dust into your face. This lasts only a few seconds. Then a wholesome sweet fruity scent emerges. Creed's genius is really balancing the sweetness just enough, preventing it from turning cloying. Definitely a formal scent. I must say, though there is a hint of this being dated. Others might disagree.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

It's times like these that I'm happy to say I own a bottle, because these postings are a lemming's nightmare!
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Was this Olivier Creed's first scent that he created for the House? Or was it made by his predecessor?